Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GLBT clubs?

It all depends on what type of GLBT clubs you're looking for. I'm not sure about the meathead factor but if you're looking for your non-typical Chelsea crowd I'd definitely check out Larry Tee's Bank @ Element on Saturday. It's a mixed bag of Chelsea boys with the regular NYC clubbers (and Larry's music is def. the best in town). There's always Mr. Black that's going on just about every night and is really good for an after-hours. Happy Valley (Tues) and Distortion Disko (Thurs - Larry's other night) just closed but they should be back open in about 3 weeks. Valley was named by Out Mag about 3 months ago as the best night in the country. Hiro on Sunday is pretty packed too. If you're looking for more cruisy bars try Formika's party @ the Boysroom or on Monday's go to the Cock to hear JonJon.

One thing - if you can find out where Amanda Lepore is I can assure you whatever party she's at is going to be a fun party....

Hope that helps.

It all depends on what type of GLBT clubs you're looking for. I'm not sure about the meathead factor but if you're looking for your non-typical Chelsea crowd I'd definitely check out Larry Tee's Bank @ Element on Saturday. It's a mixed bag of Chelsea boys with the regular NYC clubbers (and Larry's music is def. the best in town). There's always Mr. Black that's going on just about every night and is really good for an after-hours. Happy Valley (Tues) and Distortion Disko (Thurs - Larry's other night) just closed but they should be back open in about 3 weeks. Valley was named by Out Mag about 3 months ago as the best night in the country. Hiro on Sunday is pretty packed too. If you're looking for more cruisy bars try Formika's party @ the Boysroom or on Monday's go to the Cock to hear JonJon.

One thing - if you can find out where Amanda Lepore is I can assure you whatever party she's at is going to be a fun party....

Hope that helps.

thanks im gonna check them

Not to be picky but there are very few "GLBT" clubs in nyc. For some reason gays and lesbians and trannies tend to segregate here (for bisexuals go to a JP party). Krash is probably the best mix (mostly gay but some of each of the others). I guess Escualita used to be like that some nights too.

Regardless of what people think John Blair throws the best parties,why else would he have lasted this long,he gets the best DJs...Peter Rauhofer,Offer Nissim,Manny Lehman,Chad Jack...so on and so forth,Ive been to Krash,that scene sucked though the main room is nicely designed.Ive gone to his parties every weekend,and they dont get lame after 15 minutes like krash and those gay college parties...all that damn tired and tacky pop/hip hop,when I hit the clubs its all about house music.

Regardless of what people think John Blair throws the best parties,why else would he have lasted this long,he gets the best DJs...Peter Rauhofer,Offer Nissim,Manny Lehman,Chad Jack...so on and so forth,Ive been to Krash,that scene sucked though the main room is nicely designed.Ive gone to his parties every weekend,and they dont get lame after 15 minutes like krash and those gay college parties...all that damn tired and tacky pop/hip hop,when I hit the clubs its all about house music.

ahhh i like krash, i mean i can get bored watching guys make out and grind w each other but once and awhile u run into a bisexual guy lmao. but its usually a good time...

someone mentioned Splash - total vagina markup - free for guys, $40 for girls at the door. in the summer i was only looking for a friend inside, the bouncers were giving me a hard time at the door too.

peter rauhofer <3 <3 <3

John Blair can and has thrown good parties; unfortunately none are up and running right now. Honestly, unless Peter is spinning, Roxy Saturdays is a pale shadow of what it used to be--its changed lots since the Calderone/Andersen/Knapp days or even the early Rauhofer days. imo of course.

I Received this today

THE PETER RAUHOFER "I LOVE MIAMI" CD RELEASE PARTY @ ROXY ON SATURDAY 11.18.06 IS CANCELLED!

ROXY WILL NOT BE OPEN.

THE PARTY WILL BE POSTPHONED TO A NEW LOCATION AT A DIFFERENT DATE.

MORE DETAILS IN THE NEXT DAYS

yeah that blows...hopefully somewhere else soon,...

It is a gay friendly night,I have gone to happy valley once for Jblair's sunday night halloween bash...but I thought of it as one of the cheapest looking places Ive ever gone to.It was to small and the sound system was so weak.I prefered Roxy and Spirit,but of course they were shut down...and now Im hearing rumors about crobar...looks like all of the nice roomy places are getting hit with anti-nightlife legislation first.

have u ever been to happy valley on a tues? i heard that was a gay friendly night...or am i mistaken?

Valley is closed. Susanne's party is happening @ Guest Room starting on the 28th. As for "gay friendly" - it's more like "straight friendly"- gay people make the party (period) and a lot of str8's get into it.

As for NYC having no gay clubs - as compared to where? Ohio maybe??? Give me a break - NYC is a GAY town, much less one filled with bars and clubs gays can go to. It's funny - I might get a lame shot from someone saying some BS back to me on this board but notice they're NOT from NYC yet posting shite like that in the NYC section.

In re: Krash - never been, never even heard of it. I have a feeling if it's either that having to go to JP then it means you might as well go to Splash seeing you're totally missing what is the underground gay culture of NYC. If you're looking for what makes the NY scene "NYC" then check out any party hosted by Amanda Lepore, Sophia Lamar, Kenny Kenny, Moondust or Rainblo or simply go to http://www.myspace.com/cjmikey - those people are featured endlessly and the parties included are Valley, Distortion Disko, Bank, Cain, Mr. Black, Boy's Room, Hiro, The Cock and others...

Save the drama please! we have enuff drama queens in this community as it is.If gays make the party then why dont these places such as Crobar and Pacha have gay nights?either way compared to the old night life in this city...current nightlife here is dull and boring.

how is this drama? maybe if you had a clue to what you were talking about then you might be able to call it something factual. valley is ONE party & your basing straight bars not having gay nights as proof of your statement??? GET REAL. not all parties are the same yet your "not as the good ol' days" is the same piece of shite excuse people use when they realize that it's them, and not the party, that so f*ckin lame. maybe Krash or JP isn't as good as the "old days" but get a new line and a new way of thinking before making statements trying to blanket the whole city when you probably haven't even been outside the realm of JP....

It is a gay friendly night,I have gone to happy valley once for Jblair's sunday night halloween bash...but I thought of it as one of the cheapest looking places Ive ever gone to.It was to small and the sound system was so weak.I prefered Roxy and Spirit,but of course they were shut down...and now Im hearing rumors about crobar...looks like all of the nice roomy places are getting hit with anti-nightlife legislation first.

ur a total dumbass... hello - you didn't even go on the right night. TUESDAY night with SUSANNE BARTSCH is the GAY valley party - her halloween party was at Avalon. before you start talking shite about certain club nights make sure you have a clue to what the hell you're saying before you start telling people other clubs are better. lemme guess - you probably live in NJ???