Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC's real best dj review

how do u know every victor fan?

no i know all the clowns running around sweating him for the past few yrs since hes been at crobar were no where to be found at the roxy 6 yrs ago. esp since the vast majority of that party was gay back then and has now been changing more and more. keep following the herd

As a hetero, I been listening to Victor Calderone since his Roxy Saturday night gay gigs in the 1990's. His music has evolved in a more electronic sound but is not as diverse with the music selection like he was back in the day, which I miss alot. The only time you actually can get a more diverse sound from him is when he plays on a New Year's gig or at one of those Black parties sponsored by Saint At Large, a gay circuit organization. He played at the Black party for SAL several times about 3 years ago(more or less) and he was giving you a larger variety of tribal and more. Even though the SAL does not have many heteros at the party(except myself, my lady and a few hundred others gay friendly heteros) it is at those parties when he acutally shows his true talent. As like last year's New Years gig at Crobar, which was great, I am sure if he plays this New Year's party at Crobar he will give you more of complete diverse set showing his true dj talent.

IMO

Keep it up Victor and mix it up a little more....!

no i know all the clowns running around sweating him for the past few yrs since hes been at crobar were no where to be found at the roxy 6 yrs ago. esp since the vast majority of that party was gay back then and has now been changing more and more. keep following the herd

there is no herd that im following., im a very independant person on the contrary. to say that becuz i happen to love a very popular dj doesnt mean im a certain type of person that doesn't have my own mind. i like who i like based on the music....ive gone to see djs in many genres and have many times gone by myself to check them out....in different cities too....i like local djs as well.....and i like a lot of different types of house music and rooms so its not right to stereotype me by putting me into a certain category.

victors music is sooo powerful and thats the truth my man is off the hook i have heard many different times this year at different venues and i have to say what he plays at crober is just pure insanity his mixing is so fierce and his track selection is bonkers but.................... nobody touches danny as far as programming is concerned tenaglia is victor's father when it comes to that danny takes you on a trip .

Victor @ Roxy in 98-99.... those were some of my happiest nights out, really wish someone/someplace/or just me could recapture that new exciting feeling...

His Black Party appearances were great, but the black party is about so much more than just the music (for better or worse... it just is the massive event that it is).

I really need to check out evolve soon.

Victor @ Roxy in 98-99.... those were some of my happiest nights out, really wish someone/someplace/or just me could recapture that new exciting feeling...

His Black Party appearances were great, but the black party is about so much more than just the music (for better or worse... it just is the massive event that it is).

I really need to check out evolve soon.

never happen in this day and age

other then the drama... i got there at 11am stayed till 3pm... i give the man props cuz everytime i hear him he neva disappoints.... i understand everyone has there own opinion but to me, he brings it.... one song he drops that i love to rock to is..... angel moraes - a deeper sensation....

other then the drama... i got there at 11am stayed till 3pm... i give the man props cuz everytime i hear him he neva disappoints.... i understand everyone has there own opinion but to me, he brings it.... one song he drops that i love to rock to is..... angel moraes - a deeper sensation....

Victor did'nt go on till like almost 5am this past Saturday, Superchumbo was still on at around that time.

Victor killed it though. i was there from 11-closing and my feet are still kind of hurting from all the dancing. Well worth it though.

i'm old skool VC fan.. saw him spin at the roxy and of course down in miami at the OLD liquid (best night ever was VC and James Anderson.. soo amazing).... and was at Crobar Miami Sunday's for Anthem party and of course EVERY fucking labor day he rocked it outtttttttttt :D

Its nice to see him getting all this reaction now.. but those who know, know... he's been my tribal king since the beginning.. e=vc2 is still one of my fav cd's of all time.

VC :heart:

Are you serious? Who wants to hear ALL new tracks? And how does that make a great DJ?

IMO, mastering all styles, including the classics really impresses me. Like DT does it. Victor is definetely a master of overlaying accas. Last time I saw him was at Stereo last year. Love hearing him there. What time did he end up playing untill today??

Atta boy tell them man. There are days where i say no new music today at all. Alot of these dj's dont play for the crowd, they play for themselves because they can't take you on a journey until they are satisfied first. So sometimes they wanna hear classics for 3 hrs straight thats not becuase they dont have new music its casue they play from the heart.

respect to vic & all his fans- the crobar staff says that party is its #1 banger in 2006.

since this says best nyc djs just wanted to mention a few that i respect a lot; junior vasquez, danny tenaglia, david morales, roger sanchez & harry choo choo romero

What are yu trying to say???? Anyone who wasnt listenin to Victor 6 years ago at Roxy is a clown???? I was 17 dude. Im sure some was younger. Im a clown for going to Victors parties now. WTF????

Wakeup, I just dont get it. Everyone here seems to agree VC is an excellent DJ. Then your old ass comes in, and goes. "Where were you 6 years ago at Roxy. Who gives a shit dude. Point is they heard VC, liked VC, had fun at the party, and want to continue to do so. His crowd really does love the music, and goes nuts at every BOMB he drops. You got to admit he really is a good DJ. Not like some of the clowns, There are some clowns man. But those clowns really dont take the time to post on CP.

What exactly were you trying to get out of by saying this???