Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yEaa.. the big bald black man is comin.. CARL COX meet up!!

ME!! ME!! wave.gif I'll be there!! I'll be wearing . . . ummm . . . I dunno yet. worried.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

- Robert Frost angel.gif

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 08-30-2000).]

Originally posted by cazz926:

Carl Cox, really?

I love him, but no offense, the crowd at Twilo is pretty crappy.

But Carl Cox, really?

What do you mean by really.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Keebler (edited 08-30-2000).]

cazz, yes really, he is going to be there! he is there, actually, monthly/bi-monthly at twilo.

the crowd at carl cox has been so chill. i've gone for over a year now for his parties, and have never been disappointed. but with any crowd at any club, you know it always is the best after 4-5 am, when the true headz stick around, and the music gets so much harder/better.

try to come out, carl cox is amazing, and he has so much energy when he spins, unlike PvD who just stands there like a fuckin zombie (still love the man).

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by Keebler:

What do you mean by really.

KEEBLER...YOUR SIGNATURE ROCKS!!!!!!

That's my favorite show!!! I am simpsons rainman (or rainwoman) it's a little sad, really,

Sorry, I got excited.

I meant "really" as in a state of disbelief.

B/C I know he doesn't spin in NY.

So, I asked "really" because I am in state of disbelief, it's very exciting stuff, like

that cool signature of yours.

------------------

Din Da Da

the crowd at Twilo is pretty crappy.

Fuck the crowd ... CARL is there, I'M there ... TREVOR is there, I'M there ...

i'll be rocking some flip flops,a pair of clamdiggers & a 95.5 MoJo radio clothe painters hat ... says whats up, if you see me ... smile.gif

no, i'm just playing, not sure what i'm wearing yet wink.gif

------------------

eye.gif

KEEBLER...YOUR SIGNATURE ROCKS!!!!!!

That's my favorite show!!! I am simpsons rainman (or rainwoman) it's a little sad, really,

Sorry, I got excited.

I meant "really" as in a state of disbelief.

B/C I know he doesn't spin in NY.

So, I asked "really" because I am in state of disbelief, it's very exciting stuff, like

that cool signature of yours.

Thanks, I was actually trying to just get a picture of Monty Burns but the rest of the crowd was included. I have to shrink it a little.

Anyway, CC plays Twilo the first friday every other month, but I have yet to see him there. I did get to see him in Ibiza though and he rocked it smile.gif Maybe I'll get there in November.

YEAH...GOOD QUESTION.....I WANNA GO BACK TO VINYL, BUT IV'E ALWAYS HAD A GOOD VIBE TOWARDS C.COX....IV'E NEVER HEARD HIM LIVE THOUGH, WHAT DOES HE SPIN....SORRY IF IT'S A STUPID QUESTION BUT C.COX I'M NOT AS FAMILAR WITH, BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE.

The Twilo Firdays e-mail said Bryan Zentz is performing live. Guess that means 909s and such. Could be cool.

As for Carl Cox he spins hard house. The original three turntable DJ. He spins base like no other. Always fun, guaranteed.

[This message has been edited by bmlewis (edited 08-30-2000).]

Originally posted by cesarleo:

C.COX....IV'E NEVER HEARD HIM LIVE THOUGH, WHAT DOES HE SPIN....SORRY IF IT'S A STUPID QUESTION BUT C.COX I'M NOT AS FAMILAR WITH, BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE.

CC spins real thumping TECH-house, real high energy shit ... Definitely get familiar with Carl , he's the man

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

Hola, I'm coming from San Francisco this weekend and I was thinking about going to Twilo, is the crowd really that bad? I'm just looking for a place to have fun and dance and Carl Cox slams. I'll probably be rollin' for the first time in a while and it'll be just me and a friend, so I don't want a bunch of meatheads sending out negative vibes and spoiling the fun. Thoughts? Advice? Cookie Recipes?

Thanks,

Tavo

Originally posted by ockycastro:

Hola, I'm coming from San Francisco this weekend and I was thinking about going to Twilo, is the crowd really that bad? I'm just looking for a place to have fun and dance and Carl Cox slams. I'll probably be rollin' for the first time in a while and it'll be just me and a friend, so I don't want a bunch of meatheads sending out negative vibes and spoiling the fun. Thoughts? Advice? Cookie Recipes?

Thanks,

Tavo

Don't listen to everything you hear. I think too many people on this board are quick to put a place down if it's not their club of choice.

I think Twilo has a really good crowd. Everytime I go I meet tons of cool people. Trust me you'll have a lot of fun with the best sound system in the world and an always crazy crowd.

------------------

3dhomer_dance.gif

Originally posted by ockycastro:

Thanks,

Tavo

dont listen to everything you hear. twilo is one of the most popular clubs in the world (as is the equally despised/loved sound factory, exit, and tunnel) so it is not really a *bad* place, no matter what the detracters think. if you have a bad time, its your own fault. i never have a bad time at any of the above mentioned venus, bc i know how to have a good time. go. have fun.

------------------

i love music!

Carl Cox is amazing!! Saw him for the first time at the ULTIMATE BASE anniversary and he blew the roof off!!

Personally, I think Twilo has the best crowd BY FAR (I'm comparing to Limelight, SoundFactory, etc). You actually have ppl going to listen to the music and not just to hook up, etc. Anyway, for any would-be bashers that just MY OPINION. smile.gif

I'm not sure what I'll be wearing, but Kitty19, I'm sure a purple wig is easy to spot. How about a meet-up near the power bar (yet again)?

------------------

Abstainer. A weak man who yields to the temptation of denying

himself a pleasure.

-- Ambrose Bierce "The Devil's Dictionary"

Agreed. I've been fairly regular at Twilo for over two years and I've never had a problem. I mind my own business and have a good time and generally meet lots of cool and intelligent people, especially at the less popular nights. If you've never been, I think the sound system will blow your mind, especially with the world's best DJ on it (personal opinion of course).

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

Fuck the crowd ... CARL is there, I'M there ... TREVOR is there, I'M there ...

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. I don't know how many times I've said something like that to my friends. I've missed one Cox party in his two plus years at Twilo. The man is a guaranteed good time and a great guy. I'm just happy that he plays on Twilo's sound system and it's always a bonus when they get good talent to follow him.