Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stimulus>Response w/Dj Exacta@Pacha 8/12/06 review, Pics,Videos,Mixes

Ive said it before a good dj plays the latest music but a GREAT dj playes 30+yrs worth of dance music and make it work. If anyone is curious bout the sets they will be coming in afew and you can judge for yourself.

And ray in case you missed it exacta did play REJ which has been out since last sept when tedd patterson was dropping in since last aug, so techincally by your standards it mustve been terrible hehe. Dude its NEVER about the LATEST TUNES or I ONLY GOT THIS, cause if thats the attitude behind a dj/fan then it is very limited.

Yes your rigth Bull he did play rej. But it was the not released yet Pasta Boys remix he played. HAHAHHAHA. Good try though. If you would have listened to the track you would of heard the main beat be replaced with strings. Again good try though!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just face it bro. Keith is not that good. I can name 1000 other DJs who deserve to be up there. Not someone whos set would have been ok a year ago.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes your rigth Bull he did play rej. But it was the not released yet Pasta Boys remix he played. HAHAHHAHA. Good try though. If you would have listened to the track you would of heard the main beat be replaced with strings. Again good try though!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just face it bro. Keith is not that good. I can name 1000 other DJs who deserve to be up there. Not someone whos set would have been ok a year ago.

of course i knew it was a remix but that was not the point. There have been many remixes of that song and im OVER IT personally. Remember im not trying to say keith is the greatest dj around far from it. My whole argument concern with you is your attitude towards what you consider new/old good/great djs. Its fine you can name a 1000 djs that shouldve been up there and so can i what is your point again. Next time add flavor to the dancefloor instead of just chilling up behind the booth.

I hope you realize one day after a few more yrs of goin out and being around the scene longer than you have. Thats its never been about playing the latest tunes.

of course i knew it was a remix but that was not the point. There have been many remixes of that song and im OVER IT personally. Remember im not trying to say keith is the greatest dj around far from it. My whole argument concern with you is your attitude towards what you consider new/old good/great djs. Its fine you can name a 1000 djs that shouldve been up there and so can i what is your point again. Next time add flavor to the dancefloor instead of just chilling up behind the booth.

I hope you realize one day after a few more yrs of goin out and being around the scene longer than you have. Thats its never been about playing the latest tunes.

What difference does it make where I am hanging out, I was there to support Exacta. Why should it matter if im on the dance floor, in the booth, in the bathroom, or in the ceiling rafters. Point is I was there. It seems to me you just keep looking for reasons to try and make me look bad. "Add flavor to the dance floor" LMAO!!! What the fuck is that. Look Bull I have nothing at all aganist you dude. Its just my opinion that Keith does not deserve to be up there. Your gonna have to deal with it bro.

And dude stop fronting. You had no idea it was a remix man. Stop the bullshit. HAHA

What difference does it make where I am hanging out, I was there to support Exacta. Why should it matter if im on the dance floor, in the booth, in the bathroom, or in the ceiling rafters. Point is I was there. It seems to me you just keep looking for reasons to try and make me look bad. "Add flavor to the dance floor" LMAO!!! What the fuck is that. Look Bull I have nothing at all aganist you dude. Its just my opinion that Keith does not deserve to be up there. Your gonna have to deal with it bro.

And dude stop fronting. You had no idea it was a remix man. Stop the bullshit. HAHA

First yeah i know we dont have any beef personally BUT the point of the adding flavor ot the floor was that yes you were there to support exacta and this has nothing to do with you personally. But i dont understand nor get why people who arent the dj/promoter/staff hang out in the booth or around. Support yuor dj by being a fan on the dacnefloor yeah its cool to hang around the booth fine, but dont live up there lol.

And i hope you do realize that rej has many remixes to it, and how could i not tell it was remix when it sounded nothing like the original one. I dont care about the song i dont care who did the remix i dont care who gave it to you lol. What i care about is you thinkin i couldnt tell it wasnt the original one.

Where exactly is it that you played for a couple thousand people?

What was the reaction by some "second rate" Siskel & Ebert cat sitting behind a computer who adds nothing to this industry?

As stated; everyone is absolutely entitled to an opinion - but what is your long line of credentials that gives you the power and the audacity to say who doesn't belong up there?

