Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Info for UK clubbers please!

purplehazeuk

Hiya! :)

We are coming for Vegas 5th-11th Nov for my 30th birthday.

Would like some info on where to go and insider info if anyone has any on who is on. Love trance e.g PVD, Armin, Ferry, like techno and some housey stuff too. Really want to make our trip special. We have been clubbing for years and want to see how it's done in the US. I'm checking the DJ own websites all the time. Are there any underground type clubs in Vegas or is it all pretty mainstream?

Cheers

Abby

Well you are coming in on Sunday and there really isnt anything as far as Trance on Sunday night..

Monday Night would be JET with Eddie McDonald (electro house/some Progressive and Tribal.. nothing too commercial at all)

Tuesday would be TAO for Global house (still only ElectroHouse/Tribal/DanceHall) Free Entry for everyone

Wed.. nothing really

Thursday Empire BallRoom (ElectroHouse) SeamlessAfterhours 6am-8am ElectroHouse/ProgressiveHouse

Friday..Ice/Empire BallRoom/Seamless ElectroHouse for all

Saturday Ice (Trance/Progressive house/Electro) Empire BallRoom..Trance/Progressive House/Electro...Seamless..Trance/TechHouse/HardHouse

hope this somewhat helps you

If you're into people vegas is it. Don't ignore them. Try to get to know them. Hey where you folks from? Stuff like that. You never know. Clubs are cool. Use the clubs to work out those built up frustrations while waiting in line. Dance the trance. Then plan your next move. According to Jeff Wilkerson of Pubclub.com places like Margarittaville take on a more intimate party setting. While sipping the THE PERFECT MARGARITA soak up the atmoshere and ckeck out whoever is checking you out. DO NOT BE SHY. Nobody comes to Vegas to be shy. My cousin let herself get picked up at harrah's buffet. It happens. I'm not saying be completely promiscuous. Calculate the situation wisely to your best interest. By the way speaking of Vegas Dirty Vegas Is on the CPR Mix this week On ClubPartyRadio.com

• 1 month later...

Check the Las Vegas Weekly's "Xania's Hot Spots" online at Las Vegas Weekly the week of your visit and you'll find all the acts at the major clubs. The paper comes out every Thursday (site is updated late Thursday).

As for underground clubs, there really isn't too much of that going on, but this is a 24-hour town and there are clubs that don't open until 3 a.m. and don't get going until 5 a.m.

You can get away with jeans no problem at pretty much every club in town. Especially if you'll be hitting up places that feature house/trance/etc.

Dress codes in Vegas are relatively relaxed. Good jeans, a decent shirt and decent shoes are all anyone needs. If you're going the VIP route then you can easily rock a slick t-shirt with good jeans and nice shoes. If you're not VIP then some clubs may not let you in with a t-shirt, no matter how "designer" it is.

Additional options for your house/trance/etc dancing pleasure

The places listed above are all valid, just thought you'd want to know all your options

Sunday:

Body English, the parlor room (11p-4a)

Drai's (3a-9a)

Monday:

Foundation Room, main room and deck has house (11p-5a)

Seamless (5a-9a)

Tuesday:

Pure, house music on the roof (11p-4a)

Wednesday:

Tabu (11p-4a)

Tangerine, house on the deck (11p-4a)

Drai's (3a-9a)

Thursday:

Tao, house in the lounge (11p-4a)

VooDoo Lounge, (11p-4a)

OPM, house in the Orchid Room (11p-4a)

Drai's (3a-9a)

Friday:

Jet, house rooom (11p-5a)

Tao, house in the lounge (11p-4a)

Pure, house music on the roof (11p-4a)

Tangerine, house on the deck (11p-4a)

Drai's (3a-9a)

My personal recommendation:

Sunday: Body English

Mon: Foundation Room

Tue: Pure

Wed: Tabu

Thur: Tao

Fri: Jet

If you don't mind doing the same club twice in a week, then definitely hit Jet on Monday. The house room is seriously off the chain those nights, the crowd is mostly local and thus extremely alive and in the mood to party. I recommended Foundation partly so that you can go to different spots, but also because it's a truly unique spot with a really great local crowd on Mondays. And if you really want to go hard on Monday, you could always go to Foundation at 11, then pop over to Jet around 1:30-2:00.

For afterhours, Drai's is the way to go unless Empire is featuring a headlining DJ that you really dig.

Regarding Ice, I just can't recommend it to anyone these days. The last few times I've gone the crowd has been weak, and the last time I heard from anyone about a good night there was in May. A few very close friends went with high hopes this past Saturday, but Armin van Buuren cancelled, Felix da Housecat was a mess and the crowd was weak. They may not even be open the Friday you're in town.

