Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dt's Thoughts on Downtown Miami (NE 11th Street.

Bling

as posted on dtourism.com

all i can say is :biggrin:

eep thoughts from DT

« on: Today at 08:49:38pm » Reply with quote

From DT...

SO SAD TO SAY THIS PEOPLE

BUT THERE TRULY WAS "NO HOPE"

11th STREET & NE 2nd AVE. in DOWNTOWN MIAMI HAS BECOME

THE MOST GHETTO SCENARIO OF CLUBLANDS THAT MY EYES HAVE EVER WITNESSED!

AND THIS TRULY SADDENS ME DEEPLY! -

* And, I don't care who has an opinion of my opinion! -

IT ALL STARTS ON THE VERY CORNER WHERE THE STREET LIGHT DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A WORKING ORDER ??

THE FIRST CLUB IS NOTORIOUS FOR SHUT DOWNS DUE TO

SHOOTOUTS AND STABBINGS, YET THEY ARE STILL OPEN?

THE TRAFFIC IS HIDEOUS ON THE BLOCKS DUE TO THE 7 CLUBS PRACTICALLY ALL WITHIN 3 FEET FROM EACH OTHER .....

THE PARKING LOTS CHARGING UP TO $25.00

THEN YOU HAVE TO SADLY DEAL WITH ALL THE HOMELESS,

CRACK ADDICTS AND MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE THAT WANDER THE STREETS OFTEN INTIMIDATING CLIENTELE AS THEY WALK TO THE VENUES.

THERE IS A SHELTER THAT FEEDS THE HOMELESS JUST ONE BLOCK AWAY, AND THE NEIGHBORHOOD ITSELF IS SUPER-SKETCH!

CIRCUIT PARTIES STYLE EVENTS WHERE THE MUSIC IS LIKE A 2007 SOUNDTRACK TO THE WIZARD OF OZ! LA LA LA LA LA LAAAA

* ANYTHING BY AN ARTIST WITH A "BIG MAJOR LABEL/MTV NAME" - REMIXED TO A DANCE SINGLE SEEMS TO GET PLAYED ..

AS LONG AS IT HAS

"T H A T - T I R E D - "ANTHEM" - F O R M U L A" (zzzzzz)

A PACKED ROOM FULL OF SWEATY SHIRTLESS MUSCLE MEN DANCING TO JUDY GARLAND TYPE SONGS ..... MAKES NO SENSE! (( yawn ))

THIS IS NOT JUST MY OPINION ..... THESE ARE THE FACTS!

MIAMI (like many others) is being completely taken over by:

Hip Hop, RAP, Reggaeton, Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia, VIP rooms, AND

way too many Non Intelligent "Teenage Dropouts"

with gangsta looking tattoos up their necks, arms, etc

and even some people with "weapons"

just driving all around passing all the Clubs & South Beach

because most couldn't get in even if they tried from their appearance or their thug-ish attitudes, possies and the

PRISON MENTALITIES!

* WHERE THIS ALL STARTS AND ENDS LIKE A CYCLE! -

YOU COULD ALWAYS GO DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM TWILO AS WELL

AND GET A LAP DANCE 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK!

Or, get chicken fingers from their Take Out Window? ((LOL))

DOWNTOWN MIAMI SEEMS TO be "CURSED" --->

Security People that SHAKE DOWN CUSTOMERS more than

anywhere else I have ever heard of ....

(Not all of them are Corrupt ... But MANY are!)

Even some people on this board have SAD "ELEVATOR" STORIES! -

HORRIFIC BUZZY / ELECTRO & DATED PROGGY / TRACKS

THAT SOUND LIKE "FLASHDANCE" -

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME (repeat 100x)

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME (repeat 100x)

(still with Love & Respect to Deep Dish, but

the bad wanna be's that then follow! UGH, "I CRINGE" -

IF I HEAR "WORLD HOLD ON" OR THAT VOCAL "ELECTRO"

I FURTHER CRINGE! (sorry Artist?) .....

I remember last year hearing: FEEL THE LOVE GENERATION

and I swear to you all, I thought it was some joke or a demo?

I couldn't believe how OFF the vocalist was, and then I discover it's

a super famous "international hit" that was known from the Olympics?

I've held back for about 2 years writing something because I did not

want to disrespect the artist and their creativity.

But THIS is what you hear

over and over again in these VIP type clubs played to

"GIRLS AND GUYS GONE WILD ON "SOFAS"

WITH FANCY CLOTHES AND GREYGOOSE BOTTLES!

That could give one F*** about what they heard a DJ play!

These suckers deserve to pay $2000,00 per table! LOL

THEN THERE'S THE CHEESY ROCK & ROLL MASH-UPS

LIKE PINK FLOYD'S "THE WALL" -

THE LYRICS SAY: "WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION" (zzzzzz)

Well, I danny tenaglia, (a DJ for over 3 decades) disagree 1000%!

