Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old fashions....

Remember when we were all younger the fashions we wore? I was looking at some pictures and couldnt believe what I wore. My God how did my Mom let me leave the house.

Remember the bannana hair clips, the tube socks....the DOUBLE tube sucks (white on the bottom, black on top or whatever colors matched your utfit). The genie pants and the Cavarichis. What do you guys remember of old fashions or regret ever wearing...

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

I use to be really into that whole new wave look . . . you know New Order and Depeche Mode. I would wear black EVERYDAY from head to toe. And I colored my bangs platnium . . . I can still see my mom's reaction now. eek.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

Oh my god, remember wearing your hair up in a pony tail to the side!! what about the high tesed hair that you would spend hours on! Okay remember tying your shirts in knots? How about those big ass fat belts, and t-shirts with biker shorts, adn jean jackets (stone wash) Ahahahahahahahahha biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif The good old days!!!!

I regret acid washed jeans & I absolutly hated those Velcro Reeboks that all the guidos wore. Oh yeah tails, I had one halfway down my back. *puke*

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

Cavarichis, CAPIZIOS!!!! Oh my, what was I thinking. Long hair in the back, short on top, fade on the sides. BOLO TIES!! Diamond stud, gold chain and absolutely no woman would talk to me. Now I know why. Wait a minute....I stopped wearing all that stuff and no one talks to me anyway! PEACE!

Bro...I think u should grow the tail back...that musta looked PHAAAAAT!!! HAHA

And yes...I admit..I had the velcro Reebok Exofits!!! 3 Pairs...black, white & baby blue...*double puke*

SMOKEE

Originally posted by gene2k:

I regret acid washed jeans & I absolutly hated those Velcro Reeboks that all the guidos wore. Oh yeah tails, I had one halfway down my back. *puke*

Guest crystalmethodny

I still wear black

I still listen to Depeche Mode and New Order

I always was a freak...

still am wink.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Thos eparachute outfits!!! UGH They drove me crazy with all the noise they made.

The tight pants worn with the ever soo fashionable SWEATSHIRT! And the tight pants with the skirts attached. Oh my!

And it was sooo sad how all the boys had those TAILS. Those things were soo pathetic I must say. They all walked around with their long ass tails and their reebok PUMPS...hahahah

------------------

Originally posted by djchris:

Where I live people still look like this. Thier hair cuts are Mullet Cuts (Short on top, Long in back). Yuck

The Jersey shore's full of Mullets, lol...I didn't think anyone besides my crew used that term. Mullets, Marlboros & Harley T-Shirts = Uniform of the White Trash.

------------------

In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing.

How about friendship pins??? all those different color beads you used to put on a safety pin & give away & trade ........ How about those shoelaces the fat laces (addidas like) & the ones w/ frogs, rainbows, smurfs etc....

This is such a funny topic!! Ok you know you were an 80's child if *you used that aqua net like it was going outta style! *Biker shorts with ripped up jean shorts over them! *Sweatshiets with the neck cut off and it would be hanging off your shoulder hehehe!

*and you know all ya'll 80's children wanted to be a goonie! "gooniez never say die!!!"

How clueless we were!

Anyone remember those two toned jeans...gray in the front and black in the back? Damn. I wore so much gold, had the longest nails and THE biggest hair. I should burn my old pictures.

------------------

"I love the things that we should fear"

I use to have these jeans well shorts ummm ok this is what they were.....one leg was long jeans and one leg was shorts. I bought them like that too...everyone liked them but uhhh I dont know about them now.

I even remember wearing spandex pants under boxers. What on earth was I thinking

------------------

the funniest thing people used to wear...was those boots with fringes up the back! Quite scary now!! (esp white leather ones..ouch!)

and how about all the shit with studs and rhinestones...haha..that trend is still goin on with the grannies in florida..I believe..

-J

------------------

Music is the answer...to your problems...:)...smoknjilly@aol.com

Another one I just rememebered, "french cuffs" on my jeans. I truly hope 80's fashions don't make a comeback.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

LOL!

My hair was SOOOOO big! I got a fly caught in it once!

Oh, man, those skin tight pants! Acid wash, two toned acid wash, TURQUOISE acid wash! Bubble gum pants. GOLD HEADBANDS! Cut up sweatshirts with colored high-healed pumps!

OMG! I gotta burn those pics!

------------------

blueskygirl-aka mbdewey

unavoidable username change

Still the same ole me... but 50 posts lighter.

mbdewey@yahoo.com

Depeche Mode had a big influence on me and I still love them too...and I had something in common with a Flock of Seagulls..yup...the hair. Lots of hairspray and gel. silly.gif

Even better....remember when Miami Vice was on and every guy started dressing like Don Johnson. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Dance to the beat, jump from my feet."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

What's scary about this is that half this shit is coming back into style... the huge hoop earings, the studded belts and rock t-shirts... the tacky prints all combined (everyone and their mother now has something that's made of fake python)the stiletto heels and jeans... think twice before doing any of it again!

i had the big hair too. and cavariccis.

but do you guys remember the slang words we used like "mint", "fresh",! i can't think of anymore. God, i used to say MINT allllll the time.

------------------

things to see, people to do... hehe