Just wondering..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Party's over.

Diana works for Clubplanet. She's smart, she's funny, she's cool. If you met her in person, trust me, you'd all love her. And she's doing her job.

Look, no one likes the profanity-police. We don't care if you cuss. Hell. I cuss all fucking day. And we're not here to get people in trouble, start beefs, or piss on people's territory.

If you're upset, you can blame me. Not Diana. Me. She works for me, and I asked her to join the message boards, start some conversations, get some lively discussion going.

Well, mission accomplished. (Pretend I'm on an aircraft carrier.)

For whatever reason, some people didn't get along with Diana. And that's fine. We're not going to force people to like anyone. But then it got personal. And more personal. And then, some posters started making racist, sexist, and flat-out ugly comments. Comments that would, quite frankly, get your ass handed to you in person. Those comments were deleted.

Why? Not because we want to be Big Brother. But because we don't want a hostile atmosphere, and we won't tolerate racism or sexism. Period. I'm not going to repeat the offending comments, but they were despicable. Diana is just trying to do her job, and she comes to work to see people that she doesn't even know -- people she was trying to make friends with! -- and she gets assaulted with bigoted comments, she's taunted, and she's cyber-stalked to Facebook.

Enough is enough.

Again, we're not gonna go all Big Brother. But there are some lines you just don't cross. And these lines have been crossed again...and again...and again.

Diana won't be posting anymore on these boards. So fun's over.

…So I know I’m coming off as the cranky old man. It’s a role I don’t like. (Dude – I want to be out at the bar, drinking, same as you.) But enough is enough.

If you have any problems with this, you can e-mail me at jwilser@clubplanet.com. I’ll be away from the boards for the rest of the night.

I’m locking this thread.

Jeff Wilser

Clubplanet.com

Editor-in-Chief