Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ibiza advice

I am looking for the cheapest way to get to ibiza in august without using a tour package. anyone have any ideas? i am trying to make all arrangements from NYC. could really use some help...

thanks!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly flying to Barcelona then getting the ferry. Not sure though.

When you get there look for a hotel, you can get some good deals if yuo just turn up, it's risky though. cwm1.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

The ferry from barcelona isn't much cheaper than a flight, and it is 8 hours overnight vs. an hour. Its well worth the $150 per ticket.

You can't get airfare for less than $1000 total, no matter what way you try. I used economytravel.com the past two years, and cheaptickets.com this year. I booked in early February and got round trip to barcelona for $779, and then round trip to ibiza for $150.

It is late may already so you probably can't get that fare.

As for hotels, contact festivetravel.com

and send them an email with your specifications. The hotel we stay at is in Ibiza-town, on a hill adjacent to D'alt villa, has a sea view, and sleeps 4 per room. It runs about 70$ a night, and there is no air conditioning. (this is only an issue if you plan on spending any time in your room at all)

I'm sure there are cheaper places in San Antonio, but I wouldn't stay there myself knowing that I have had great experiences in I-town without all the drunken people spilling into the streets and yakking off their hotel balconies.

Also check for rooms in Playa d'en bossa if you plan on spending time at the disco beach. Less travelling during the day at least.

If you want to save money on clubbing make some good friends at some of the bars beforehand and they can give you comps or reduced tickets into the clubs.

Good luck.

thanks for all the responses. Now in terms of dates of my trip, I am planning it for the first week in August. August is still happening, correct? Also, if I am only staying for 2 or 3 nights, which clubs/bars/beaches are essential to visit? I could use all the advice I can get since I don't personally know many people who have been there.

• 2 weeks later...

Start at ibiza-spotlight.com

Click on the nightlife tab, and then the

club listings tab.

Then choose from the events going on.

Here are my picks:

If you're going to be there on a Monday you should definitely go to Manumission at Privilege.

During the daytime you can check out Space (I think sundays are probably the best day to go).

As for tuesdays...if you like Oakenfold go to Pacha, otherwise I think god's kitchen at Amnesia should be the best event going on.

Wednesdays...Renaissance at Privilege.

Thursdays...Cream at Amnesia

Friday...Ministry of Sound at Amnesia

Saturday...not sure

Sunday night...Judgement Sundays at Eden or Home at Space.

The best thing you can do is save every club flyer that people hand you. (And they promote all day and all night so you will get many!)

The flyers usually save you some pesetas at the door, or you can buy tickets ahead of time to the places you want to go.

And pick up the free Mixmag or Ministry guides because they contain a lot of info about places to go and events. Most stores and restaurants keep them near their cash registers.

Also, make friends with some British people and some of the people that work in the preparty bars. They are fun to party with and have more information, and can sometimes get you comps into clubs.

Ok here's mine

Monday either cocoon or Manumission (or both)

Cocoon Closing - Sven Väth, Richie Hawtin, Hardfloor live, Derrick Carter, Ricardo Villalobos

Tuesday

Yeh Pacha for Oakenfold or Godskitchen or the Manumission Carry on.

Wednesday

Subliminal Session at Pacha

Subliminal Sessions Closing - Darren Emerson, Erick Morillo, Harry Choo Choo Romero, Layo & Bushwacka

Thursday

Cream @ Amnesia

Friday

Ministry of sound Rulin @ Pacha

Ministry of Sound, Rulin 10th Anniv. - main: Graeme Park. Jazzy M. Gareth Cooke

zenith: Mr C. Marc Hughes

Satuday

Not sure yet.

Sunday has to be Space

Sundays @ Space - Steve lawler, Jason Bye (for us but Sasha is playing most Sundays)

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by prplhz:

Back2Basics-

When are you going that you are going to all of these closing parties? You aren't into Judgement Sundays?

Going Sep 11th to the 18th, nah Judgment sundays arn't my kinda thing... besides why would i give up Lawler, Bye @ Space for Jules at Eden? (is he at Eden or Es Paradise, where ever).

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Hey that's funny, I am going then too... See I really want to go to Judgement Sundays, I know that everyone thinks Jules is Cheesy, but I kind of like him. The other place I def want to go to is Manumission.....

No I'm actually from Boston. That's kind of funny because I think you might be staying in the same Villa as me..... lol What's the name of your Villa?

Are you going on the CNYC trip?????

Carn't remember the name of it. If you are coming on our trip are you a freind of Marcels?

------------------

b2b6.GIF

The trip that was planned by blueangel. I was one of the persons that took over one of the two spots that opened up about 1 month ago. I am going by myself, I don't actually know anybody besides talking to them on the phone or on e-mail/message boards. But I am sure I will be able to make friends, everyone seems very cool, and even if I don't I am going to be in the BEST place on earth, losing my mind (what's left of it).... You live in Chicago? Looking forward to this trip or what?

The trip that was planned by blueangel. I was one of the persons that took over one of the two spots that opened up about 1 month ago. I am going by myself, I don't actually know anybody besides talking to them on the phone or on e-mail/message boards. But I am sure I will be able to make friends, everyone seems very cool, and even if I don't I am going to be in the BEST place on earth, losing my mind (what's left of it).... You live in Chicago? Looking forward to this trip or what?

Yeh me Casey and Jaun have done most of the organising.. (Casey has done most of it, she has been FANTASTIC!)..

Anyway i will be in the 14 people Villa, not sure what it's called.

Yeh i live in Chi-town there is a small contingent coming from here. Am i looking forward to it? HELL YEAH, i have been 7 times before so i know what to expect. It's going to be fantastic.