First yeah i know we dont have any beef personally BUT the point of the adding flavor ot the floor was that yes you were there to support exacta and this has nothing to do with you personally. But i dont understand nor get why people who arent the dj/promoter/staff hang out in the booth or around. Support yuor dj by being a fan on the dacnefloor yeah its cool to hang around the booth fine, but dont live up there lol.

And i hope you do realize that rej has many remixes to it, and how could i not tell it was remix when it sounded nothing like the original one. I dont care about the song i dont care who did the remix i dont care who gave it to you lol. What i care about is you thinkin i couldnt tell it wasnt the original one.

When I go out, I go out to hang out with my friends. And all of my friends were upstairs above the booth, and time to time, I went into the booth to talk to my friend who just happened to be spinning that night. Im sorry Bull Id rather chill with my friends anyday, then go on the dancefloor, and add "Flavor" to a sea full of cracked out Asisans. I think that "Flavor" thing makes no sense. Ya let me go on the dancefloor by myself, with no one I know, to add flavor. Does anyone else think this is dumb????

You should have just stayed with all the positive feelings you have about Exacta. It's not really a competition. Most people were there to enjoy the night - not pit who's better than who.

I did, and in my first post, I said I had a great time. I posted my review man, If people cant handle how I feel, and take offense to one mans review. Is that my problem?? I love pacha, I had a great time, and I will continue to tell people to go there, when a good DJ is there. The way Keith spun that night really bothered me. I felt like he didnt try his hardest, when there are tons and tons of other DJs out there who would kill for the chance, and not take it for granted. Thats why I was so pissed. Dude, people just need to relax, and not take my opinion so hard. Im one man, one. If people like him, great!!! Im sure there out there. I said it earlier, I hold no punches. I will state my opinion, if people cant handle it, its not my problem.....

rayray...why are you trying to battle musical whits with those who actually know what they are talking about...as much as i dont like silverbull i dont think you can hold a candle to his knowledge...why bother?

Yo what Knowledge is needed. I know 99.9% of the tracks from 2004-2006. Everyhting that Keith played was at least 6 mons old. Besides for one track. Fauvellas remix to undergound baby. Also 3 trainwrecks. What knowlegde is needed to know that, that is bad. Dude, I may not know back in the early days, but I do know most of the music from 2004-2006. So get off it. All my arguments, my knowlegde that I have is more than sufficent. One thing I do know, is new and exculsive music. To me, thats what makes a DJ great. If you dont agree, then Ill say it again, dont let my opinion bother you. Just shrug it off homeslice

Yo what Knowledge is needed. I know 99.9% of the tracks from 2004-2006. Everyhting that Keith played was at least 6 mons old. Besides for one track. Fauvellas remix to undergound baby. Also 3 trainwrecks. What knowlegde is needed to know that, that is bad. Dude, I may not know back in the early days, but I do know most of the music from 2004-2006. So get off it. All my arguments, my knowlegde that I have is more than sufficent. One thing I do know, is new and exculsive music. To me, thats what makes a DJ great.

Well after talking a bit to keith it turns 2 tracks were unreleased, about 10-12 were less then a month old and the rest were a mixture of older and newer... and there was NO trainwreck. 1 record had a bad pressing, and old joey beltram track that skipped 3 times while he was trying to mix. Please stop trying to guess what was played the whole time cause you could be wrong.

Ray i must say you are truly something else man to make a claim that you know 99.9% ofthe tracks from 2004-2006 is the most absurd post you have ever made or anybody has ever made lol. Im sure alot of bigger name djs/producers and legends of the game would never make such a claim. Also again you dont see the problem with running your mouth as some sort of "authority" when all you "know" is 2 yrs worth of music lol, cmon man think about that.

Also one more thing why dont you ask your fave djs what they think about your statement of "One thing I do know, is new and exculsive music. To me, thats what makes a DJ great"-rayray. And see what they tell you or respond to you. And not to toot my own horn but we can go thru my contact list if you want some big names to respond to that statement hehe.

Well after talking a bit to keith it turns 2 tracks were unreleased, about 10-12 were less then a month old and the rest were a mixture of older and newer... and there was NO trainwreck. 1 record had a bad pressing, and old joey beltram track that skipped 3 times while he was trying to mix. Please stop trying to guess what was played the whole time cause you could be wrong.

