Clubplanet Nightlife Community

movies...

misk

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky Number Slevin - If you haven't seen it, SEE IT.

I slept on this movie.

Great dialogue, great cast, great plot. Always keeps you guessing.

i rented it last weekend, and i LOVED it!!! def not what i was expecting.

lots of twists...it's a fun movie to watch. extremely entertaining and a lot of great actors.

Factory Girl

Blunt-force morality play for simpletons liberally dressed in a docudrama of Edie Sedgwick, benefactor and one-time darling of Warhol and the 60s underground art scene. Decent performance by Sienna Miller as Edie, unexpectedly rich characterization of Warhol by Guy Pearce given the stifling heavy-handed extents to which the script goes to cast him as Evil. Emotional impact best summed up by Warhol himself: "Poor Little Rich Girl."

...saw Pan's Labrynth last Saturday - awesome, awesome movie...liked Departed but def did not love it...watched Illusionist last night - cant believe there were no nude scenes with jessica...good movie but again, not great...

• 2 weeks later...

Seemingly out of nowhere, the new film 300 managed to take in $70 million this Friday through Sunday in the U.S. And it wasn't even a holiday weekend!

From the creators of Sin City, the Gladiator-like film manged to set a new record for the biggest opening ever for the month of March.

Made on the cheap and shot in just 60 days with no A-list stars, the movie is expected to be one of the most profitable of the year.

Impressive!

Seemingly out of nowhere, the new film 300 managed to take in $70 million this Friday through Sunday in the U.S. And it wasn't even a holiday weekend!

From the creators of Sin City, the Gladiator-like film manged to set a new record for the biggest opening ever for the month of March.

Made on the cheap and shot in just 60 days with no A-list stars, the movie is expected to be one of the most profitable of the year.

Impressive!

Damn...that is impressive

I went to see it today...it was good but I was expecting a little more

....i felt the same...i liked it but wasnt blown away...the fight scenes were cool and i liked the choice of music to go with them......and i know it was a story being told but i thought there was too much narrative...id rather have dialogue.......overall i gave it a B.....the special features on the dvd will prob be cool..

saw 300 on IMAX..great movie..but i enjoyed sin city much better

this week, I am going to watch The Host. Cant wait.

also saw Guide to Recognizing your Saints.. really enjoyed it.. nevermind the fact it takes places in my neighborhood

..yea i really enjoyed saints as well...like i said before...

....its funny cause i didnt enjoy sin city at all when i saw it in theatres...i was fucking bored out of my mind!....cant bring myself to watch it again..