Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New idea, your comments please.

Hey guys, I have a quick question for whoever happens to read this. What do you think about a service that allows you to customize your nightlife and receive promotions or invitations thru text messages straight to your cell phone?

Let's say the service offers categories, such as clubs, restaurants, bars, comedy shows, Galleries, Gentlemen's Clubs, etc. As a user you would sign up and specify what type of category you would want to be in. For example, if I'm a restaurant and Galleries type of person, I would specify that I only want invitations from Restaurants in the Manhattan area, only fri-sat and Italian and Indian food only. For galleries I would accept all invitations within the boundaries of Manhattan.

The idea of the service is for people to lists their demands, while restaurants, promoters, galleries, etc. bid for their attention, money, business, etc. I remember one management class I took and the Prof. described how retailers and suppliers go thru a "bid war" where suppliers bid and offer the lowest price to retailers. The retailer has the choice of accepting the lowest offer and finalizes the deal. Except, now the consumer is the retailer and the supplier are the promoters or businesses.

There are more details to the idea, but I don't want this to be a written business plan on the forum. Please comment and feel free to disagree or tear the idea apart. You can contact me at bx_anth0ny@yahoo.com, thanks!

Well, the categories will be very detailed. For instance, with restaurants people will be able to select the cuisine and region (E.g. Greek food and Brooklyn) and they'll only receive invitations from restaurants that specifically offer that.

Plus, the member can specify the days in which he/she wants to receive text messages and the amount per day. This will limit a member from being bombarded with text messages =)

Hmm, I'm beginning to notice that a lot of people get text messages about parties, huh? Of course, the service will have a option that will limit the number of text messages you receive, so you won't go crazy =]

• 2 weeks later...
here is my thought ( and i DJ) when i get text messages from promoters i almost want to go to the party just to punch them in the head. Emails is one thing but just sending random text messages and running up peoples phone bills is wrong.

I hear where you're coming from with that, and the service will be an "OPT-in" service. It means that you won't receive random text invitations from us. You have to signup to the service and actually request this information.

I notice that the text message (spam, overload, cost, etc.) is a big problem and we'll have a feature that'll limit how much you get according to your preference =]

Thanks for the comment though, I really appreciate it, keep them coming!

Stop being negative.

Stop being naive. This is what's wrong with the country. No one does their job well, because when I go into a store to buy something, the lower class piece of shit who is supposed to be assisting me is dreaming about some ridiculous txt message service instead of doing his job. Your station in life is what it is, deal with it and at least have some pride in your work / lot in life.

Stop being naive. This is what's wrong with the country. No one does their job well, because when I go into a store to buy something, the lower class piece of shit who is supposed to be assisting me is dreaming about some ridiculous txt message service instead of doing his job. Your station in life is what it is, deal with it and at least have some pride in your work / lot in life.

You seem to know quite a bit about many things: peoples' stations in life, their class levels, their ambitions in life, what constitutes a classy New Yorker, what constitues a "bride and tunneler," etc. How can you state with conviction what someone's ambition or station is in life? Based on their job or position at the current moment? I mean, based on your posts, I could very easily say that your station in life is that of ignorant, clueless aspiring sociological thinker, when, in fact, you could just be some inexperienced, naive kid who's doing nothing more than regurgitating little snippets of what he believes to be insightful critiques from The Village Voice. Honestly, your misguided rants over the past few months about New York crowds have done nothing more than show how little you really know about class.

Stop drinking so many apple martinis.

truer words havent been spoken on this board