Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sympathy

I need some sympathy right about now. What happens when your significant other is getting out of the club scene all together and you totally don't want to. I have plenty of other friends that I can go with but it's just not the same. The first night we started seeing each other was at a club in February. Ever since we have always gone together and had a great time (I more than him I'm sure because I roll and he doesn't). Anyway, I got a much later start than he did and I guess it's run it's course for him. Not to mention he has applied for a job where they investigate your activities VERY thoroughly. Don't get me wrong, we still have a great time but...I miss the clubs, especially in the fall when things will pick up.

I know there's no solution you can give me, I just needed to whine a bit. frown.gif

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 08-07-2000).]

cathyo,

I kinda understand where you're coming from. My bf and I met last November in a club and he has been partying a lot LOT longer than I have and I do sense that he's slowing down BIG time. I feel that even though I have slowed a lil' bit . . . I still want to go out and party . . . more than him sometimes. However, I end up not doing that cause I tried going out without him once and it was just too miserable.

I do sympathize.

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Sweetie I know what you mean. My bf is basically in the sam boat as yours. He had the opportunity of starting the club scene back when he was about 15years old. I dont mean the lame little teeny boppers places either. He had ways of getting straight into the Hot City Spots. Now he is 22 and Im 20, soon to be 21. Yet I didnt start the scene until a few years ago. I LOVE IT! And I sure cant imagine my life without. Yet, he doesnt want to do it anymore. At least not every weekend and in the middle of the week like I do. All I can say is as long as he comes with me every once in a while Im fine with the decision he has made.Its not for me but I still have my girlfriends to go out and hang with. The only problem is, clubbing and partying are the only things I really like to do so that makes time for me and my honey just cuddle times. Yet we're making it through. Just go hang with your friends and make the best of it. Most likely, he'll want to get back into it sooner or later because he'll start to miss but you'll just have to sit and wait that out. Good luck hon. And SMILE! wink.gif

give him time, he may come around again. plus in reality. most people go to clubs to meet people, and get fucked up because thier life sucks. you have something in your life that can fill the gap that most people use clubs to fill. and at the same time it is ok to go out with your friends every once and a while. it is ok for you and your bf to be different and want to do different things sometimes.

-glynis

------------------

Go Here For Your Complementary fuck in the face.
/>http://www.filmexperts.com/jay/f_face2/

i think all couples that enjoy going clubbing together all face this dilemma at some point.

well, i don't know how long you have been dating him or how important he is to you. i have to agree with blueangel, i tried going out without my honey and it just doesn't feel the same. anyway,

i guess maybe you guys can come to a compromise. if you're willing to downgrade your clubbing time, and he's willing to upgrade, then why don't you decide on some sort of schedule, and in return, you can give him time to just chill with you and do non-clubbing things.

good luck with it, and relationships are about sacrifices. so just weigh out what's more important to you. as much as i love clubbing, my hunie is definitely more important to me. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

See, I have a totally different problem. My bf is almost 24 and I'm only 18. So he experienced the whole club scene back in the day since he was 16, going to the tunnel and limelight, etc, when they hate skate ramps and shit. We went to the tunnel together about a year ago and that is the only time we have ever gone clubbing together. I go every weekend and ask him to come, but he never wants to. I always want him to come, but I can't really imagine what it would be like with him either. Just speaking my mind.

Ja9

------------------

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake"

Thank you to everyone for the advice and suggestions. I agree with what many of you said about being happy that I have someone and that it's a matter of weighing what's important. Hands down he wins. I wouldn't give him up if someone could guarantee incredible club trips every week for the rest of my life. But...I really miss it...I had really just gotten into it.

I've been thinking about planning to go with some other friends but I know it wouldn't be the same. We've gone together everytime since we met.

One more thing, when I say he's out of it I mean he is totally out of it. He talks like he doesn't care if he ever goes back!! It's really strange. The past few times I had to practically drag him there but he was always the last one to want to leave. We'd all be off our roll and he's still out there dancing at noon (and he doesn't even do anything!)

I think he stresses about it too much and gives himself panic attacks before we go. He's afraid of it ruining the job he's going for and he's afraid for me. Guess that's a good thing smile.gif