Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jr. Vasquez w/ DeMarko & Special Live PA By Amuka @ Studio Mezmor – Sat. 5/19

Saturday, May 19th, 2007

Main Room: Junior Vasquez with DeMarko and a Special Live PA By Amuka

SideBar: DJ Sizzahands

Studio Mezmor Presents ZONE with Junior Vasquez, DeMarko, a Special Live PA By Amuka and Featuring K.I.M. & The Junior Varsity Boys!

The Gallery at Studio Mezmor Presents Joe Oppedisano’s Photographs from His New Collection “Testosterone”!

We are proud to welcome legendary DJ Junior Vasquez to helm NYC’s largest dancefloor. This special event brings together for the first time since Vasquez’s now-infamous Arena events at Palladium and his long-running residency at Twilo, a remarkably diverse array of dance music aficionados: gay and straight revelers coming together under the powerful audio wizardry of the man who is quite simply the visionary disc jockey who virtually defined the craft and singularly elevated today’s jockeys to superstar status.

Over the past two decades, Junior has invented new techniques for manipulating music, and has perfected old ones - weaving new music (fresh from his studio) with classics from his 300,000+ record collection. Junior has written, produced and remixed songs for countless recording artists including Madonna, Whitney Houston, Cher, Prince, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Mary J. Blige and Michael & Janet Jackson.

The superstar DJ and producer continues, some say miraculously, to attain new levels of stardom in a viciously competitive field, but Junior seems to bring a strange power of unity time and time again. The evolution of his sound has set the course of dance music worldwide for two decades, and he continues to gain legions of new young fans. His sense of trends is unmatched by any of his peers.

Vasquez and his longtime manager/partner Jerome Farley operate one of the most prolific independent record labels, Junior Vasquez Music; produce eight major events a year in NYC and have traveled to four continents for a remarkable 30 live sets so far this year; Vasquez is also heard worldwide on XM Satellite Radio for two hours every Saturday night.

“I’m very excited to play that room again, and I’ve actually been craving getting back in the booth for quite a while. That room was built for me as far as I’m concerned, The sound and lights are the finest we have in NYC” boasts the sharp-witted Vasquez. Vasquez’s team has been working enthusiastically with the Studio Mezmor team to seal the night as a sensational event.

Joining Junior Vasquez is Amuka off of Ultra Records. She will be performing her new debut, “My Man”.

Opening up the evening is NYC favorite, DeMarko.

In the SideBar, DJ Sizzahandz mixes it up with hip-hop and R&B.

Free Admission Before Midnight

$20 Advance Tickets / $25 Door

21 and older

Doors @ 10 PM

For Advance Tickets Please Visit www.studiomezmor.com

Table Reservations: 917.339.1825

530 West 28th Street NY, NY 10001

051907.jpg

or: "HOW TO HYPE UP NOTHING..."

Hahaha....OMG..I never read so much nonsense...only the braindead can be impressed by this fairy tale..

Hahahaha...did we skip the "BOY"...already?...now its only called "ZONE" all of a sudden....

Looks like we already got worried the fags might scare all the straight trash away and we will be EMPTY......

Oh Lordy...This party is gonna be fiaaaaaaaaaaaahce!...with 35 views on this topic so far it sure will be rockin!

..."That room was built for me as far as I’m concerned"....hahahaha..yeah, another room for him to run into the ground. Danny and Victor both knew too well why they didn't allow Eric Ortense to book that old deejay as long as they were still spinning there...hahaha

i usually don't sounding off on ingnorance like yours but it's so obvious i can't resist. you're a tool who is talkingout your bung hole...bung hole that's funny lol

so anyway donny, if you were there since bassline up through sound factory that bitch jr. got some tricks, invented helaf of them, stole the rest but never the less get credit for them. not danny, jonathon, not victor, not whoever you want to name , the queeen brought it to you first 27th street, first and foremost, tweeked it out and pumped it up.....sound factory style....i know you can't stand it cuz you don't understand it

:beer: cheers sweetheart

or: "HOW TO HYPE UP NOTHING..."

Hahaha....OMG..I never read so much nonsense...only the braindead can be impressed by this fairy tale..

Hahahaha...did we skip the "BOY"...already?...now its only called "ZONE" all of a sudden....

Looks like we already got worried the fags might scare all the straight trash away and we will be EMPTY......

Oh Lordy...This party is gonna be fiaaaaaaaaaaaahce!...with 35 views on this topic so far it sure will be rockin!

..."That room was built for me as far as I’m concerned"....hahahaha..yeah, another room for him to run into the ground. Danny and Victor both knew too well why they didn't allow Eric Ortense to book that old deejay as long as they were still spinning there...hahaha

i usually don't sounding off on ingnorance like yours but it's so obvious i can't resist. you're a tool who is talkingout your bung hole...bung hole that's funny lol

so anyway donny, if you were there since bassline up through sound factory that bitch jr. got some tricks, invented helaf of them, stole the rest but never the less get credit for them. not danny, jonathon, not victor, not whoever you want to name , the queeen brought it to you first 27th street, first and foremost, tweeked it out and pumped it up.....sound factory style....i know you can't stand it cuz you don't understand it

:beer: cheers sweetheart

Dude........LOL.........been there done that. 21 Hudson, The World, SF, Tunnel, Palladium...u name it! He was legendary BACK THEN. Cute.

Difference is: I 'm NOT stuck in the past. He is and so are YOU.

donaldm wrote:

I was at the afterparty at SOL.

Junior blew the roof off that place! He worked us all into a frenzy!!!!!

Franco did a video from one of the fiercest moments of that night which proves again Junior is THE KING OF NYC!!!!!:

Haha...so let's all hope they won't check Victor Calderone for any drugs....cuz otherwise that night(at PachaNYC) might end very early......hahahahahaha
...well I don't need to ask them as Victor himself went on the mic last month at the end of the night announcing: "Sorry guys about the music but I guess the pills I took tonite were way too strong....."

Haha...Dancefake01..u think u are such a crafty bitch.

As I once told u before, I remember what I posted. I am not as senile as your favorite old DJ.

It's called 'sarcasm'....you can't even read between lines....or 'read' in general....so if you please...TRY AGAIN.

Haha...Dancefake01..u think u are such a crafty bitch.

As I once told u before, I remember what I posted. I am not as senile as your favorite old DJ.

It's called 'sarcasm'....you can't even read between lines....or 'read' in general....so if you please...TRY AGAIN.

wow busted and u cant even fess up.it's called being FAKE . get your shit right.

Can't wait to get my Junior fix tomorrow night! No matter what is said about him, he is still the KING of NYC clubland. He's hands-down a god behind the CD decks and turntables.......working a crowd into a frenzy like I've never seen another DJ do.

See you all at Studio Mesmor. And I'm driving 3 1/2 hours to hear this guy - he's that damn good!