Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can NYC builds nightclubs thats about the music not Vip and Bottle sevice ?

rbert

NY is not La. What is going on with NYc nightlifescene its turning into La and Vegas. MarQuee expensive bottle service and bouncers with the worst attitude.I remeber when NYC nightlifescene was about the music,dj,people coming in unity to party together. I see in Miami things are changing. The nightlifescene is leaving Sb for Downtown Miami, Sb turning into hip hop scene and expensive bottle service.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NY is not La. What is going on with NYc nightlifescene its turning into La and Vegas. MarQuee expensive bottle service and bouncers with the worst attitude.I remeber when NYC nightlifescene was about the music,dj,people coming in unity to party together. I see in Miami things are changing. The nightlifescene is leaving Sb for Downtown Miami, Sb turning into hip hop scene and expensive bottle service.

theres so many parties/places that are like that. Let me know what day of the week your thinkin about goin out and i will name you a few parties to check out where it is all about the music.

honestly: NO. nyc is known thru out the world for NOT having a real music scene - always has and it appears always will be. until $$$ isn't the major driving force then bottles and tables will be way ahead of making the music front and center. too bad they can't figure out with a good music scene the $$$ follows in various and abundant ways

however - i guess it depends on what type of music ur into. the typical nyc styles (deep house, trance & tribal) are abundant but try going to somewhere else in the world that's known for good music (ie belgium, amsterdam) and you won't be hearing those styles at the forefront.

honestly: NO. nyc is known thru out the world for NOT having a real music scene - always has and it appears always will be.

wow - i actually agree with your whole post...... it's ashame when one of the largest and most influential cities in the world cant have an independent, music-driven scene and instead needs to rely on who you know and how you look.....sad but true........

think about it, ny, florida, detriot, chicago.......they have all contributed sooooo much to the music scene....yet all ny has contributed is crap music and pretentious clubs.....

oh well...

got in.......actually, never been turned away from anything......was popping bottles at some spot this weekend (and hated it to death) for a friends birthday........that doesnt make the music any better whatsoever.... i sat there in my cap and jeans and did nothing for like 3 hours

honestly: NO. nyc is known thru out the world for NOT having a real music scene - always has and it appears always will be. until $$$ isn't the major driving force then bottles and tables will be way ahead of making the music front and center. too bad they can't figure out with a good music scene the $$$ follows in various and abundant ways

however - i guess it depends on what type of music ur into. the typical nyc styles (deep house, trance & tribal) are abundant but try going to somewhere else in the world that's known for good music (ie belgium, amsterdam) and you won't be hearing those styles at the forefront.

Haha, lamest thing i have ever heard a faggot say in my life..

Step out of the Lame Gay Scene you find yourself in, and look at whos been here in the past 3 weeks. NYC is not known for its music? LOL

when did u move here? from Ohio..

So Love,Shelter,Cielo,Stereo,718,Sullivan Room, Sin sin, Duvet Fridays,Studio B,peopleNYC, i can go on and on...

Are not about the music, and are shitty...

LOL what a tool you come off as..

Dayum.

got in.......actually, never been turned away from anything......was popping bottles at some spot this weekend (and hated it to death) for a friends birthday........that doesnt make the music any better whatsoever.... i sat there in my cap and jeans and did nothing for like 3 hours

Well for starters. your not going to find out about Underground Shit on this shitty Board...

This is NOT the board Thats music Driven, But NYC is massive, and has allot going on all the time. clubplanet is like webster hall online..

Your not going to find Underground party's and cool Spots much on here.

wow - i actually agree with your whole post...... it's ashame when one of the largest and most influential cities in the world cant have an independent, music-driven scene and instead needs to rely on who you know and how you look.....sad but true........

think about it, ny, florida, detriot, chicago.......they have all contributed sooooo much to the music scene....yet all ny has contributed is crap music and pretentious clubs.....

oh well...

yeah but while they were contributing sooooo much to the music scene..they werent paying 80K a month for a 12000 square foot property ...you need bottle service in NYC to make up the difference that isnt covered by regular alcohol sales and door prices....you gota remember a liqour license costs at least 500K ...not to mention even local dj's command at least 1-2K per night per set..not to mention when a big name DJ comes in...

its like bottle service is a necessary evil in this city..the markup is ridiculous but w/out it...alot of these venues wouldnt be able to exist ...

and ofcourse theres greedy ass owners who just makin stupid bank off of dummies and rich kids

check out stereo on Fridays (555west 33) .....its all about the music and nothing else....Music Matters !!! absolutly no table service

