Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A word on glowsticks

Why be so critical of one another? I'm just happy to see a room full of people having fun. We are judged so much every day that few of us have the courage to be who we really are -- I thought the scene was a place to openly be ourselves.

I don't give a damn how you dance or with what you dance. Just move! I've seen plenty of people who can't catch a beat to save their lives (my best friend included). But you can tell by the look on their faces that at that moment, dancing, they are so truly happy.

Originally posted by newsense:

GLOWSTICKS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN'T DANCE ...

PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Dumb comment - plain & simple

Many of the best dancers also have

dope liquiding skills (my girl for one)

and how come moving your feet is dancing but moving your feet and glowsticking at the same time is not???!?? Its actually a bit harder.

One thing I wouldn't mind is more people doing it without the sticks - that can be even more interesting (& seems to take more skills)

FYI_ I SUCK AT GLOWSTICKING AND I'm NOT REALLY GOOD AT DANCING EITHER - I hope nobody is offended by me having a good time at the club- If so- that's their problem (I'm the one smiling - they're the ones with a frown)

glowsticks are fine as long as you know waht your doing

its the people who are retarted with them that piss me off

i personally suck with glowsticks but love watching somebody goog with them cause it helps bring me into another zone when i am rollin

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

I love to watch someone when they are good wih glowsticks. Especially when Im messed up. I also love to watch strings but I think there is a time and a place for that. If there is no room to dance on the floor.. how r u gonna go and swing them things, when u know your gonna hit someone? I never been hit wit one but I don't think I would be a happy camper!

Originally posted by ViciousSpinner:

Glowsticks are a mater of expression. Some people take it more serious than others. Some people like to just have a good time with them. If u can't respect other peoples, especially in NYC, then u have no right to be clubbing in NYC. Just my $0.02...

VS

eek.gif VS? Are you taking anger management classes?? eek.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

How can u not like glosticks when you see how happy they make so many peeps?

I don't use 'em, but I def dig watching the peeps who do! and I don't even get high...

The dancefloor is a dangerous place with or without the glostickers; heads up everybody!

All for fun and fun for all!

Melissa

------------------

Peace be the journey

Originally posted by ViciousSpinner:

Glowsticks are a mater of expression. Some people take it more serious than others. Some people like to just have a good time with them. If u can't respect other peoples, especially in NYC, then u have no right to be clubbing in NYC. Just my $0.02...

VS

Yo, what ^ bro, somehow I knew you'd respond to this thread, good to see you over the weekend, I wish I could've went out with you guys on Sunday. Next time.

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

Guest blckraven

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!

replying to someone

normally I would not even bother to comment on this board. I know this much glowstix just put an accent on your dance moves. when done properly they can be fun and a cool way to express yourself. I would never make fun of someone trying to dance. I remember the first time I picked up a pair and some young raver thought me how to do a figure 8 pattern. I was so happy.

I know this much I have been dancing for years and anything you can add to put an accent on your moves is a cool thing.

If you dont like glowstix, leave the area where they are dancing. I don't mean to brag I can recall a nice bunch of people on the floor gathering around myself and my dancing partners on the last PVD night. We went nuts!

Not for fame nor popularity my friend Star ( small bad ass dancing litle asian god ) Organized a raving contest. just to get people to come out and dance. was a blast.

I have yet to hear people complain when we dance.

let people have fun, with glowstix or not ..

Plur !!

I personally have no issues with glowsticks, but the rest of the world (away from the US), where the 'scene' is (relatively) bigger and more pervasive, view glowsticks as the tools for kiddie ravers or commercial clubbers......

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

well.. ive been hooked on my strings for about 8 months now... and i try my best not to hit anyone and spin very early or very late..... i didnt think that many of u guys didnt like em.. i think jus what every one else thinks.. its jus another form of expression to music...shit i dance too.. but sometimes when ur trippin balls .. u jus flow sooo smooth to sticks..... give it a channce,,,

juju,

------------------

sex ,drugs & insanity isnt for every one.. but its always worked for me!

......in any case drunken idiots with drinks and/or cigarettes are a lot worse.....when Gatecrasher were here I had one oaf dancing above me hit me in the head not once, not twice, but 8 times! frown.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Originally posted by blckraven:

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!

replying to someone

normally I would not even bother to comment on this board. I know this much glowstix just put an accent on your dance moves. when done properly they can be fun and a cool way to express yourself. I would never make fun of someone trying to dance. I remember the first time I picked up a pair and some young raver thought me how to do a figure 8 pattern. I was so happy.

I know this much I have been dancing for years and anything you can add to put an accent on your moves is a cool thing.

If you dont like glowstix, leave the area where they are dancing. I don't mean to brag I can recall a nice bunch of people on the floor gathering around myself and my dancing partners on the last PVD night. We went nuts!

Not for fame nor popularity my friend Star ( small bad ass dancing litle asian god ) Organized a raving contest. just to get people to come out and dance. was a blast.

I have yet to hear people complain when we dance.

let people have fun, with glowstix or not ..

Plur !!

BlckRaven, I AGREE, Star is one bad ass dancing/glowsticking asian dude. I was there at PVD night and the gathering of the crowd to watch you guys..That was some dope show you guys put on!

Does Star post to this Message board?

Tranza... nah I quit my classes. I just wanted to see if there could be a normal discussion on the board especially about something like glowsticks without people ripping their heads off. Believe me I hate those corney lil spinners that hit everyone & everything just as much as the next person, all I want is for people to agnologe (sp?) people with skills. Hope to see u soon, when u coming back to SF?

VS

I agree with crazypat...LET IT END! It was cool 10 years ago, but like other trends, once it spreads to the teeny-boppers (not to mention Six Flags), it needs to go where all bad trends go to die: elementary school!

------------------

"I live not in dreams, but in contemplation of a reality that is perhaps the future"- Rilke

I agree with crazypat...LET IT END! It was cool 10 years ago, but like other trends, once it spreads to the teeny-boppers (not to mention Six Flags), it needs to go where all bad trends go to die: elementary school!

------------------

"I live not in dreams, but in contemplation of a reality that is perhaps the future"- Rilke