Clubplanet Nightlife Community

does MDMA mess up your back??

i have done it for a while and i have some back pains here and there

bt i have heard it drains your spinal fluid or somethin someone else tells me that it twists your spine in an awkward position..

and i have a few older friends that have stopped doin it for the most part and pretty much all of em have bad backs

???? any reliable info ??

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

GUESTLST @ exit, tunnel, sound factory 201-725-8858

(oasis guestlst)

my lower back always kills a couple of days afterwards but I think this has more to do with being on my feet dancing for several hours - a shock to a system which has become very sedentary.....

but maybe I'll try the pooh preventative medicine approach this time.

------------------

Eyelets are the new black

yea one day a couple weeks ago i was just arond the house and a very sharp pain hit my back... like so sharp i layed down for 2 hours... could be dancing or that i sit like a asshole in this chair infront of the computer 24/7

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

GUESTLST @ exit, tunnel, sound factory 201-725-8858

(oasis guestlst)

From what I believe it stays in your spinal cord. I never had back problems until I was doing it. I do now and I constantly crack my back. I stopped dropping a while ago and I still feel little things like teeth chattering. So no more for me not to bring anyone down - but - been there done that.

------------------

It's all in the music

so this weekend see what you're doing - dancing wildly for hours non-stop with a back that is used to sitting in a chair at work or at home in front of the TV?? or monged out on a sofa in a club in a strange position without moving for ages??

of course it could just be the drugs!! choices, choices....

------------------

Eyelets are the new black

Actually, it does not stay in the base of your spine..that's lsd..but for the most part many hits are sometimes laced with acid so chances are if you are one of those who say "i'd never do acid..but i do xtc"..um..you probably have already done acid..most definitely.

As for the back pain, i think this is just from putting strain on your back dancing all nite, who knows..

But in terms of your mind.. it def does cause major havok;(.. we all know it.. takes your brain at least a full two weeks to get anywhere near it's normal seratonin levels.. if you drop regularly...even longer... takes a good full 6 months to a year to set your brains chemicals back to normal.

ok enough of the intervention.. happy topic anyone?

jsc

It is a myth that e messes up you're back!

And for who ever said xtc is sometimes laced with lsd? That is such a lie! I wish! If you don't believe me goto dancesafe.com and look at the 2000 pill report!! There was not one pill found with acid in it! Therefore, I think the reason your back is hurting you is because you are prolly much more active when you rollin face like a mofo!!!

------------------

})i({ SmilePimpette })i({

nod smilepimpette...the whole thing about e and your back is a myth, if you check good sources you'll find this further reaffirmed...the back pain is usually a result of the dancing and the abuse you put your body through while on e, as youve probably noticed, you seem to accumulate bruises and sores on e all the time from hitting something and not noticing....

Originally posted by smilepimpette:

It is a myth that e messes up you're back!

And for who ever said xtc is sometimes laced with lsd? That is such a lie! I wish! If you don't believe me goto dancesafe.com and look at the 2000 pill report!! There was not one pill found with acid in it! Therefore, I think the reason your back is hurting you is because you are prolly much more active when you rollin face like a mofo!!!

I've had plenty of pills laced with acid. They are out there & I've candyflipped like that.

------------------

web.gif I'm still here, I just abandoned my body...

shadowchaser076@aol.com

eh pimpette

i know for FACT that some pills are either dipped or laced w/ acid..not a myth. pills can have any form of mdxx..speed/amphetamine sulfate..ephedrine, crystal meth, mescaline, lsd, dxm, dob u name it. never know what is out there

Wow some of the incredible rumors here regarding the usuage of E. I like parkinsons the best I think or pills laced with heroin. Not to offend anyone, but if you haven't done research on the effects please don't go posting rumors.

Rumor #1: MDMA can cause Parkinson's disease

False. MDMA does not cause Parkinson's disease. This rumor apparently got started when a sloppy journalist reported on an incident where some people took a contaminated synthetic opiate that caused neural damage similar to parkinson's disease. The contaminated opiate was MPTP, but the journalist mistakenly reported that it as MDMA. MPTP has no chemical relation to MDMA.

What about fake pills?

While some fake pills are dangerous, none have been known to cause Parkinson's disease.

Rumor #2: MDMA drains your spinal fluid

False. Some clinical studies on MDMA have been done by withdrawing some spinal fluid from laboratory animals (and occasionally humans) in order to measure the amount of serotonin metabolite present. This has led to the strange rumor that taking MDMA will drain your spinal fluid. We have spoken to a number of doctors who have assured us that the only way spinal fluid could drain out of one's spinal column is through some kind of hole, either from a spinal tap or some kind of physical injury. It is MDMA research, therefore, not MDMA, that can drain your spinal fluid!

What about back-aches?

People often dance for long periods of time while on MDMA. This can lead to muscle aches, especially in the back, as dancing utilizes back muscles which normally don't get much exercize.

Rumor #3: Ecstasy pills often contain heroin

False. Thousands of pills have been analysed in laboratories by law enforcement agencies as well as harm reduction programs, and no pill has ever contained heroin. Many other adulterants have been found in ecstasy tablets, like speed, ephedrine, ketamine, and others. But never heroin. This is because heroin is more expensive than MDMA, and it would not be profitable for manufacturers or dealers to put heroin into ecstasy pills.

What about "mashy" pills?

Some ecstasy pills contain adulterants like Ketamine or MDE, which can make you feel stoned and have less energy. Also, taking too many stimulants can lead to a crash that makes you feel extremely tired and spacey. This "mashed out" feeling is not because there was heroin in your pills.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

I've had plenty of pills laced with acid. They are out there & I've candyflipped like that.

I seriously doubt it. Did you have the pill tested? If not you can't say it was acid just because you had visuals. go to dancesafe.org and you will see for youself.

As for it messing up your back that is one of the biggest myths about E. like I said earlier go to www.dancesafe.org and you will get all the info you need.

Originally posted by saintjsc:

eh pimpette

i know for FACT that some pills are either dipped or laced w/ acid..not a myth.

Do you realize that one drop of A (from an eyedropper) is enough to mess you up for over 12 hours. And you're saying they "dip" pills in acid??? Think about that for a second. No offense, but i think you're wrong. Next time you get a hit that you think is laced or has been dipped why don't you send some of it to dancesafe for testing. Then you would find out the truth.