Stereo had bottle service upstairs on opening night, and I thought I saw it downstairs last Friday...I personally don't mind bottle service, it usually keeps the biggest scumbags off the dancefloor and for girls it's pretty much guaranteed free drinks b/c drunk guys forget they paid $30 for every glass they pour. If you're not into it there's plenty of other places to go.

all of you fucking people complain too much...

agree.. if you don't like it, then don't go out. sure its annoying at times - trust me, bottle service runs rampent in miami.. but the bottom line is the clubs need bottle service to bring in $$.. the club isn't going to survive on 21 year old broke ass college kids who pop pills, buy one bottle of water and refill it in the bathroom (:laugh: i'm definately guilty of that when i was that age).. DJ's cost a lot of money... electricity, security, marketing, paying your staff, etc... all that costs money.

I think VIP is brilliant.. you can take a $30 grey goose bottle of vodka and make $120 on it... or if its a huge dj, they do the 2-3 bottle minimum with only 5 people max... brilliant!

some of u r sad as f*ck... if u think NYC has a real music scene (one with NEW music) then keep listening to JP, Junior or whoever NYC thinks is the shite..... trying to hear the newest in what electronic music has to offer in NYC is impossible... trance, deep house, tribal - it's NOT "underground" - if f'n tired! if it was over and done with in 1995 you can rest assured it's just as over and done with in 2007... you're fooling urself if you think NYC doesn't have a crap reputation on the world music scene. they think this town is a joke when it comes to what's the latest in music and they're 100% RIGHT! don't get me wrong - i love NY but it's hardly for the nonexistent music scene.

agree.. if you don't like it, then don't go out. sure its annoying at times - trust me, bottle service runs rampent in miami.. but the bottom line is the clubs need bottle service to bring in $$.. the club isn't going to survive on 21 year old broke ass college kids who pop pills, buy one bottle of water and refill it in the bathroom (:laugh: i'm definately guilty of that when i was that age).. DJ's cost a lot of money... electricity, security, marketing, paying your staff, etc... all that costs money.

I think VIP is brilliant.. you can take a $30 grey goose bottle of vodka and make $120 on it... or if its a huge dj, they do the 2-3 bottle minimum with only 5 people max... brilliant!

um yeah... great reasoning here as to why NYC has a crap music scene... ur the moderator of this board, right? u made the best point possible as to why NYC is lame with these statements... if this is the "only" way NYC can think of to make the nightlife happen then it's just a sad fact that other cities, with real music scenes, have found other ways to make it work.

and where are you finding $150 bottles of grey goose??? all the clubs i go to charge $350. if hadn't worked in the club scene and realized all they cared about was making as much money as possible, w/out giving a shite as to the music being played, then i wouldn't have room to argue.

i'm sorry - if you're the moderator and this is the best reasoning you can come up with then you might as well ban me now

[abrooksbro=quote=]

yes but he is one of those fake gay/bi/straight people who just have to be different in order to gain attention...i mean look how apparent it is with the makeup and such...poor old man is just screaming, "look at me I am still hip and cool and an important part of the scene"...sorry gramps, you should just retire your dancing shoes and go hide in a closet and think about how little of importance you real are in this orld

dude you have so many issues with this make-up thing - EVERY single post you refer to me in you say "make-up this, make-up that" - geez man - you honestly don't have a life much less any friends, right?

as for not being "important" - get a clue man - that's why these club collages are the biggest thing in my scene right now - that's why i have 14,000 myspace hits, 1,200 myspace friends and get over 1,000 views on my other web page every day.... you know you and that other dip shite should just keep hiding behind your monitor because if you did post ur pics then all the fun would be taken out of this because then i'd realize both of u are nothin more then complete and utter nerds who have nothing better to do then to try to talk themselves up w/out realizing all they're doing is repeating the same lame shite over and over again

and what did you do last night???? btw, you can put these people down all u want in this collage but 99% of them are either models or PAID hosts (you know they get $$$ just to show up to a party - something i kinda doubt either 2 of you have ever had the chance to experience)

020707.jpg

actually i do have english and irish in me... i say "shite" because i don't really like spelling it out and actually cussing - as in "you're a dumb f*ck"

But you are not from England or Ireland, I don't see how having distanct ancestry entitles you to speak in a manner emulating their accent or slang. Also, are you serious trying to attack mik by saying how many myspace friends you have? Give me a break dude, you're 45 and bragging about myspace? Don't you have an important meeting with the smithsonian to attend or something