Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Like most thing to do with house music,STEREO was inspired by THE PARADISE GARAGE

To all my friends out in Musicland,

In the midst of all the excitement regarding the opening of Stereo, New York, I’ve been told about some negative statements coming from certain individuals, and I'd like to set a few things straight.

First of all, before there was any other "sound guy" or sound company at Stereo Montreal, there was Angel Moraes and the original stereo system for 4 years. It was my team and those 4 years that made Stereo what it is. With all due respect to the people that are there now, the fact is they would not be there if it wasn’t for me and my team. We created Stereo - the name, and its logo, and I am going to use it if that’s OK with all the negative people out there. I always do things on a positive and good vibe and quite frankly I cant believe how negative and malicious some people can be. Lighten up people!!!!!

Secondly, it is not NY emulating Montreal. Quite the contrary, Stereo was conceived in 1983 when I visited the Paradise Garage in NYC and said to myself "one day I want to build something like this". So bringing Stereo to New York is an attempt to bring back that wonderful vibe that used to exist in this city even before Montreal knew what underground afterhours were. YOU KNOW THE ONE! That beautiful vibe that made me fall in love with Montreal and decide to create Stereo there. Having Stereo in NY is an honor for me, and hopefully for you as well.

Honestly, I don’t understand the malice and the negative comments from some of you. This is a good thing for NY. This can be a great thing for the party people in both our cities. My intention is to bring people together.

I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful messages on myspace and the many people who support me positively, you truly inspire me and I hope to see you on the dance floor @ STEREO NEW YORK on November 18th 2006. As for those ‘certain individuals’ if you don’t want to participate, suit yourselves and stay home.

Finally, I want everyone to keep in mind that this place is for EVERYBODY. I’d like to personally invite you all and extend an invitation to Join Alan Sax and myself in celebrating the introduction of Stereo, New York on Saturday November 18th 2006.

With all the positive energy that we have I am sure we can change some minds.

Peace, Love and always MUSIC

Angel Moraes

I am very good friends with Angel and I am glad he opened his mouth. STEREO in Canada is because of ANGEL MORAES.....PERIOD! He built that sound system with his two hands and other people have stolen his credit. I remember walking up the stairs to Stereo for the first time and hearing that bass, it was something I will never forget. I just recently went back to Stereo to hear the sound system again, boy was I sad. I stood on the dancefloor for an hour in shock as to what had happened to it then, I walked out. The magic was gone, the magic Angel created and that other sound people destroyed. I hope with all the BS in NY Stereo will bring something we all need here, positive vibes and great house music.

STEREO NY BABY!!!

I'm growing tired of the Paradise Garage references given that I haven't f-ing been there ever! On the other hand, I've been to Stereo and it's a great club. Good luck to Stereo New York.

ooh please..you party the way you do BECAUSE there was the paradise garage!! did you get thru high school without a history book? did it really piss you off when they referenced george washington? lol

I am very good friends with Angel and I am glad he opened his mouth. STEREO in Canada is because of ANGEL MORAES.....PERIOD! He built that sound system with his two hands and other people have stolen his credit. I remember walking up the stairs to Stereo for the first time and hearing that bass, it was something I will never forget. I just recently went back to Stereo to hear the sound system again, boy was I sad. I stood on the dancefloor for an hour in shock as to what had happened to it then, I walked out. The magic was gone, the magic Angel created and that other sound people destroyed. I hope with all the BS in NY Stereo will bring something we all need here, positive vibes and great house music.

STEREO NY BABY!!!

Hey Jason have an Awesome Birthday Party Tomorrow Night @ Roxy!!