Clubplanet Nightlife Community

600 people arrested in Miami Memorial Day Weekend 2007

'urban week' memorial day 2001 was 1 of my worst travel experiences ever-

i have only gone back to miami once or twice since

if spring break was kicked out of ft lauderdale, urban week shld be banned in miami

in every society and events has it's pros and cons. yea they are not doing loads of hard drugs but they kinda don't know how to act and wanna act hardcore. and vice versa, yea we(some or used to) stay up for long periods of times, not getting into fights and acting right, but drowing our brains with hard drugs.

I see your point but usually if I want to get high on something I'm doing damage to myself and only myself, unless I get behind the wheel of a car then everyone's in jeopardy (which I don't advocate). But bringing weapons out to a club and then mixing it with liquor is a recipe for disaster. Also besides the 600 arrests there was a double homicide on that weekend. I'm sure it was over some petty shit too. Oh well, next year it'll be more of the same.

hate to say it but hip hop parties end in problems more than house parties do. Seems like someone always leaves in a meat wagon and the other in a police car. Wheter white black or anything other it seems the popular thing to do at hip hop parties is see who is the biggest thug and prove it by doing stupid things.

The NAACP and ACLU have slowly lowered themselves and lose respect for what they do on a daily basis.

yea, it's like sometimes i even think about going to hip hop nights here in the city. but i don't know what kinda drama i'd run into. since it won't be me and 6 in the "crew". come with like 2 girls or something