Also definitely make sure to stop by Mix, at the top of Mandalay Bay. Mellow/downtempo house and easily one of the best nighttime views of the strip. No cover if you get there before 10pm. A great warmup stop. Mix also features a full restaurant, but if you're going to eat at Mandalay...

...If you really want to splurge on an outstanding dinner go to Fleur de Lys. Aside from inredibly good food, they always play a great mix of mellow and funky house. It's a fine-dining place, but it feels very comfortable and relaxed.

Finally, if you find yourself in MGM Grand, there are two lounges that typically play house music: Zuri, which is next to the lobby; Rouge, which is at the beginning of the "Studio Walk." Very slick decor at Rouge, thanks to it being formerly a sweet little club named Teatro.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or contact me via myspace if you want to chat one-on-one about any of this stuff.

Cheers Martin!

After a quick look the dress codes in Vegas sound pretty strict!???

Both myself and my partner go out in smart jeans all the time, are they acceptable??? No way will he take a pair of proper pants to go to a club in! Nor will I for that matter!

Jeans is fine. No tears nor baggy. No tennis shoes or similar. And for (except. pre party and afterhours, i.e. Empire) do not arrive with a visible t shirt or similar on at the door.

Listen buddy,

(No ofense Lalate) Vegas is an ever changing trendy environment...the clubs go with what's hip and "in." I used to be that guy that showed up to the club wearing jeans and a brand new button up collared shirt...for the past 9 months I have been showing up in nothing but jeans and tee-shirts. Don't get me wrong...not just any old tee...you have to show SOME style...like the ever popular Obey tees...trendy, yet comfortable and satisfying...or you could even find some bad ass tees by Kenneth Cole or Ed Hardy stuff....either way, dress with style and you will get in....just don't wear baseball caps, only places like Ice and sometimes Jet will allow those. And definitely stay away from white sneakers....if you don't want to wear black dress shoes...at least wear black sneakers...my black Diesels is the only way I travel....

Oh....and please....if you wear button up collars....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tuck them in to your pants....you will look like wankers!!!

Cheers!!!

Listen buddy,

(No ofense Lalate) Vegas is an ever changing trendy environment...the clubs go with what's hip and "in." I used to be that guy that showed up to the club wearing jeans and a brand new button up collared shirt...for the past 9 months I have been showing up in nothing but jeans and tee-shirts. Don't get me wrong...not just any old tee...you have to show SOME style...like the ever popular Obey tees...trendy, yet comfortable and satisfying...or you could even find some bad ass tees by Kenneth Cole or Ed Hardy stuff....either way, dress with style and you will get in....just don't wear baseball caps, only places like Ice and sometimes Jet will allow those. And definitely stay away from white sneakers....if you don't want to wear black dress shoes...at least wear black sneakers...my black Diesels is the only way I travel....

Oh....and please....if you wear button up collars....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tuck them in to your pants....you will look like wankers!!!

Cheers!!!

No offense to you VegasStatusVIP, but as a VIP host you should be more respectful to the club that you are working with, as well as yourself by presenting yourself in a professional manner. You should be the first one to set an example for your clients and not wear t-shirts, no matter how stylish they may be. The first thing that I tell a client about dress code is to wear nice shoes. The second is to wear a collared shirt to be on the safe side. I've gotten into clubs in the past wearing Adidas sweat suits, but that's me, and this was only when I went out by myself on an off-night in the middle of the week. I wouldn't suggest that anyone else show up to a club "slummin" because chances are, they would get turned away.

Here's a safe dress code for anyone in a Las Vegas nightclub:

shirt - collared is safest, otherwise, anything BUT a t-shirt

pants - slacks or dress pants are safest, but jeans are okay if they are stylish and not too baggy and/or torn.

shoes - black is best, dress shoes are the top choice

Listen buddy,

Cheers!!!

Well said.... (Except I hate the word buddy lol.... replace with "mate" ).... Anyway mate, lol, purple - I was wearing t's in vegas clubs the last two years nonstop and never wore a dress shirt in a club that I can remember...but always arrvied with a top dress shirt unless it was certain clubs like Drais for example. And Vegas picture sites show that I was not the only one.

The key I would say, in addition said above, is where possible try to stay away from white minimalistic shirts that really look like a basic T. F Example, one of my fav t's is a simple V neck that has Hilfinger in the corner very small... that probably would almost never cut it in Vegas cuz it looks like a basic t even though it is tailored sleaves, looks hella fashionable. It's just too basic and too white.

