Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Calderone

Well for 5/6yrs his weekly parties were at Roxy and gear towards the gay crowd. ANd hes said it himself that he didnt want to stay just with that type of sound. So evolve is only a few yrs and a monthly, dont know if its time for classics. But would be cool to see calderone play classics in terms of his roots. Wonder what all those yrs on juniors dancefloor would sound coming from him. Superchumbo did a classics set at cielo and boy was it great.

• 1 month later...

ok, went to Pacha on Saturday to hear Victor. Let me say I am old club head from the early 90s. I started my clubbing at Tunnel, Roxy, Twilo and Sound Factory with Peters. Since earlier this decade, I slowed down considerably since I am now 34, married and have 2 kids. I went out on Saturday with Wifey to celebrate her B-Day and ended up in Pacha. Got there at 3 a.m. and stayed until 8 a.m. I was excited to hear Calderon and curious to see what was done to the SF space. I have not been here in years. First, I was suprised to see that the space itself is exactly the same as SF, except Peters was not spinning. The crowd, the design, even the flag hanging outside was the same. The dark, evil feel with all the open drug use was probably even more noticeable than I remember. I had a good time with the wife but now thinking back on the night, I have to say I was so dissapointed with the music. I would categorize it, at least for the time I was present, as strictly "Juice-head" music with repetive beats and the ocassional blast of bass. There were no vocals, melody or rythmn. I have to assume Victor was spinning during the hours I was there and I kept waiting for it to get better but never did. I was considering going to Hamptons to hear him there but probably will not. Overall, just wondering if he spun this type of music b/c of crowd at Pacha, which is same as SF? Or if his sound has now changed completely.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

APR4DRESIZED.jpg

Deko Lounge *Sessions Sat 4/4 | Victor Calderone | Ladies Free Till 11

Saturday 4.4.09

*Sessions "Evolves"

Music by

V I C T O R C A L D E R O N E

victorcalderone.com