Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Defected Pulls out of WMC

Bling

Defected - reasons for no party

Reasons why we ain't going to do a party:

1. There way are too many parties.

2. There are fewer and fewer punters that actually know their shit.

3. It takes 3 hours to get through immigration.

4 It takes 3 hours for a cab to go 4 blocks up Collins Ave. The traffic is appalling

5. The sound systems are appalling and the attitude of the clubs is even worse.

6. The City of Miami does not actually want the event to happen. closing down parties for NOISE, parking your car outside a club, over crowding, people having a good time, some bloke picking their nose in public.

I am sure that it is going to happen, well something will be going on.... but as to if it is has been actually a 'happening' event over the last few yeras is something that has been discussed for a while now.

It used to be about networking, promoting your shit around the Fontainbleau. The moment they moved away from the poolside focal point the event gradually lost more and more focus.

It takes ages to plan an event like this and costs are considerable. If it was your time and money.....would you bother????

Saleen response -LMAOOOOOOOOO

found here http://forum.defected.com/viewtopic.php?p=269172#269172

It's WMC what do you expect?

What does know your shit mean? Should your music only be sold to people who know their shit? Do you want to have a quiz before they can enter the party? This is such a bs excuse and btw, real men don't use the word "punter."

So over there in New Saudi Arabia, opps I mean England, you guys don't have slow downs at your customs? Rigggght

Another BS excuse..

4 It takes 3 hours for a cab to go 4 blocks up Collins Ave. The traffic is appalling.

So, you would never do a party in NYC either because of Traffic? Yet more bs... So none of the super bowl parties are happening because of "traffic"??? lol

Funktion-One, Dynacord, etc? Same shit you guys use, same installer in some cases. The clubs attitude? Are you serious?

6. The City of Miami does not actually want the event to happen. closing down parties for NOISE, parking your car outside a club, over crowding, people having a good time, some bloke picking their nose in public.

Miami and Miami Beach are two different cities. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is a reality check for you. The reason you are not doing the party has zero to do with all those bullshit cry baby excuses, but rather:

1. You have no money to throw said party

2. You can't make money off of said party

What you euro trash are learning is what we here in the US already know EDM music is done, it's dead, finished, over! But don't be bashing Miami for the failings of your company and the industry on a whole. Blaming Cabs and "uninformed" people is an attempt to defect the truth that you are going out of business like the rest of the EDM labels.

enjoy the read

PS. I live in Fort Lauderdale, please tell your cousins to stop moving here!!! read about the mass exodus of euro trash here

I went to a bar the other day, turns out, it's all Brits, I knew something was up, when fag ball was on the tv and there were ZERO HOT CHICKS. See only in a Euro Trash bar would there be no hot chicks in fort liquordale, we grow hot ass on palm trees down here, but nope you people some how f*ck it up. When Churchhill called, Roosevelt should have hung up on him..

What does know your shit mean? Should your music only be sold to people who know their shit? Do you want to have a quiz before they can enter the party? This is such a bs excuse and btw, real men don't use the word "punter."

So over there in New Saudi Arabia, opps I mean England, you guys don't have slow downs at your customs? Rigggght

Another BS excuse..

4 It takes 3 hours for a cab to go 4 blocks up Collins Ave. The traffic is appalling.

So, you would never do a party in NYC either because of Traffic? Yet more bs... So none of the super bowl parties are happening because of "traffic"??? lol

Funktion-One, Dynacord, etc? Same shit you guys use, same installer in some cases. The clubs attitude? Are you serious?

