Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Admission fees, club entry, etc. question

stillrollin

I've seen a LOT of "VIP Passes" to various clubs for sale on eBay that are supposed to gain you FREE admission to virtually any/every club in Vegas.

Are these legit?

The ones for Jet at Mirage say, "Free entry before Midnight". Is that too early to arrive? What time do lines start forming?

We have no problem at all with beating the crowd to a club. In fact, we kind of like to sit back and watch the place fill up and the party take it's shape!!

So, in a nutshell... are these passses legit and worth paying $2-3 for? And, what "target time" should we have in mind for arrival if using such passes?

For the most part they are legit. You can always ask cab drivers for them too. You just have to read the fine print, in your case "before midnight". I would get there early, like around 10:45. If you are a group of guys, you might have to wait longer. Recruit women or just hand a doorman about $25/person, not to wait.

You know what they say about things that sound too good to be true.

Here's the deal. Despite what the fine print on the passes/offers actually say, when it comes to the top clubs in town (like Jet) there's no guarantee that you'll be able to use them no matter how early you line up.

The bottom line is that the top clubs can -- and often do -- decide that they're not going to honor those passes on any given night, without advance notice. It may be because they consider that night a "special event." Of course, every night can be a "special event" if the club decides. Or it could be that the club will only honor the first 100 passes that come through the door.

If you do decide to use these passes, you'll need to get to clubs a lot earlier than 10:45. At the top clubs in town, at that time the line will be so long that you may not even get in until 1am, let alone receive no benefits from your pass.

About the only passes I've ever heard of that are guaranteed gold (provided you're through the line before the cut-off time) are those issued by the hotels and clubs themselves. And even then, there's always fine print.

Buyer beware.

I've used the passes supplied by the Mirage and the Club Planet guestlist to get into Jet for free with only a little wait at like 10:00 with all guys. I would presume the passes would work later, but then the practical reality of Vegas clubs (i.e... you have to wait a while if you don't have a connection or several girls in the group) would kick in. I wouldn't take the chance of buying passes off e-Bay though.

ETA: Also, many of those passes don't work for special event parties, so you need to be careful.