Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grand Opening of Joe Black's Nightclub, Hartford w/Mario Calegari

mattyfeets

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. the Grand opening is for their Nightclub space (1300 capacity) 90ft ceilings..two floors. Think more limelight. This place is enormous.

It used to be the Connecticut Trust Bank. The place is gorgeous.

The irish pub/restaurant wraps around the main nightclub room.

I've been there. Joe Black's is an Irish Pub/Restaurant with a nice banquet hall in the back that will be used for special functions. Is the banquet hall where this event is going to be? Or is there another room?

It doesn't have 90 ft. ceilings. Stretching the truth is one thing, but come on. That's nine stories!

jimmy -

to address both posts from you and your alter ego, Durgy, this room is in the major leagues. Lighting, sound (16 subs), and 2 DJ booths, about 40 foot ceilings, and 1200 capacity along with a VIP upstairs that also holds 100 more.....total of 1300. Call it a banquet hall, mess hall, nightclub...call it a sound cave i dont care, its beyond insane. ciao!

It's funny how we can talk forever about the ceiling height of what could potentially put Hartford on the map as far as clubbin goes. For fucks sakes it's 45 FEET!!! But who cares, if you've been up on a sky lift like I have at JB's ceiling height, it wouldn't matter. You'd be like Borat on a prostitute... All over!

By the way, movies coming out the same day as the Grand Opening, Friday Nov 3rd!!! Double the sexiness! hahah!

Don't even know who durgy is..

definitely don't have more then one screen name. Its just weird how irish bars have big club rooms.. Playwright in New haven is a bad ass room.. terrible sound and lights but they never tried with it.

good luck with it.. If the room holds 1300 people (which is hugeeeeeeeee) it needs to have 1300 people in it every night..

will house music fill a room that big without international talent every night ??

even with international talent will it fill it??

Big high ceilings need massive sound.. I am kind of wondering what they will do with 2 DJ Booths in the same room .

i'll definitely come check it out , in a few weeks..

ok.. I have no idea what 90 feet is.. 40 feet sounds more like it.

guys I don't make rounds at Home Depot twice a week as you do.

All I know is that this place is GIGANTIC and BEAUTIFUL. Anyone and everyone can take a tour of it. I walked in there last friday and the manager was cool enough to show me around. I was blown away on how massssive this place is!

If the same people are doing sound as the hilton it will be massive because the sound at the pete tha zouk party was hugeeeeeeee.

I'm just glad to see more new venues open up. personally I was getting sick of the same ol' stuff.

and that's the bottom line...to have choices to go to in the end. As I mentioned in the beginning, Hartford had that some years back...but one by one, they ran their course and closed up leaving the area with nothing. Now, it's back on the upswing again. It runs in cycles...plain and simple.

I'm dreaming of sorts, but if this place *could* do afterhours down the road...wow...welcome back to the days of System et Al...wouldn't that be something...

The cool thing is that there's more then 1 room, sooo, theoretically speaking they don't *have* to open it all up on certain nights...though I agree, attracting a big, respectful crowd to make it fairly full might be tough...especially with just "house" music, unless it's names, names, names...I'm sure some ideas are in place to try and make it viable.

Any place that opens up in the beginning like this will attract a crowd, if not for anything for curiosity's sake...but, we shall see...I'm *really* keeping my fingers crossed for this that it works out well. I do believe it could be supported.

Heck, a venue's capacity like this would have the draw/pull for a major name DJ too...lol...like Tiesto or something crazy like that...hahahahahhahahahaha. Hey, stranger things have happened.

lol. Thanks for mentionining borat! I cant get one scene out of my head. dammit! and now someone mentions sound cave. The dance floor in the middle of the street with cows and goats - House music blasting through the speakers! lol

anyone know if table service is available for this event?

lol. Thanks for mentionining borat! I cant get one scene out of my head. dammit! and now someone mentions sound cave. The dance floor in the middle of the street with cows and goats - House music blasting through the speakers! lol

anyone know if table service is available for this event?

:party: woohoo! We just booked Borat for a DJ set!!!

Joe Blacks Update...

The venue is scheduled to be finished tomorrow. So far as it stands, it has gone above and beyond expectations. It's an absolutely beautiful transformation from its prior bank status. Hands down, this venue can most certainly be one of the greatest locations in CT and beyond, rivaling most venues in major metros such as NYC and Boston. Its renaissance style melds well with it’s soon to be big room vibe. The venue combined with the sound, lighting and entertainment will finally put this City on the map. Friday Nov 3rd marks the beginning of a new renaissance for Hartford nightlife, and it’s obvious everyone will be curious. I guarantee you that when you step inside this venue, you will feel a warmed welcome and apart of something grand.

Soon home to be for many non and local DJ's.

soondjboothau1.th.jpg

Are you going to reschedule Peter Rauhofer?

Joe Blacks Update...

The venue is scheduled to be finished tomorrow. So far as it stands, it has gone above and beyond expectations. It's an absolutely beautiful transformation from its prior bank status. Hands down, this venue can most certainly be one of the greatest locations in CT and beyond, rivaling most venues in major metros such as NYC and Boston. Its renaissance style melds well with it’s soon to be big room vibe. The venue combined with the sound, lighting and entertainment will finally put this City on the map. Friday Nov 3rd marks the beginning of a new renaissance for Hartford nightlife, and it’s obvious everyone will be curious. I guarantee you that when you step inside this venue, you will feel a warmed welcome and apart of something grand.

Soon home to be for many non and local DJ's.

soondjboothau1.th.jpg