Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spundae leaving circus!!!!!!!!

weyes

spundae is leaving circus!!!!!!!!!!

my favorite night will be dead as of this saturday :cry: . i guess it was just a matter of time, what with having to compete with both avalon (avaland) and vanguard, but i really loved circus and spundae had the best vibe anywhere. circus has the best patio in l.a. i heard now that spundae's gonna join up with avalon; how the hell is that gonna work out? i don't know what's gonna happen with the crowd over there. i'm all mixed up :( .

it's true, spundae wasn't really getting good djs anymore. but it's the end of an era. the future is uncertain, and i'm not a fan of that sort of thing.

and what's to become of cole :worry::confused: ???

I am also sad because my clubbing nights are coming to an end... no i'm not pregnant... it's just Avalon and I don't get along very well.. I always get hassled by the staff... I'm never doing wrong (only devilish things) and the staff seems to always want to kick me out or think i'm a dealer..

Oh well...

Spundae was fun.. I love Circus Disco though.. you're so close to the dj...

Vanguard is fun.. but I yet have had an incredible or memorable night there yet. Well I guess I will wait and see

Best news I've heard in ages. Circus Disco is nowhere near the quality of venue that Avalon is, and Spundae will be better off at Avalon. It's too bad they can't bring Cole with them though.
avalon sucks ginormous donkey dick.
I am also sad because my clubbing nights are coming to an end... no i'm not pregnant... it's just Avalon and I don't get along very well.. I always get hassled by the staff... I'm never doing wrong (only devilish things)...

Spundae was fun.. I love Circus Disco though.. you're so close to the dj...

Vanguard is fun.. but I yet have had an incredible or memorable night there yet. Well I guess I will wait and see

i know too many people who are saying that their clubbing days are coming to an end but adding an "unfortunately" or something like that. you never have to stop dancing if you don't want to; don't let anyone else or anything tell you that you no longer belong on a dancefloor :nono: .

and i knew all that butt-slapping would get you in trouble someday ;) ...

and you're so right about circus' intimacy w/ the dj; it's so nice to share smiles and vibes with the person who's creating the night with you. it really is a group effort: these nights. we and the dj make something, and at spundae there really was a strong feeling in the air.

butt slapping did get me in trouble ... and boy do i miss it...

I lost a bunch of my donkey booty so now it's like slapping at air...

but then again... i'm trying to fix that by drinking beer.. cheers..

i will miss spundae at circus.. it is my home away from home (chicago)

SPUNDAE may be leaving CIRCUS but the EDM nights will continue at CIRCUS minus the Spundae logos.

Spundae isn't going to be better off at Avalon just like they weren't any better when they left the first time to the Henry Fonda. I'm already hearing things that Avalon is requesting of SPUNDAE and isn't NOT sounding good.

Avalon has NOTHING on CIRCUS and by that I mean everything that makes CIRCUS the cool venue it is. There are too many people to count that are sadden by the move and I don't think they will even go to Avalon as often if any as they did to SPUNDAE@CIRCUS.

Cracks me up when someone (I'm too good) that probably went to Circus a couple of times OK maybe a few like a handful and probably hasn't been back in over 2 yrs is always talking shit about the venue.

CIRCUS is a place where anyone can come as they are, be themselves, and have a totally fun time. If they can't do any of those, then they should stay home.

Anyway... stayed tuned for more to come!

SPUNDAE may be leaving CIRCUS but the EDM nights will continue at CIRCUS minus the Spundae logos.

Spundae isn't going to be better off at Avalon just like they weren't any better when they left the first time to the Henry Fonda. I'm already hearing things that Avalon is requesting of SPUNDAE and isn't NOT sounding good.

Avalon has NOTHING on CIRCUS and by that I mean everything that makes CIRCUS the cool venue it is. There are too many people to count that are sadden by the move and I don't think they will even go to Avalon as often if any as they did to SPUNDAE@CIRCUS.

Cracks me up when someone (I'm too good) that probably went to Circus a couple of times OK maybe a few like a handful and probably hasn't been back in over 2 yrs is always talking shit about the venue.

CIRCUS is a place where anyone can come as they are, be themselves, and have a totally fun time. If they can't do any of those, then they should stay home.

Anyway... stayed tuned for more to come!

do you know what direction the music will take? is there house in circus' future to compete with the trancier stuff that vanguard and avalon have on saturdays?

Weyes - this news has been out since last year...but i guess it took a while to make it over here :)

as you noted, Spundae is not leaving LA - they are moving to Avalon to co-promote Sat nites with Liquified and Avalon in-house promotions.

if you notice that after Giant left Avalon, other than Erick Morillo and Carl Cox, Avalon has has not had any high-profile DJs....and Cox was booked by Giant before they left. they actually had the entire balcony sealed off last week at Avalon so obviously their #s are down a lot with the best talent playing a 1/2 mile east. Bringing in Spundae helps them in returning bigger names to the venue.

...if you notice that after Giant left Avalon, other than Erick Morillo and Carl Cox, Avalon has has not had any high-profile DJs....and Cox was booked by Giant before they left. they actually had the entire balcony sealed off last week at Avalon so obviously their #s are down a lot with the best talent playing a 1/2 mile east. Bringing in Spundae helps them in returning bigger names to the venue.
i'm not the best at remembering who's played at avalon, seeing as i avoid that place like the plague, but, just a couple of weeks ago, for example, sandra collins was there. i would've seen her at spundae.

spundae's name moving to avalon doesn't get me through those doors till i'm promised that the clientele there has changed dramatically.

I also am sad to see us traveling farther away from "circus", it is a great venue, it has lots of space, more than one room for different kinds of music, and of course the best patio on the scene. I think that these people should join forces and invest in circus as opposed to avalon (a.k.a "The Palace", just thought I'd throw that one it for the old school :) )

Giant has a loyalty amongst our culture, so of course most, myself included, will follow wherever they go. But I have always looked to Liquified for quality events as well. I dont know, I keep trying to find the vibe and crowd I fell in love with, and have been in love with for the last 7 years. These organizations going head to head will definitely make for great entertainment at the very least. :beer:

THIS SATURDAY, FEB. 3rd...

STOMPING GROUND PRODUCTIONS INVADES CIRCUS!!!

HOUSE MUSIC FOR YOUR BODY AND SOUL

... with VIP AND FREE ADMISSION

Any B-days and Big Group Parties, please email: richsgp@aol.com with the subject titled : SAT EVENT CIRCUS

Thank you and hope to see you all there...

773572114l.jpg

Come by CIRCUS this Saturday and pick up your FREE VIP CARD = FREE admission for the month of FEB!!!

DISCO CIRCUS

6655 Santa Monica Blvd, Hollywood

Behind "Arena" in the heart of Hollywood

*4O.OOO sqft. of indoor clubbing

*LA's largest outdoor patio w/Mexican grill

*21 and over clubbing :: 9:OOpm till 4:OOam

*FREE ADMISSION

*Valet and self-parking at club entrance