Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Scribble, The best DJ In the World?

Can we all not agree on one fact that DJ Scribble is the best DJ on the face of this planet. Is it that difficult for all of yous to realize that he is by far the best at what he does and no one and I do mean No one comes anywhere remotely close to his skills. No it's true, it's true.

Hey man F**K off. I personally Love DJ Scribble. I watch him on MTV every chance I get and think he's way better than any of the people you discuss on this board. Peters, PVD, S & D, whatever the hell other DJ names that you guys discuss. In my opinion DJ Scribble is waaaaaaaay better than all these guys put together. He is the true master of his craft.

Skribbs happens to be a real close friend of mine, and he gets bashed a lot when he plays house because of his hop hop roots. But he can spin house....Most people are used to hearing him on MTV where his music is all programmed..... smile.gifwink.giffrown.gif;(:P;P

------------------

Underground will live forever baby.

Personally, I'm no fan of Scribble, but if you are, congrats... anyway about four years ago- before he got the MTV gig I used to see him all the time at Metropolis (it's right near where I live) He used to do this trick where he would scratch continuously while he took off his shirt. Hehe, I always wondered why he never did it on television... maybe he's self-conscious.

For all you guys dissing Skribble...

i felt the same way but after last weekend have gained an ounce of respect for him.

I live in atlanta now and saw him spin at a massive called future fest...he spun mostly progressive stuff to a little hard house and everything in between...

its wasnt an mtv gig, it was for real and he was good...also at teh end of the set he came out and said, some thing like

"MTV is my day job, this is what i do at night and this i what i love to do. " and then something like "iu dont really believe in that britney spears n sync crap, this is what music is really about""

after that statemnet and whatching him spin behind his back, i have gained a small amount of respect back for the man.....

plus, if he wasnt good do you think he could get on MTV in the first place?

guys im sorry you dont like him, if i hadnt seen him in atl id think the same but anyways i doubt he would ever go to ny to play anything but that mtv stuff...kinda sucks but he wuoldnt cuz mtv pays better than a little massive somewhere....

oh yeah all of futurefest was cool ex cept Carson Daly doing a story for mtv news on teh dance music scene in america..how fucked up..i bet it never airs...

i saw scribble at metropolis too a few times and i have to say he put on a fun performance considering hes from queens too he was extra psyched which made it even better but he plays a lot of commercial house u know... but hes a cutie smile.gif i saw that too when he takes off his shirt while continuously scratching he has nice abs!!!!! wink.gifhe needs to show them off more smile.gif plus he shouted me and my friend out b/c we were dancing on the speakers wink.gif

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

the first time i actually took the time to listen to something skribble worked on was sum shit called MDMA w/Anthony Acid. It was pretty commercial but i still thought it was some aiite shit.

------------------

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also you're drunk

I'm glad to see that people are recognizing Q-Bert as the scratch master!!! He's a Filipino brother that's keeping it real!!!

Anyways, I got my opinion about Scibbles from MTV, which apparantly was wrong. I guess I should give the guy a chance at a legit club before passing judgement. THe problem I have is making blanket statements saying that he is the best in the world, without considering anybody else. That my friend, is true.

------------------

"Get busy living or get busy dying."

yeah a twinge of sarcasm...but you have tro admit, when he gets going if youvbe seen him live like i have, hes good. hes not as good as most of our favorite DJs but he has skill.

umm i still despise the fact that he goes commercial and plays for the masses, but i respect that he comes back to playing progressive stuff at nights, of course he should spin under a different name at nights because its copletely different stuff....

anyway, after him came BT and that man was simply playing tapes and banging his keyboard, the least he could ahve done is synchronize his fingers with the music...and ELECTRONIC BeatMtching??? come on....

DJ Scribble is the MAN !!! He is sooo the MAN that while he is not busy selling his commercial ass on MTV he does gigs at Colleges for $30,000 and plays crappy hip hop song remixes. How do I know this ? Cause he played at our College and he sucked !!!!

Still he is the MAN...not to mention the best DJ in the world.

BTW. When is DJ Scribble spinning next at Twilo or Exit ??? wink.gif

------------------

hempleaf.gif

"I want to get high, so high" (Cypress Hill)

i heard skribble spin in cancun this past spring break. he was off the wall. he was spinning like a mad man. we left the club at around 8 and he was still pumping. and to consider the shitty equipment that they had in the dj booth. Clearly out of hand.

he does gigs at Colleges for $30,000

nah, he just does it for like $5000-$10,000.

just a quick correction. i respect the fact that he can cross style between hip hop and electronic music, but you can't really compare him to all the top european DJs.

(i think the person that started this thread just wanted drama). smile.gif

keep it real

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

You f**kin' kidding me? He's the worst house dj ever. May be good for scatching hip hop on eMpTyVee but that's about it. I think that Meritt would teach him a thing or two but that ain't saying much about Meritt.

Get real rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by shterenta:

Can we all not agree on one fact that DJ Scribble is the best DJ on the face of this planet. Is it that difficult for all of yous to realize that he is by far the best at what he does and no one and I do mean No one comes anywhere remotely close to his skills. No it's true, it's true.

------------------

Nestor

"That's House!"