Miami and Miami Beach are two different cities. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is a reality check for you. The reason you are not doing the party has zero to do with all those bullshit cry baby excuses, but rather:

What you euro trash are learning is what we here in the US already know EDM music is done, it's dead, finished, over! But don't be bashing Miami for the failings of your company and the industry on a whole. Blaming Cabs and "uninformed" people is an attempt to defect the truth that you are going out of business like the rest of the EDM labels.

enjoy the read

PS. I live in Fort Lauderdale, please tell your cousins to stop moving here!!! read about the mass exodus of euro trash here

I went to a bar the other day, turns out, it's all Brits, I knew something was up, when fag ball was on the tv and there were ZERO HOT CHICKS. See only in a Euro Trash bar would there be no hot chicks in fort liquordale, we grow hot ass on palm trees down here, but nope you people some how f*ck it up. When Churchhill called, Roosevelt should have hung up on him..

:laugh: i love it... we grow hot ass on palm tree's down here :laugh:

actually saleen plucked me from a tree 5 yrs ago ;)

now thats quality :D

Defected - reasons for no party

Reasons why we ain't going to do a party:

4 It takes 3 hours for a cab to go 4 blocks up Collins Ave. The traffic is appalling

I am sure that it is going to happen, well something will be going on.... but as to if it is has been actually a 'happening' event over the last few yeras is something that has been discussed for a while now.

It used to be about networking, promoting your shit around the Fontainbleau. The moment they moved away from the poolside focal point the event gradually lost more and more focus.

It takes ages to plan an event like this and costs are considerable. If it was your time and money.....would you bother????

Was it Simon Dunmore who personally posted this? :D

Another BS excuse..

enjoy the read

Fucking Saleen. lol

Even better from Saleen:

Ok, in all seriousness, I have some questions for you blokes, mates and punters.

Do you guys hate the French as much as we do?

Do you guys really have like 5 tv stations?

Did you know here we have what we call Infomercials, basically they are commercials that are 30 minutes long on late at night, but did you know every one of them has a British guy as the host?? I guess we like buying shit from Brits!

How come Top Gear bashes American cars, yet you guys produce 0 cars over there? Jag hasn't made money since the 60's, TVR is done, Aston is for sale and will be move out of the country, MG died, Mini is German etc, I can keep going. Sure we produce some crap over here, but at least we actually still make cars, plastic interior and all.

Explain hooligans to me, I don't get it, my theory is soccer is so god dam boring, that you guys get drunk and fight like it's a fucking national sport. My question is, why not just show up and face off like gangs, like we do here in the US, why drag soccer in the middle of it? And do hooligans use weapons and if so, what kinds? Gentlemen rules? No hitting the face, or balls? any of that shit? Do you prefer to fight before, after or during the game?

Does anyone in that country think Heather Mills is cute?

Wouldn't global warming be a plus for you guys, I watch Top Gear and it's over cast 99% of the time! My god, tanning salons must make a fucking mint over there.

Do you privately admit beside a few select broads, British chicks simply are u g l y you ain't go no alibi you ugly!

If you could nuke one country besides the US, who would it be?

Is it true your bars close at 11pm? If, so why? I find it funny, they allow you to beat each other up over soccer, but they won't let you drink a brew dog after 11pm...

If you have radio 1, do you have 2, 3, 4 ,5 etc, don't you have a whole dial of stations to choose from?

Are there any hip hop artists from over there and if so have they imitated the american rappers in their thug style and if so, isn't just lame???

That's all I got...

ps, I would like to thank Simon Cowell for not taking my posts down and being a good sport about it, me and him probably know a lot of the same people.

:laugh:

Guest onisakura

I think its funny as hell. I guess you just have to know him to really get it.

Oh yeah and I miss Guyman and The Hog!!! Classic. I still will NEVER forget the first time I met Saleen. Too fuckin FUNNY.

I think its funny as hell. I guess you just have to know him to really get it.

Oh yeah and I miss Guyman and The Hog!!! Classic. I still will NEVER forget the first time I met Saleen. Too fuckin FUNNY.

I am going to see the Hog on Saturday.. and hopefully Digital7 Danny too.. I can't freakin' wait!!!!!!!

:heart:

Guest onisakura
i have some bling shots... he was lucky enough to have me pose with him ;)

jk bling :kiss2:

*lol* Same here. Remember when he'd put them in his sig?