Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Best Club Memory

Okay, after having an amazing time at Vinyl last night Probably the best time I've had in I-don't-know-how-long. BTW it was the first time in 12 years I ever went to a club completly clean and sober(just a red bull and some protein shakes).

It got me thinking of my most memorable club moments.

1. Ministry of Sound - Nov 15th, 1998 - My b-day. Mark Wilkenson, DJ. He built one of the most amazing sets, it kept building for hours. When I went to leave, shook his hand said thank-you, and then he hit me harder. I stayed until I had to board my flight home.

2. Closing of Palladium - Need I say anymore

3. The early 90's - but it's all pretty hazy to remember.

4. Liquid, Miami - Sept 18th, 1999 - VIP, Peter Rauhoffer, DJ, spinning his Club 69 set. It just rocked!!!

5. Vinyl - Aug 11, 2000 - because I was clean, and WILL remember it.

Now that I rambled on, lets hear about yours!

- Pete

Fav memory??

The early days are blurry drunk.gif

Recent ones I won't forget will be Sasha & Digweed's realse party at Twilo on June 28th. Three reasons, a. I got in for free, b. first party I've been to since I've been sober, and c. S&D just kicked ass that night.

And the other will PVD's recent gig at Twilo this past July and everyone knows why. smile.gif

------------------

You look so fine, I want to break your heart and give you mine.

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Waiting on line for Sound Factory in summer 98, with Daymon Waynes.. 6am, line down to the west side highway, on line with DAYMON WAYNES.. I dunno why he didnt try to cut the line, but he just got on line with everyone.. Him and three of his own security guards waited next to us.. I didnt know what to say to him.. I just looked at him..lol..

I wanted to ask him what the hell was he doing on line for the Sound Factory at 6am, but I kept my mouth shut.. *Sniffle* smile.gif

------------------

The Skys Are Little Fluffy Clouds.. They Were Long, Clear.. There Were Lots OF Stars, At Night..

Tough one cause I have two really awesome experiences. The first one was PVD last trip at Twilo where he blew up and played one of the best sets that I have ever heard. The second was more recent at Vinyl where Danny was off the hook. Music wise I have to go with PVD over Danny T (don't get me wrong DT is the man, it's just that I am forever a trancehead smile.gif) it's just that Vinyl has the best vibe I have ever felt in my life and that's why my last party at Vinyl is probably my best experience.

That and the fact that I was rollin two Chinese Stars and 4 blunts....heheheh... wink.gif

PLUR

that's a tough one!!!

heart speaking, it had to be a couple of nights out in Spain where i met my long term GF

i also had a blast last summer where i joined DT for his tour in Greece: open air clubs till 8am, just an incredible vibe and DT was off the hook!

------------------

it's hot in here, it's dark in here

For me it has to be Paul Oakenfold at the ROXY Thanksgiving '99. Everything seemed to come perfectly together for that party and the vibe of that place was magical. You could still feel it as you stood on line for the coatcheck when it was over. I've seen Oakie twice since then and nothing has compared. I don't think that he could pull it off again even if he intentionally tried.

Some nights just have a life of their own and can never be repeated.

------------------

There must be a party going on around here!!!

Best memories for me was . . .

1. PVD last November at Twilo! That was the best night I've ever had. Seriously, I danced from 1 to 8:30 non-stop. And I do mean NON-STOP. Okay, maybe once to go to the bathroom. That was also the night I met my bf. Such sweet memories. wink.gif

2. S&D at Space in Ibiza. I was really not a fan of S&D, saw them couple of times at Twilo and didn't know why people loved him so much. He plays all this really dark music. However, when I saw them in Ibiza. Woooaaahhh NELLY!!! High energy for 6 hours straight!! BEST TIME I've ever had! Just wish they would spin like that here. frown.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

I would rather have 15 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special.

1) Junior's birthday, I think 2 years ago...not sure. One of the best night that I've ever heard out of him. I was TRYING to chill upstairs during the night, but he would lay track after track down , and I would have to get up and run downstairs to feel it. He was in such a good mood, dancing in the booth, shining his flashlight, wearing different hats and wigs! F'ing awesome night.

2) Jonathan Peters in Space - Southbeach Memorial Day weekend. It was just a wild freaking night. He was playing in this hellhole called Warsaw, about 120 degrees and humid inside. He was going to play Space afterhours, so we all hopped in a cab and headed down there. It was just sick. Everybody was dancing so hard it looked like a spastic convention. I got hit in the head by a flying highheeled shoe, that this girl kicked off while dancing up by the DJ booth. Peters was spinning this hard, twisted stuff. Very crazy night.

3) Danny Tenaglia. Vinyl. Most Fridays. smile.gif

#1 Danny T @ Stereo July 25th 99 - Completely Amazing...

#2 Jr's Last Birthday @ Arena...And the closing party of Palladium...Peete by the way, someone has the video tapes of the last night from Jr's Booth...Wooops Shit...

#3 Many a night @ Vinyl with Danny I can't seem to remember they always seem to get better

#4 Numerous nights from the old days, Halloween at sound factory bar with Danny, many a DTour, LL, Palladium, USA et al...I think the first 2 were ones I'll never forget though...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com