And I can educate them ALL in 70's funk, DEEP HOUSE, Techno, Tribal Tech house and give Free Dance Classes too! (LOL)

(((((( now I'll tell you how I really feel? )))) -

OK I did .... I released my frustrations! - (((NEXT)))

because most couldn't get in even if they tried from their appearance or their thug-ish attitudes, possies and the

PRISON MENTALITIES!

Truer words have never been spoken!!!!!

at first i thought phillipio wrote this LOL

Phil...... i believe DT has now once again become your club idol :biggrin:

Interesting read. I can relate to a lot of what was said. Are you sure this was taken from DTourism?

By the way, Danny never stopped being one of my favorite djs. I just would rather round up the scratch to see him in NYC instead of Miami. :D

I agree wholeheartedly with him bashing all these lame-ass djs who are completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I also agree on his bashing of electro-rubbish and progressive as well as the formulaic dance anthems.

Although I'm not a fan of salsa, bachata, cumbia, etc., I would say he could have stopped short of bashing those kinds of music. Props on the reggaeton and hip-hop bashing though. :aright:

I don't blame him one bit for hating the scene here. When you've held residencies as long as he has and played at some of the top venues in real cities (not this Mickey Mouse entourage that people call "Miami clubland"), you can afford to be choosy and critical.

A nightlife centered around one shady street that runs for two blocks in a neighborhood that screams to be gentrified? That's not nightlife... it's a laugh and a half! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Although I'm not a fan of salsa, bachata, cumbia, etc., I would say he could have stopped short of bashing those kinds of music.

agreed....

think danny doesn't understand that those types of music have been around miami longer then house music has

PRISON MENTALITIES!

those genres of music have always been a part of miami. i dont unserstand why some seem so shocked like if its something new. if you ask me, its what defines the city--all the variety of music, cultures etc. and shows how miami is influenced by the latin american and carribbean ppl. just cuz you dont like that music doesnt mean you have to bash it. especially with endless generalizations like ""Teenage Dropouts"

and even some people with "weapons"--

...especially with endless generalizations like ""Teenage Dropouts"...

Yeah! I mean look at me. I dropped out of high school 3 days before my senior year final exams and now I'm just as successful as your average high school drop-out!

Oh shit... it's 9:35. My shift at Wendy's starts in 10 minutes. :D

I totally agree with DT.

I am from NY and I was down in Miami the week after WMC (yeah, stupid me but I had to work).

The first mistake I made was going out on a Friday - we went to South Beach and my god - I was almost afraid for my life. I should have never broken my rule of not going to clubs on Friday night. Too young and just don't like the crowds.

We then decided to try going back there on Saturday and really not much different - there were a few places that i thought about going into but the lines were an hour long. And when I don't have to wait on line in NY - there is no way i'm waiting an hour down there.

The best thing we did was decide to high tail it out of there - we wound up in Lauderdale and then the Hard Rock and made the best of the night.

South Beach needs a major clean up - its sad because it is a very cool place with the beach and all but it will be a long time before i head out there again.

Just my thoughts.

I totally agree with DT.

I am from NY and I was down in Miami the week after WMC (yeah, stupid me but I had to work).

The first mistake I made was going out on a Friday - we went to South Beach and my god - I was almost afraid for my life. I should have never broken my rule of not going to clubs on Friday night. Too young and just don't like the crowds.

We then decided to try going back there on Saturday and really not much different - there were a few places that i thought about going into but the lines were an hour long. And when I don't have to wait on line in NY - there is no way i'm waiting an hour down there.

The best thing we did was decide to high tail it out of there - we wound up in Lauderdale and then the Hard Rock and made the best of the night.

South Beach needs a major clean up - its sad because it is a very cool place with the beach and all but it will be a long time before i head out there again.

Just my thoughts.

Actually, DT was talking more about downtown Miami, not SoBe. If you think SoBe is bad, try getting harassed by 8 bums during your 1 block walk between the $30 parking and whatever venue you chose to attend. :D

yeah these fucking crackheads were sitting at the entrance of a free public parking lot trying to charge - funny shit.......cant forget about the overabundance of juice-heads with mohawks and giant shades. I did have a good time at nocturnal durin the wmc but i was lucky enuff to get on the terrace b4 they blocked it off. still a bit creepy though for sure !!!

yeah these fucking crackheads were sitting at the entrance of a free public parking lot trying to charge - funny shit.......

These fucking clowns are so committed to their job that some guy was run down in one of these lots a while back. You pay the loot to park and they're supposed to be keeping an eye on the cars but they are not responsible for damage or theft! Why the fuck does anyone give these clowns money? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ghettoe people generally dont like house tecu and trance music. They cant dress and most or criminals. NYPd does a better job keeping the weirdos away from nightclubs then miami go figure.Danny is right. When hes in NY hes home.There nothing like NYC clubs and house music and the vibe.