Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what was the WORST job you ever had?

weyes

what was the worst job you ever had? mine was the 2 weeks i worked at wet seal. ugh. we had to wear makeup & at least 3 accessories, but, even though we weren't allowed to have visible tattoos, the manager showed off her tramp stamp all the time with her little shirts and low-rise jeans. when assigned to be a greeter, you had to assault customers with deals. when running the dressing rooms, you had to bring items to people as they shopped that you thought would go well with stuff they already chose. :aaah:

i would NEVER wanna shop in that environment, why would i wanna work there? 2 weeks was all i could take :laugh: .

what was the worst job you ever had? mine was the 2 weeks i worked at wet seal. ugh. we had to wear makeup & at least 3 accessories, but, even though we weren't allowed to have visible tattoos, the manager showed off her tramp stamp all the time with her little shirts and low-rise jeans. when assigned to be a greeter, you had to assault customers with deals. when running the dressing rooms, you had to bring items to people as they shopped that you thought would go well with stuff they already chose. :aaah:

i would NEVER wanna shop in that environment, why would i wanna work there? 2 weeks was all i could take :laugh: .

Probably making $4.25 an hour filing medical papers all day for 8 hours when I was 16. I can't imagine doing that now.

I started working for a temp company straight out of high school. One of the first (and last) jobs they sent me on was this warehouse printing company. My job was to take a postcard and glue a penny to it...... over and over and over. Meanwhile I am standing on a concrete warehouse floor in 100 degree San Antonio heat! I bolted at the first break we had.

I was a cashier. You would not believe the idiots I had to put up with on a day to day basis. Not to mention how little my bosses cared about my well-being. My mom commented on how I was much nicer to be around after quiting that job. Also, before I quit, she hung out by my register, just to see if my job was as bad as I said it was, and she could only put up with WATCHING for 2 minutes before she got so frustrated she had to leave.

The store is a magnet for america's scums, morons, and failures.

...My job was to take a postcard and glue a penny to it...... over and over and over. Meanwhile I am standing on a concrete warehouse floor in 100 degree San Antonio heat! I bolted at the first break we had.
boo :no: ! i'd think that the heat would keep the glue from setting... and i wonder if those pennies stayed glued in the mail, anyway. temp jobs can be particularly annoying; they get temps to do them 'cause no one on the real payroll'll do 'em :laugh: !
The store is a magnet for america's scums, morons, and failures.
the 3 things that get me most about wal-mart are:

how messy the joint is

how there are ALWAYS screaming kids there

how the employees are always grumpy and unhelpful.

but i know what you mean; it's really hard to be cheerful in a job you hate. i just never figured out that that was their reason. duuuuuurrrrrrr

A few years ago i worked at burlington coat factory before it first opened, was a complete and total nightmare. between working 13-14 hours and having little or no break, picking up and opening huge boxes all day and night, to standing in front of the wall that had a huge gaping hole in it in the middle of February, cold air from outside blowing in while wearing my manager's blazer (basically working outside). when the store opened, it was not stop fixing pocket books over and over again and picking up after grown women who made a huge mess. fixing accessories like jewelery was so tedious too....

Picking up in the shoe department and walking up and down the aisles for hours when no one wanted your help so boring. The final straw was having my 23 year old manager yell at me that i was creating a mess, as i created an entire pocketbook wall as a blizzard was going on and i was required to be there, and she told me to take down the whole thing, i gave my 2 weeks notice on the spot. the discount sucked too....i worked there a month and felt like an eternity. worst job ever.