Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha Fri 15th VS Crowbar Sat 15th

Hi,

I was in NY from the UK for both events and I must say had an amazing time. G&D are by far the best thing musically (trance) to come out of the states and they compete with us european DJs. The set kept me on the dance floor the whole time and the evening was one I will always remember.

On Saturday I headed to Crowbar, one again this was a great night but for me didn't live up to expectation. The music was good but lacked the variety of G&D. Crowbar is an awsome place and the girls were just amazing... We met so mant really nice Americans and it is great to see that you guys are at last enjoying some great music.

Just a few suprises though.....

I still have a bit of a laugh when you guys do the Run DMC style dancing in the middle of trance tunes. That is a circle form and people dance in the middle! It's also strange that in Crowbar at 6am most of the guys had their shirts off and looked like Marky Mark, that's something you never see in europe!

I took loads of pictures out and will be posting some on the photo section soon. NY is a great place and I look forward to going back next year, thanks to all the people I met (you know who you are) for making the weekend so great!!!

Lossy :getdown:

PS Pacha WINS

Just a few suprises though.....

It's also strange that in Crowbar at 6am most of the guys had their shirts off and looked like Marky Mark, that's something you never see in europe!

Its gross..who are these shirtless freaks.. I will never get why these guys do this..

Its gross..who are these shirtless freaks.. I will never get why these guys do this..

I'll give you some legitimate reasons (from my point of view, yes, I am one of them at certain times:funny: ).

1. To prevent from catching a cold when you leave the club(if the weather is bad outside or not)

2. To impress the females,who are interested(and whoever else is interested.:funny:)

3. To prevent that very expensive T-Shirt the person purchased from being drenched with sweat.

4. To feel comfortable in a very uncomfortable hot club

5. Last, to just sport the muscles....:funny:

ok its our fav englishman! so u were at crobar on sat night? around 5/6am the gay crowd came in, and shirts came off!!! lmao. some of these guys are hot so i didnt mind at all :) of course there are always the guidos who rip their shirts off too....in pacha the bouncers will walk around and tell u to PUT THAT SHIRT back on ;)

so anyways u liked pacha better? it's a totally different club/vibe, u can't really compare w/two different styles of music those nights too.... at pacha G & D versus sat night crobar victor calderone, which was heavier tribal , which i thought was a great set too btw (even though i was out of commission, pm me for details) ......people dance differently here i guess....but that wasn't trance. before victor came on, chus and ceballos played more upbeat house i dont think any trance if im not mistaken. i got there around 1am.

anyways glad u had a good time, i could have sworn i heard about 800000 british accents at crobar on sat too, i prob walked right past you!!!

ok its our fav englishman! so u were at crobar on sat night? around 5/6am the gay crowd came in, and shirts came off!!! lmao. some of these guys are hot so i didnt mind at all :) of course there are always the guidos who rip their shirts off too....in pacha the bouncers will walk around and tell u to PUT THAT SHIRT back on ;)

so anyways u liked pacha better? it's a totally different club/vibe, u can't really compare w/two different styles of music those nights too.... at pacha G & D versus sat night crobar victor calderone, which was heavier tribal , which i thought was a great set too btw (even though i was out of commission, pm me for details) ......people dance differently here i guess....but that wasn't trance. before victor came on, chus and ceballos played more upbeat house i dont think any trance if im not mistaken. i got there around 1am.

anyways glad u had a good time, i could have sworn i heard about 800000 british accents at crobar on sat too, i prob walked right past you!!!

Hey! Hey!

Thanks for the reply! Yes they were two totally different nights, I think I was expecting a bit more of a mashed up night at Crowbar. The bass was so thumping everything just sounded the same..... The reason why it might of sounded like their were lots of english their was because me and my friend were all over the club! We felt like the only English their and certainly didn't meet any others!

Clubbing in America is soooooo different to europe! I must of got asked if I had "any pills" 30 times at Pacha. I don't think i look like a dealer, but am beggining to wonder (maybe thats the english in me). Also talking to girls in america is easy, you are all so beautiful. I think that americans are happiest on their own soil, when I meet americans in europe they are different, or maybe New Yorkers are different?

Well I have been back in the UK 8hrs now after my flight and I already miss my favourite city.. Roll on 2007, and kisses go out to all the absolutely gorgeous girls of Crowbar (especially the girl that serves in the main room by the tunnel and danced on the bar at about 6.30am) she was a total babe!

Lossy :love:

aww. yep i heard english accents quite a few times....mostly in the smoking room at CROBAR (no w, lol)

lol i like ur recall of the nights....what is a typical club night like in london? ive never been there...

when u mentioned that girl dancing on the bar i got a flashback from when i was sitting in VIP just spaced out watching her....

yes the girls are usually friendly (depending on what part of NY u are in - if u came to Long island wouldn't have said the same thing!)......

anyways glad u had a good trip, now that we all know u pm us when u come back to NY.

aww. yep i heard english accents quite a few times....mostly in the smoking room at CROBAR (no w, lol)

lol i like ur recall of the nights....what is a typical club night like in london? ive never been there...

when u mentioned that girl dancing on the bar i got a flashback from when i was sitting in VIP just spaced out watching her....

yes the girls are usually friendly (depending on what part of NY u are in - if u came to Long island wouldn't have said the same thing!)......

anyways glad u had a good trip, now that we all know u pm us when u come back to NY.

Bella,

You are not so bad looking yourself........... :love:

I.e. You are a hottie!

Hi,

I still have a bit of a laugh when you guys do the Run DMC style dancing in the middle of trance tunes. That is a circle form and people dance in the middle! It's also strange that in Crowbar at 6am most of the guys had their shirts off and looked like Marky Mark, that's something you never see in europe!

Lossy :getdown:

PS Pacha WINS

lmfao the infamous circle jerk. I remember back in the days when the dj would stop playing and yell "i'm not here to see one person dance, i'm here to see everyone dance"

Hi,

It's also strange that in Crowbar at 6am most of the guys had their shirts off and looked like Marky Mark, that's something you never see in europe!

That's b/c Victor Calderone's EVOLVE party began @ 4 or 5...afterhours usually tends to be more gay here than earlier in the night, but that party is particularly widely known for being mostly gay...I have no complaints ;)

Also you really can't compare a trance party in NY to a house party in NY...there are some people that are into both but for the most part they draw very different crowds, at least from what I have seen. And trance sucks....hehe, j/k I personally don't like it but it's all good.