Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yo who likes our party @ avalon now? ?? ?

not really thugz

actually THING wannabees and more so just people who have been led to belive what they are hearing is HIP HOP

Its not

they are hearing RAP

theres a big differance

Hip hop is a culture. The music is actually GOOD. it has creativity. a skill that you can pick out instantly and you can even hear the words in the music.

Rap however...... while sitting at the Clearchannel studio in NYC, we played a new release from a new rapper. The girl sitting next to me who has been in radio for 13 years was tryingto understand most of the song.

It wasn't on air yet, and wont be until about Feb 2008. Even still. the point is that RAP sucks

HIP HOP however is something that needs to be BACK in thisscene

exactly the problem

the promoter is just booking djs

he is then telling the djs only a few days before the night that they have to bring people

im sure around 12 midnight a couple people were walking around saying

get some people here, use your cell phones bla bla

we will let them in for free

its funny when the staff leaves before the party is over isnt it?

not really thugz

actually THING wannabees and more so just people who have been led to belive what they are hearing is HIP HOP

Its not

they are hearing RAP

theres a big differance

Hip hop is a culture. The music is actually GOOD. it has creativity. a skill that you can pick out instantly and you can even hear the words in the music.

Rap however...... while sitting at the Clearchannel studio in NYC, we played a new release from a new rapper. The girl sitting next to me who has been in radio for 13 years was tryingto understand most of the song.

It wasn't on air yet, and wont be until about Feb 2008. Even still. the point is that RAP sucks

HIP HOP however is something that needs to be BACK in thisscene

exactly..... i think alot of people are just so brainwashed with mainstream rap, and reggaeton which isn't that different if you look at it, but it all comes down to this false bullshyt ideology of fame,sex,money,power,etc

Is Avalon making money or not. Why dont a another club or new people buy the club. Shut it down and redo the club from top to bottom and make it a world class nightclub like Pacha.Fog ,machine ,laser light shows and dancers and Plasma TV or flat Panel screens.

pacha isnt world class

its just really really BIG.

say for example there was only ONE floor in pacha..... would it be any different.

world class IMO is where all the big named djs come from outta the country and outta state to play........ and if you look at the calender, that isnt Pacha.

I know a number of djs who contact me on a weekly basis whom want to get onto my radio station, the frist thing they tell me is of their weekly spot or regular spot at pacha.

To me , djing at pacha is a waste of time. Theres so many djs in there and so few people going FOR the djs, even if i played there twice a week, still no one would know my name.

The same goes for these other djs contacting me.

the reason its not just shut down and bought out by someone else is .... business smarts

its already a place that has very little if any traffic

the current owners arent making anything on it so why would someone else take it by the reigns if it has nothing really to offer the public.

Since there is a LEASE agreement in place, they cant break it.

If someone wants it, theyll have to wait til that runs out.

----------------

Now playing: My Vision Of Dancefloor #01 Mixed By VERSUS 5

Went to Avalon on TGE to see Eddie Halliwell and others and let me tell you

something, I have never seen Avalon in the shape it is now from all my years going there. They had to set everything up on stage instead of DJ booth

because its all torn up. I am not even sure if they are trying to fix it or what.

Place was almost empty considering that it can hold thousands.The way they are going,its not going to last. On the other hand Eddie and Co. absolutely

rocked that place. What a night of great music and I just dont understand why they could not fill that room with line up like that. Oh well...more room for me to bust a move.

Is the Spider Room still open?

It was this room at the top like in the attic. used to be the vip room. had its own entrance sometimes.

that room was always a joke

seriously no need for it

the only way you can get it is if you reserve tables for a large group, and server only bottles to the tables???

why is it in a nightclub?

why not just server a dinner too with butter and bread to start off?

oh wait,,, thats just down the street (olive garden)

iahve been to this place many many times

i have NEVER actually SEEN it open

I have gotten many many invites, requests to join / help a promotional group doing a party in that room, and i have NEVER seen it go longer then the one night.

thank god i never got involved with it.

and the room was marketed to be For the most exclusive entry people only.

reall?...... thats like throwing an "Industry party" and inviting all these general people.

Industry is people who mean something TO the music / entertainment industry

not the people chasing them.

so what exactly were these Exclusive Clientel anyway?

that room was always a joke

seriously no need for it

the only way you can get it is if you reserve tables for a large group, and server only bottles to the tables???

why is it in a nightclub?

why not just server a dinner too with butter and bread to start off?

oh wait,,, thats just down the street (olive garden)

iahve been to this place many many times

i have NEVER actually SEEN it open

I have gotten many many invites, requests to join / help a promotional group doing a party in that room, and i have NEVER seen it go longer then the one night.

thank god i never got involved with it.

and the room was marketed to be For the most exclusive entry people only.

reall?...... thats like throwing an "Industry party" and inviting all these general people.

Industry is people who mean something TO the music / entertainment industry

not the people chasing them.

so what exactly were these Exclusive Clientel anyway?

As the slang goes:

I hear ya motherfucker! And I'm down with ya!

I know where you are coming from, but that's club business. unfortunately............................!:clap2: