Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Studio 9 and the bullshit they have tried to pull.

I had started a relationship with them a long time ago trying to help them get things together with the sound and crap like that and all they did at the end was slap me in the face so to be honest this is my slap right back at em.

The owners of Studio 9 were booking talent, promoting the talent and at the last minute canceling the show in order to save themselves money but still get the promotion out of it. They did it with me and I know they tried it with Amuka as well. They called me the afternoon of my gig giving me some BS story about how the check was in the mail for half of my fee and crap like that, the check never showed and they never returned any of my phone calls. I hate shady people and what ever I can do to hurt them at this point I will. If you want to go to a real party with real music go to DEKO LOUNGE OR 118 with my boy Carlos. Screw Studio 9 and their bullshit of fucking over DJ's and talent. If this letter makes 50 people not go then I will have done my part, they will feel the effects of doing the wrong thing.

sorry to hear of your frustration.. I know they have been having some tough times, but i wouldnt put 100% of blame on just the owners. Im sure there are alot of other things involved. They've had some hard hits from woodbridge township lately but hopefully by xmas, the place will be sold to one of the interested parties looking at it.

sorry to hear of your frustration.. I know they have been having some tough times, but i wouldnt put 100% of blame on just the owners. Im sure there are alot of other things involved. They've had some hard hits from woodbridge township lately but hopefully by xmas, the place will be sold to one of the interested parties looking at it.

why are you defending them? Let candgirllover or 1 of the other studio 9 groupies defend Studio 9

and who else is there to blame???

I personally call it "Hoodbridge" but that has nothing to do with the club. I actually have a good time every time i've gone.. It's big, lots of room to move around, you dont feel like a canned sardine, little to no druggies and best of all the girls bathroom is HUGE!!! :) which means little wait time!!

I was not going to comment on the DENNY comment but I just had to. Denny and I are best of friends and have been for years so let me put that to rest right away. I am always happy for people when they are doing well, the last thing I am is a hater.

As far as hearing Studio 9's story....they have had about 10 chances to return my call and have chosen not to. If they do respond it is purly for damage control.

Everyone have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
Studio 9 owes Ojeda- BIG TIME. When they opened, Masi and Mello couldn't get ANYTHING going. The first good weekend there was when Ojeda spun.

Funny thing is when studio 9 just opened, friday nights were Masi & Mello's resident spot. The format was supposed to be underground house music, when they went to play that style of music the owner "Tony" would say don't play this music, play straight up commercial bullshit that of course they weren't going to play. Due to the ignorance of the owner who opened studio 9and doesn't know jack shit about music or running a club he screwed him self out of two great dj's. Im sure jason did a great job but that is why masi and mello left after two weeks, because they weren't going to sell themselves out for some bullshit club. So get your facts straight, Masi & Mello are top music producers with a large fan base, and with music selling world-wide, if they were left to do what they wanted to and had some cooperation from the owners, studio 9 would be a different place today

hate to say it a lot of clubs are shady. doing a guest spot for a DJ who has a name and following usually gets paid in advance for just the sort of situation. I know of some DJs who have to get thier payment 5 or more business days in advance to the night of the party. this way they can get paid and have the check clear before they get screwed and spin for free or get cancelled. Also shouldnt it be in the contract that if the event is cancelled for any reason within like 72 hours of the party. than you can collect your money or easily go to court to collect the money.

Jason how was crobar thanksgiving eve with vic and denny. Jason you heard Avalon was shut down wendsay through this weekend. I used to go there when you and riz used to spin there friday night. Nyc clubscene is changing for the worst and i see jersey is too. im glad jersey Dj spining in NYc its about time. I saw richie santana off the hooked at crobar. Jersey has some top dj why cant jersey have top clubs and why jersey gov want to shut down nightclubs are try to closed the clubs by 2am or earlier?

You know last year I went to see Kim Sozzi perform there and it was raining badly. SHe never showed and I posted up about it. Then she says she couldn't do the commute due to the weather and performed at a later time...I thought that was messed up, but at least they rescheduled her. That is messed up what they have been doing. It hurts us too b/c we have to pay like triple the amount for nothing....

• 2 weeks later...
its in woodbridge...the only thing in woodbridge is middle eastern people and their smell...what did you expect???

Take it easy racist. Do you want us to call the same attorneys who are planning to sue Michael Richards at the Laugh Factory?