Ray i must say you are truly something else man to make a claim that you know 99.9% ofthe tracks from 2004-2006 is the most absurd post you have ever made or anybody has ever made lol. Im sure alot of bigger name djs/producers and legends of the game would never make such a claim. Also again you dont see the problem with running your mouth as some sort of "authority" when all you "know" is 2 yrs worth of music lol, cmon man think about that.

Also one more thing why dont you ask your fave djs what they think about your statement of "One thing I do know, is new and exculsive music. To me, thats what makes a DJ great"-rayray. And see what they tell you or respond to you. And not to toot my own horn but we can go thru my contact list if you want some big names to respond to that statement hehe.

dude you tak this way too serious..

nothing you say will spin this in your parties' favor or change his mind.. the kid said he didnt like him..thats it! Its his OPINION! Just accept it. By you trying to change his opinion you are not gonna get more people at your party. When you talk about how you hate Boris or Trance DJs, no one puts this much effort into trying to change your opinion.. why are you doing it here?

hmm.. maybe b/c its a party that you promote for?? :idea:

Give me a break dude.

One thing I do know, is new and exculsive music. To me, thats what makes a DJ great. If you dont agree,

ehhh So If Richie Santana doesn't play a set thats not 100% new and exclusive music...you will think less of him?

I know there were few times he worked in a classic from 99 here and there and the crowd loved it

dude you tak this way too serious..

nothing you say will spin this in your parties' favor or change his mind.. the kid said he didnt like him..thats it! Its his OPINION! Just accept it. By you trying to change his opinion you are not gonna get more people at your party. When you talk about how you hate Boris or Trance DJs, no one puts this much effort into trying to change your opinion.. why are you doing it here?

hmm.. maybe b/c its a party that you promote for?? :idea:

Give me a break dude.

im not trying to make ray or anyone like my party or keith. What i am arguing is ray staements of knowing every song between those yrs and that only a dj who plays new and exlusive musci is the ebst. THATS WHAT IM ARGUING, and yes i hate boris and trance lets tell everyone. But i will be at boris on thur at cielo to hear him. Yes i may not like him after only 5-6 times hearing him last time i heard him was at discotheque after hrs last summer with merrit.

But im giving him another chance, as for trance i hate trance, but millions people love it so what.

the logic behind the argument is not rayray's opinion, it's his factual statements. bull's last post stated:

Well after talking a bit to keith it turns 2 tracks were unreleased, about 10-12 were less then a month old and the rest were a mixture of older and newer...

Ray stated:

Everyhting that Keith played was at least 6 mons old. Besides for one track. Fauvellas remix to undergound baby.

Clearly everyone is going to have an opinion and we're not all going to agree. But in this case, I'd just like to point out that it is not factually true that Keith played records at least 6 months old.

i think playing new stuff is important like anythinng else in life. It is why stores and artists always work to have new material. In fashion for example stores work vigarously to be a season ahead. If a store doesnt have the newset and hottest stuff they will go out of business. It is even more so with music. A store puts the newest stuff in the window. a dj or musician does the same.

i think playing new stuff is important like anythinng else in life. It is why stores and artists always work to have new material. In fashion for example stores work vigarously to be a season ahead. If a store doesnt have the newset and hottest stuff they will go out of business. It is even more so with music. A store puts the newest stuff in the window. a dj or musician does the same.

i see where you're going, however, if you can't read a crowd, i dont give a fuck how new your shit is, it wont mean jack shit.

im not trying to make ray or anyone like my party or keith. What i am arguing is ray staements of knowing every song between those yrs and that only a dj who plays new and exlusive musci is the ebst. THATS WHAT IM ARGUING, and yes i hate boris and trance lets tell everyone. But i will be at boris on thur at cielo to hear him. Yes i may not like him after only 5-6 times hearing him last time i heard him was at discotheque after hrs last summer with merrit.

But im giving him another chance, as for trance i hate trance, but millions people love it so what.

But thats what he uses to judge Djs.. hes more about hearing new tracks out.. so what. Thats what he likes. It's stupid to argue about that.