Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So i hear exit is getting a makeover and will be Space by the fall of 2007

I dont want to sound like a smart ass or a pessamist but you can change the club but not the clubbers.

The US has some of the best clubbers in the world, so did NYC up until 5 years ago. Since then drug use has tipped the scale and the true music lovers are getting pushed to the side while the velvet rope is being opened for the people with lots of green and little understanding of the scene and our culture. Things need to go undreground again and built from within.

That venue is fucked. It will never be a great venue, no matter who takes it over. It's far too large and with so much competition in NYC, no one will be able to bring a large enough crowd to fill it weekly. The era of big clubs in NYC is over with Crobar being an exception to the rule.

Space nightclub if you ever been there or saw pictures it looks a little like Exit. Having Space in NY make sense. They number one nightclub in Miami especially for afterhours.There resident Dj had gigs in Nyc already. Its should be great for nyc. Limelight i heard is going to be shut down early next year and any info on Spirit nightclub?. I see the bulding is getting a make over.

EVERYBODY NEEDS A LITTLE SPACE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday December 23 2006

Space Presents

Toys For Tots Toy Drive

starring

DJ OSCAR G

12 HOUR MARATHON SET

(Main Room)

Doors open at 10 PM

VIP Tables 786 357 6456

Discount tickets at www.clubspace.com

Bring an unwrapped toy and receive

free admission and open bar until 1 am

Space Terrace Presents

Afterhours with CEDRIC GERVAIS

QBA and guest Patrick M

Space Loft and Terrace

hip hop . rnb . old school . rock . house

10 pm to 5 am

DJ Radamas . Ariel G . Cardi

NEW YEARS AT SPACE

INFO AND TICKETS AT WWW.CLUBSPACE.COM

Space Miami

34 NE 11 Street

Miami Fl 33132

305 372 9378 office

305 375 0001 info

Club Space - 34 NE 11 ST., MIAMI FL, 33132, United States

Id be fucken amped if they did. As for they wouldnt do well? I dunno. I honestly feel if pacha bought exit, they`d be doing fine. Now you gotta conisder curse. Placed originally burned down right. Couple other bad things happened there. The setup is sick. THe club is sick. This may be rumor. Look at the miami scene though, old NYC clubs opening down there(twilo, SF). Why not space in new york. LOok at pacha, as said. Scenes been weak for 5 years, getting a little commercial nowadays. Nonetheless, place makes $, and thats what its about. No longer the music, just the money. Boris needs a new home anyway right, he can go back to his old shop. Some of the best parties I ever went to were at exit. PVD, tiesto, spinning real sets for 6+ hours. That was serious, draper fridays were some of the most amped parties back then. Remember when people dressed up when they went out, that was nice. Little bit scattered but my thoughts on the situation.

keough

Heard from a good friend of mine about this and just wanted to know if there was anymore info on this?

Z

Yea made over into the Copa from what i hear, since the Copa will be closing down and relocating & moving back uptown. The 34th st location is being torndown (eminent Domain) because of the expansion for the Javits with the new # 7 subway line and bus station over there

Yea made over into the Copa from what i hear, since the Copa will be closing down and relocating & moving back uptown. The 34th st location is being torndown (eminent Domain) because of the expansion for the Javits with the new # 7 subway line and bus station over there

hmm i think the exit space is a little to big for a copa. not saying its not true but who knows what rumors will be true, will have to wait and see.

Z

Copa shutting down and relocating, Avalon/Limelight tuning into mall or h&m,I think Speed nightclub is shut down, Show nightclub is getting renovated . I drove past Spirit nightclub the space is being renovated Hmm and Exit too.Can NYc nightlife return to how it was back in the days Early 1990.NYC nightlifescene was about the music and Dj not expensive bottle service?

It can never go back, only forward. Something new has to replace the carcass of the old. From what I've found and seen a vibrant music-oriented nightlife is out there, but you have to dig for it.

small and medium-rooms is where its at now!

I dont want to sound like a smart ass or a pessamist but you can change the club but not the clubbers.

The US has some of the best clubbers in the world, so did NYC up until 5 years ago. Since then drug use has tipped the scale and the true music lovers are getting pushed to the side while the velvet rope is being opened for the people with lots of green and little understanding of the scene and our culture. Things need to go undreground again and built from within.

i agree

By the way - Whatever Happened to STEREO NY ? I read rave reviews about the opening. I went a few days later for Junrio's horrendous part there, and since then, never heard anything about it. What has been happening over there ?

Its still around on the 30th TKC, and ansome other djs are playing and on new yrs eve /day angel moraes is palying.

Id be fucken amped if they did. As for they wouldnt do well? I dunno. I honestly feel if pacha bought exit, they`d be doing fine. Now you gotta conisder curse. Placed originally burned down right. Couple other bad things happened there. The setup is sick. THe club is sick. This may be rumor. Look at the miami scene though, old NYC clubs opening down there(twilo, SF). Why not space in new york. LOok at pacha, as said. Scenes been weak for 5 years, getting a little commercial nowadays. Nonetheless, place makes $, and thats what its about. No longer the music, just the money. Boris needs a new home anyway right, he can go back to his old shop. Some of the best parties I ever went to were at exit. PVD, tiesto, spinning real sets for 6+ hours. That was serious, draper fridays were some of the most amped parties back then. Remember when people dressed up when they went out, that was nice. Little bit scattered but my thoughts on the situation.

keough

Exit fridays was the shit..... nyc will never see those days again. NEVER!!