There is so much choice this year, i am already having problems and quiet a few parties havn't been published yet. Then there are places like DC10 that they don't have on the listings..

Should be mad.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

I'm actually staying in the 14 person Villa too, Casey said she would put me the because I would have the most fun with you guys, since I am going by myself, you guys would be the ones that would show me the best time. The Villa is called Villa Blanca, but there is funny story about that Villa, a bunch of my friends went last year and they stayed in the same Villa.

Casey actually told me that you where one of the persons planning the trip and that you where pretty seasoned in the ways of Ibiza. I can't wait to go, we are going to have the sickest time. Do you do anything for Manumission? I have been hearing that getting dressed up and stuff is the way to go....

I'm actually staying in the 14 person Villa too, Casey said she would put me the because I would have the most fun with you guys, since I am going by myself, you guys would be the ones that would show me the best time. The Villa is called Villa Blanca, but there is funny story about that Villa, a bunch of my friends went last year and they stayed in the same Villa.

Casey actually told me that you where one of the persons planning the trip and that you where pretty seasoned in the ways of Ibiza. I can't wait to go, we are going to have the sickest time. Do you do anything for Manumission? I have been hearing that getting dressed up and stuff is the way to go....

Yeh we have a GREAT Villa, the people who are staying with us are all cool. They all seem cool anyway. Shit that's coincidence about the Villa!! Yeh the Villa looks pretty cool but to be honest we won't be spending much time there, other than a dip in the pool.

Yeh people do all sorts for manumision, i am going to be looking for something. I want to do something a little spesh this year. I want a stage quality pig's nose or something wink.gif But i have a problem that cocoon party is on teh same night. So i am thinking go to the cocoon party early (i love Richie Hawtin) and the on to Manumision (and the follow on party). Lot's of people don't like Manumission, but i love it, i guess it's because of the size of the place. But you will see the most bizzar sights in there!

Just been talking with the PR manager for Space. He sould be able to hook us up with cheap tickets for Sunday (which is a must! Sundays at Space are as much of a tradition as Manumission Mondays).

Anyway email me at dback2basics@aol.com we can chat better then as we are going to be Villa mates smile.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Hey that's funny, I am going then too... See I really want to go to Judgement Sundays, I know that everyone thinks Jules is Cheesy, but I kind of like him. The other place I def want to go to is Manumission.....

You should come up to the CNYC Villas!!

Where you from, the UK? I am origionally form Leeds.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Can i explain why i like judgement sundays???

(i am not dissing space at all, because i will go to both) but...

Eden, since it has been remodeled, has the best soundsystem on the island. The vibe was great, and even though Jules is a bit mainstream the people were nice and the club was comfortable. Ferry Corsten also played an amazing set. And they had lasers.

I guess it reminded me a bit of Twilo.

And the soundsystems at some of the other clubs are pretty weak or distorted. (Privilege on every other night besides manumission has annoying reverb.) so its worth a trip to san an just to go to Eden.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by abgrover:

Friday...Ministry of Sound at Amnesia

Saturday...not sure

Sunday night...Judgement Sundays at Eden or Home at Space.

The best thing you can do is save every club flyer that people hand you. (And they promote all day and all night so you will get many!)

The flyers usually save you some pesetas at the door, or you can buy tickets ahead of time to the places you want to go.

it Ministry this year at Amnesia?? last year was at pacha.

On saturday, i'd suggest take it easy and save some energy to dance 22 hours at space. A good place on saturdays is EL Divino.

Another advice>>> but the tickets for the clubs in advance. You will find people selling them in the port next to the bars. You will get them cheaper than with the flyers, especially for cream and ministry. Those will be expensive anyway / renaisance will be much cheaper because privilege is huge.

------------------

panchodeejay.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey for the missing Saturday what to do, of course it would be Pacha or El Divino when the locals come out!

As for cheap, cheap! Always get a dirt cheap ticket to anywhere in Germany or England and buy a separate ticket via phone or website departing of either city straight to Ibiza. Valencia is the shortest way by ferry to arrive and it arrives in the evening as the Barce arrives in the morning if you like to sleep ferry couché.

As for Manumision...it's more of a visual then a music thing...read what Sven Vath has to say about it in this month's music magazine.

Arrive last minute...not! I am aka Ibiza girl...been there done that. Have done it all! For August...clearly do not show up as you will be staying in drunken San Antoni! August is the highest peak season! Oh yes you will as many Americans do not travel alone for sure...a group is harder to squeeze in as oppossed to one person.

Flyers..f#$% them! Just have a drink at any bar in Ibiza town and you will get hooked up. Play it friendly and don't yak, yak about being from New York...no one cares. Anything goes in Ibiza. Does not matter where you are from...your attitude is all that matters!

As far as dress up...not! You can wear whatever you want. Hanging out in the private area of Amnesia...I have seen many people (talking about the real wealthy people of Ibiza such as celebs, villa owners, shop owners etc...show up in whatever they want...ie..dirty trainers...stone wash jeans...long ponytails on men, etc.). Don't bring the NY attitude and wannabe fashion of trying to wear Burberry, Louis or Gucci...no one cares...as long as you can absorb and talk about the music.

As for beaches...definitely go to Cala D'Hort...that's right where you absorb sun rays in front of Es Vedra possibly the lost Atlantis empire.

Overall...just bring alot of dough...bring comfortable clothes...not too much as you will be shopping your ass off. So pack light..bring lots of cash and keep your NY attitude to yourself.

Ibiza will change your life as it has changed 98% of first time visitors whom never returned home! AS for me...why did I return..well I have a plan!

Oh and...it's a Spanish speaking island as it's a part of Spain..helps if you can speak some spanish to meet the friendly Ibizencos.

------------------

Still Dancing...Ibiza Girl!!!!