Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Giants in February Mets in October

oldtimer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not taking it away.. im implying the fine giants defense caused the choke :)

it wasnt a choke man.....it was a tight game the entire time. giants won it with a great drive at the end of the game and it wasn't the pats defense missing plays, it was the giants o finally making GREAT plays. dont forget the pats barely beat them the last game in the season

enough about this though...think what you will

dont be mad just because only NY had faith in the giants.... :boohoo:

this post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever I can not believe I am wasting my time responding...you should be forever banned from posting ANYTHING sports related...you give chicks who may actually know a thing or two about sports a bad name..now run along and go play in traffic

this post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever I can not believe I am wasting my time responding...you should be forever banned from posting ANYTHING sports related...you give chicks who may actually know a thing or two about sports a bad name..now run along and go play in traffic

I do know about sports....Maybe not a ton about football, but I do know that a lot of people thought the giants were gonna be out a long time before the superbowl....nm I guess I may not have worded it correctly.... :-P

theres proabably 6 teams better than the mets in the AL

nah dude. I mean, Boston is definitely better and you could maybe make the case the Yankees and Cleveland are as well but that's it really. Detroit might score 1100 runs this year but their pitching is not good at all. Other than Verlander and maybe Bonderman (shoulder problems)they have holes. Dontrelle was horrible last year and pithing in that division in the AL hell be wore most likely. And I hear Zumaya is nowhere near where he was 2 years ago.

Mets look very good right now. Obviously Johan is gonna be great in the NL and they have two great situations with both Pedro and O. Perez pitching in contract years so they'll be motivated even more. And if Maine can pitch aywhere near where what he did in the first half of last year...

Plus they get Duaner Sanchez back this year who i heard is pitching it sick in ST yo. The only thing is they're pretty weak in the corner OF spots but its not really a big deal.

i'd be really surprised if they didnt win their division and ultimately go on to the Yankee Invitational. But if the Phillies win again then lol. i like how beltran was all like 'you tell 'em the METS are the team to beat this year!' ok relax tiger that line was used last year lets move on

so, in summary:

[x] 3 teams in the AL better than the mets

[x] detroit not as good as advertised

[x] mets win division and go to Yankee Invitational

[ ] Mets win Yankee Invitational

[ ] Haze is white

[x] NY Giants fans multiply by the millions across the country

[ ] CP survives comeback tour

[x] Haze is actually an AZN

That would be an excellent point jon if the WS had actually started in 2000. however, there exists a period of time that you might not be too familiar with and that some wacky historians refer to as the "20th century" which is also when the World Series began (1903).

the yankees have appeared in 39 or 40(?) WS' since its inception I think So, ~35%? whatever.

anyway, i think the Mets should first try making the playoffs before envisioning such grand accomplishments such as the YI. baby steps, people. gl though, i think the division is yours this year.

nah dude. I mean, Boston is definitely better and you could maybe make the case the Yankees and Cleveland are as well but that's it really. Detroit might score 1100 runs this year but their pitching is not good at all. Other than Verlander and maybe Bonderman (shoulder problems)they have holes. Dontrelle was horrible last year and pithing in that division in the AL hell be wore most likely. And I hear Zumaya is nowhere near where he was 2 years ago.

Mets look very good right now. Obviously Johan is gonna be great in the NL and they have two great situations with both Pedro and O. Perez pitching in contract years so they'll be motivated even more. And if Maine can pitch aywhere near where what he did in the first half of last year...

Plus they get Duaner Sanchez back this year who i heard is pitching it sick in ST yo. The only thing is they're pretty weak in the corner OF spots but its not really a big deal.

i'd be really surprised if they didnt win their division and ultimately go on to the Yankee Invitational. But if the Phillies win again then lol. i like how beltran was all like 'you tell 'em the METS are the team to beat this year!' ok relax tiger that line was used last year lets move on

so, in summary:

[x] 3 teams in the AL better than the mets

[x] detroit not as good as advertised

[x] mets win division and go to Yankee Invitational

[ ] Mets win Yankee Invitational

[ ] Haze is white

[x] NY Giants fans multiply by the millions across the country

[ ] CP survives comeback tour

[x] Haze is actually an AZN

I stand by my original statement

I live in WA but Im from NY.....yes yes, a new yorker that loves the bosox??

Well I had the NYY and the Mets to choose from. And I hate the Yankees and the mets lol please :)

My bestfriend (whos also from NY) and I always have fights about our teams haha all good times!

Ahhhh...well, im from NY originally and i'm a Sox fan :clap2:

I saw your boy Jacoby last night...he was looking finnnnne ;)