Clubplanet Nightlife Community

World Trade Center - movie

..this movie is not any different then movies about other events ....i think it just sits a little closer to home to a lot of people.......not everyone got to watch pearl harbor ..or the titanic sink ...etc..........i still think its the decision of the people who's story it is telling ...and they gave the green light so
i think that, for a lot of people, it's just too soon. pearl harbor was a long time ago (relatively speaking), and titanic, while also a long time ago, was more of a love story than about the sinking of the ship.

..this movie is not any different then movies about other events ....i think it just sits a little closer to home to a lot of people.......not everyone got to watch pearl harbor ..or the titanic sink ...etc..........i still think its the decision of the people who's story it is telling ...and they gave the green light so

I think that a movie about the holocaust sits closer to home with A LOT MORE PEOPLE than a movie about the twin towers. I'm just playing devil's advocate here... I've already stated that I won't see it, but I've also stated my reasons.

There are a lot of movies that sit close to home with a lot of people. As a whole, people on this board feel more strongly just because this happened in our backyard.

...yea but this is more of a human interest story than one about the actual terrorist events....dont u think?....i completely understand the issues with seeing it......i just think its great that these guys are alive and have a story to tell ...so who are we to say u cant tell it.......seeing it or not is everyone's choice just like any movie....

...i read a few interviews and it was made quite clear that there is no political stance taken in this film..

...yea but this is more of a human interest story than one about the actual terrorist events....dont u think?....i completely understand the issues with seeing it......i just think its great that these guys are alive and have a story to tell ...so who are we to say u cant tell it.......seeing it or not is everyone's choice just like any movie....

...i read a few interviews and it was made quite clear that there is no political stance taken in this film..

Yeah, I agree. It's about the experience of two specific people.

well i don't know if there any movies about hiroshima, or the massacre at wounded knee... i never saw pearl harbor, i can't think of any off the top of my head for some reason... as far as 9-11 its much, much too soon for this.

How do you feel about other movies that are based on reality?

Yeah, I agree. It's about the experience of two specific people.

The issue I have with that, IMO, is that rather than being about the whole tragedy and all the people who were affected directly, that it would be about just two specific people in the spotlight of the story. Maybe I'm projecting the wrong impression by the previews but it will bother me the story is about them more than being about the day itself and the rest who went through it. I'm rushing through this in my thoughts and not doing a good job of explaining my opinion, so I hope I make sense.

Having the film Titanic centering on 2 fictional passengers, or or any war film based around fictional characters, isn't the same in this case, to me anyway.

Actually it is. Terrorist declared war on us and then we declared war on them.

We were not in WWII untill AFTER Pearl Harbor.

......what i was saying is it is not a movie concentrating on actual war...it doesn't show war footage etc.....its a human interest story....

The issue I have with that, IMO, is that rather than being about the whole tragedy and all the people who were affected directly, that it would be about just two specific people in the spotlight of the story. Maybe I'm projecting the wrong impression by the previews but it will bother me the story is about them more than being about the day itself and the rest who went through it. I'm rushing through this in my thoughts and not doing a good job of explaining my opinion, so I hope I make sense.

Having the film Titanic centering on 2 fictional passengers, or or any war film based around fictional characters, isn't the same in this case, to me anyway.

..yea but look how bent out of shape everyone would get if it was about the whole day etc......

i kind of agree with caleb.. i actually lost a family member in 9/11 and i dont think this film is too soon... this movie is telling a story about 2 people who put their lives in danger to help out other people... it's a feel good movie... when you cry to this you'll cry tears of joy.. people in america need to know that there is still good in most human beings.. i for one will definitely be seeing it this weekend..

for the people that say it is too soon what kind of arbitrary number can you give me that will make it not too soon? 15 years? 10 years?

Why? Just because someone is making money off of it? They are donating some of the opening weekend's take (I don't know how much) to 9/11 charities.

this is what I was curious about.

It would be nice to see them donate more than half of the earnings (actors/actresses too) to the families and charities..

NOT just opening weekend. If thats the case, I'll buy the bootleg dvd before I pay for a movie ticket because if this is just pure profit then that just sickens me

this is what I was curious about.

It would be nice to see them donate more than half of the earnings (actors/actresses too) to the families and charities..

NOT just opening weekend. If thats the case, I'll buy the bootleg dvd before I pay for a movie ticket because if this is just pure profit then that just sickens me

So every movie about a tragedy should have the proceeds donated to the tragedy that occurred? BS

Think of all the movies that cover some real life issue and that all of those movies should donate to what the issue is? Bullshit, what about all the war movies, movies about AIDS, Cancer, dirty cops, drug dealers, you think the proceeds to Scarface should go to the DEA to help fight the "war against drugs"

I saw the movie, it def. hit home, the movie was very deep, there was nothing added and nothing taken away. I went through a package of tissues and then some. I don't want to talk too much about it for those who have not seen it yet or are still debating. Everyone walked out of the theatre in silence I recommend going to see it although it will effect people in a different way, a feeling of peace comes over you at the same time because the cops, firemen, etc..are not just our heroes, so are the people who were in the WTC. It left me speechless, sad, happy and, when I came into work the next day as I passed the site my heart and prayers went out to all the families who lost a loved one.

I would definitely watch it, I dont see the difference in this movie and Titanic.

I guess if you have personal reasons, than that's fine. But, most movies do not donate most of the money to the tragedy...why shoujld this be any different. It's a movie..and from what I hear (havent seen it yet)..its done in a very tasteful way..

I guess..each his own..