At least here in LA lol.... Ed Hardey shirts are going ho-sale pricing lately. Ive been called "puma boy" for a reason lol. So there is a lotta labels to choose from - my preference --- funky, rockin, and fitting well.

No offense to you VegasStatusVIP, but as a VIP host you should be more respectful to the club that you are working with, as well as yourself by presenting yourself in a professional manner. You should be the first one to set an example for your clients and not wear t-shirts, no matter how stylish they may be. The first thing that I tell a client about dress code is to wear nice shoes. The second is to wear a collared shirt to be on the safe side. I've gotten into clubs in the past wearing Adidas sweat suits, but that's me, and this was only when I went out by myself on an off-night in the middle of the week. I wouldn't suggest that anyone else show up to a club "slummin" because chances are, they would get turned away.

Here's a safe dress code for anyone in a Las Vegas nightclub:

shirt - collared is safest, otherwise, anything BUT a t-shirt

pants - slacks or dress pants are safest, but jeans are okay if they are stylish and not too baggy and/or torn.

shoes - black is best, dress shoes are the top choice

You are absolutely right Mr. VIP, IF I AM OUT ON THE JOB, I will present myself in a more proffessional manner. However, not out of respect to the club I am working with....but OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE CLIENT I AM REPRESENTING! When I go out, I like to wear what I feel comfortable in...period! Which, leads me to my next point.....

Not everyone feels comfortable in dress clothes. Some people can't stand putting on button-ups. Understanding your customer and their needs is a key element to a successful business. By telling your customers they must wear dress clothes, you are not making an effort to understand them. You should be more open minded and give them advice that will best suit them, not the club. Clubs don't give a damn for you to show respect by wearing a nice collared shirt...they only care about the $2000 you are about to drop on a bottle or two. Living in Vegas you should know that the richest and most important of people walk around our city in what you call "slummin" it....you NEVER know who you are talking to and should show respect no matter what they are wearing.

Is your suggested dress code a safe way to go? Absolutely. Does it mean you have to? Definitely not!

Anyways....pointless to beat a dead horse eh?

Wear what you like Purple!

I think the bottom line with fashion and clubbing can be summed up with two statements:

1. If you've been to big-name clubs in cities like NYC, Miami, LA and London, rock whatever you're comfortable with when you go clubbing and you'll be fine in Vegas.

2. If you're not comfortable wearing the kind of threads that a particular club requires... then don't go. How are you going to enjoy yourself if you're not relaxed?

Hiya! :)

We are coming for Vegas 5th-11th Nov for my 30th birthday.

Would like some info on where to go and insider info if anyone has any on who is on. Love trance e.g PVD, Armin, Ferry, like techno and some housey stuff too. Really want to make our trip special. We have been clubbing for years and want to see how it's done in the US. I'm checking the DJ own websites all the time. Are there any underground type clubs in Vegas or is it all pretty mainstream?

Cheers

Abby

Late Night Empire@Empire Ballroom

Las Vegas #1 After Hours Destination

Proper clubbing for clubbers who know

Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays at Late Night Empire

Ohh Shit VegasRey is Back!! Hahaha...Hey Ray pretty much everything is locked down for our birthday par-tay!!

Any how...in regards to clothing!!

Mr. VIP you are totally in the wrong by telling someone they are "slummin" it with T-Shirts and Jeans. That is just way too funny. All clubs promote the idea of 21+ Dress. However that means they promote to what the current trends are. I myself wear what I want when I want. And that includes hats...

Now...to a guest from out of town. I will say this. I myself and other industry locals warrant the clothing attire we want because we patronize these clubs on a daily basis.

Someone that is standing in the General Admission line, might be passed on because of there attire. Where as you might see other people walking in with virtually the same attire but because they are in the Tables line it's okay.

Point of the matter is this....If your getting a table and willing to spend the money barring some clothing blunder you should be okay. I have friends that rock collared shirts and ripped true religion jeans. But they also drop $2 grand on a table when they go out.

Any how if you are just looking to go and hang out you are always safe with a collared shirt and jeans. If your looking to get a table there is more freedom when it comes to clothing attire.

I would recommend if your coming from out of town or out of the country contact a host. It will seem like a little more money however they will be able to ensure a schedule for you as far as what clubs to patronize. As well as be able to make reservations as well as an array of other things while your here.

If you have any questions with clothing my advice would be to stop in at a trendy store i.e. Guess, Metropark, Lacoste, Kenneth Cole, Scoop NYC, Diezel, and ask an associate what is in for the crowd. Any one of the young sales associates will be able to get you up to date with the Las Vegas Club crowd.

For hosting contact:

VegasStatusVIP