Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what makes a good crowd?

i've been reading a lot of the posts about tunnel saturday's and exit and other clubs...and was just wondering what all your opinions were about what makes a crowd good? what makes the night fun?

and do you actually meet new people when you go out clubbing? it's only happened a few times with me...between dancing and just chillin in a dark corner somewhere...i don't really find clubs too conducive to chatting.'

thoughts?

Good question...I think you need to ask yourself why you're at the club first...Hopefully it's for the music and a good time...If the music is what you want to hear and the energy is positive then you're off to a good start...The crowd around you should feed off the DJ, that's there job, to move the crowd...Problems start when people are just there to get fucked up and start fights, in other words, IGNORANT!!! Listen to the music and the rest will follow!!

Originally posted by sethdiggy:

Good question...I think you need to ask yourself why you're at the club first...Hopefully it's for the music and a good time...If the music is what you want to hear and the energy is positive then you're off to a good start...The crowd around you should feed off the DJ, that's there job, to move the crowd...Problems start when people are just there to get fucked up and start fights, in other words, IGNORANT!!! Listen to the music and the rest will follow!!

I agree with you. The music is what is SUPPOSED to bring everyone together.

When you're there just to get fucked up, or just to pick up, then it deteriorates the crowd and the vibe.

------------------

Din Da Da

i dont really think that a "good crowd" can refer to the whole club, b/c in every crowd no matter wht u are gonna get the: asshole's that push people around, obnoxious perverted muscleheads who think they could dance, the major drug addicts that cant control themselves, or just people in general looking for trouble, now these people exist in every club, now depending on the club there will be more or less of the above listed.

I think what makes it a good night is the people that u are there with.

As of making friends at a club, its not that easy cause most people are doing their own thing, but occasionaly especially if u are on E u will definately meet friends, but they will probably only last for that one night...

---------------

~Music Is The Answer~ smile.gif

[This message has been edited by neptune (edited 08-21-2000).]

this is my honest opinion, please don't get offended but credit my honesty:

a good crowd is the one without the following people:

1. fat females

2.muscleheads, juicehead dickheads

3.indians/pakistanis/arabs/orientals

4.people over 28.

5.losers who only go for drunk girls

6.dirty or ugly looking people...obviously

A good crowd is composed of the people that Cazz and Trancenergy talk about . . . and it's all about the music. biggrin.gif

I meet new people every time I go out - I'm very friendly, so I always talk to the people sitting around me . . . and people always start bs'ing with me. And chances are, if you start to look like you're getting sick, or actually do, and I'm nearby, I'll be there to give you water, rub your back, and ask you if you're okay . . . smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Originally posted by andwhysee:

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

you're about as ugly as they come, so i hope i never see your racist shit-ass in any of the clubs.

[This message has been edited by sirdante (edited 08-21-2000).]

DIVERSITY- I don't want to be surrounded by a uniform group of people... I like a mix... that's what makes clubs interesting and fun. You have different types of people to meet and chill with at different points in your evening. Most of all, I hate people who have a superiority complex... if you don't like the club you're in LEAVE... don't walk around pushing people with a stick up your ass.

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

What the f*ck are u talking about. No more fat females? Get the f*ck outta here.

Don't discriminate against the "Swollen" ones. Let the pleasantly plump stay.

Cause if they go, i go.

peace, Fatty

[This message has been edited by fatchikthrilla (edited 08-21-2000).]

Diversity, love for the music, friendliness, PLUR (of course).

I love to meet new ppl at clubs, and like to, whether on e or not, keep in touch with them even after the night is over. I've done this a couple of times the last 2 months or so, and I have to say I'm so glad its happened. My circle of friends has grown so much...I've met an amazing bunch of ppl whom I love partying with!

Things I think that kill the vibe...snobby ppl, dickheads who think they're the world, women who think they're Oscar-calibre actresses thus it being beneath them to talk to anyone, ppl passing out on drugs.

And of course...the dude AndWhySee!

I don't fit into any of your categories, but I am not racist and do not think it is fare of you to say that, especially #3. Although I apprecciate honesty, I AM offended even though you said not to be.

I think a good crowd is one that lacks racist people who think that their "shit don't stink." I also think a good crowd is one where people apprecciate the music and other people around them.

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

Hmmmm . . . . sounds like something the_greatest or the dicklicker would say. Come on!! Is that seriously the BEST you can do?? We've heard all these racist shit the first time you came on the board as hixwithdix!! Can't you get a lil' creative?? Jeesh! rolleyes.gif

And if I made a mistake (which is very seldom tongue.gif ) then . . . YOU'RE A RACIST ASSHOLE.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

How the FUCK do you expect people not to get offended when you are not only discriminating on the basis of age and race but also on physical appearences.

BTW. Judging by your criteria you will probably not get in cause you are probably one of those 50 year old dickheads yourself.

BIATCH !!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Save the Drama fo ya Mama

100% Originality.

This can translate into everything from dress to attitude, to vibe, to reaction to new tracks.....Freaks, weirdos, dwarfs, whatver it's all good, they all help to enhance the atmosphere. I can go to Roosevelt Field Mall and see everyone who is exactly the same.....why do I wanna see that at a club?

Id rather play for ten really really cool peeps that can appreciate music than 10,000 herbs begging for zombie nation!

1. fat females

4.people over 28.

Hmm.. Sounds like the Sound Factory to me.. Minus the Juice Heads of course..

------------------

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service..