Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ibiza advice

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get hotel when you get there but in august it's going to get very crowded -- check this web www.ibizaholidays.com and find list of hotel and phone numbers. They are generally cheap because of the exchange rate now; I stayed at club garbi for $65 including dinner and breakfast. It's a cheesy resort in playa en' bossa full of germans but good location (next to space and bora bora). Advide: stay in ibiza downtown, figuetas or playa d'embossa, not in san antonio.

About clubbing...these are my choices:

sunday, we love.. sundays at Space, no doubt 8am-6am

monday morning, dc10

night, manummsion at privilege (an coco loco at the right)

tuesday morning, manumission carry on at space

night, perfecto at pacha with oakenfold, also timo maas, hernan cataneo..

also release yourself at el divino w/ roger sanchez (didn't go there but could be okay)

wednesday

renaisance at privilege or floam party/troya asesina at amnesia

thursday morning.. matine group at space

night.. cream at amnesia and subliminal sessions at pacha

friday

ministry at pacha

sat morning

ministry at space (terrace) and cafe ole (inside)

you can fill the gaps with bora bora in playa em'bossa or sa trincha in salinas beach but not sleeping... you will get some back home!

another advice... this is a little secret, but this website is not very popular in europe and not too many americans go ibiza (a lot more this year compared to the last 3 years)... go to dome (bar next to the port in ibiza downtown) between 12-2.. if you met the right people you might get lucky and get in the guestlist for some clubs (amnesia) or get free passes for space.

yo, get a flight or go to alicante, Spain. From there you can go to denia, which is about a 2 hour train ride away, and get a 4 hour long ferry ride from there. I went to Ibiza twice from denia, and you can definitely just show up and find a place. If you are worried try booking something from alicante. Sun. morning-Space Mon. night-Manumission at Privelege!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of planning a trip for like Nov of 2002, what is it like then? Is all the craziness over? Any suggestions? I want to experience ALL Ibiza has to offer, but it may not be possible for me to go during the summer....any advise???

Originally posted by roxxy0131

I was thinking of planning a trip for like Nov of 2002, what is it like then? Is all the craziness over? Any suggestions? I want to experience ALL Ibiza has to offer, but it may not be possible for me to go during the summer....any advise???

the big clubs are open from mid june till mid sept. In oct is still warm but there's not much to do.

OK I Know you might think I am crazy but the is more to Ibiza than the superclubs. I just came back from Ibiza last week. It's my second year in a row. I though I could pass on a little knowledge I picked up. A good alternative to Space on Sunday is the Jockey Club in Calla Jondal. Personally I did both. I rocked in the morning @ Space. Lord G and David Morales were spinning on the Terrace. Later that night someone put me on to Calla Jondal. You need a car to get there but it is definately worth it. Also check out Subliminal Sessions @ Pacha on Wednesday. If you guys think Eric Mo is good at Centro Fly wait until you see him turn that place out. Also get your ass over to cafe Mambo before you go out. It's the best way to start off your night. Don't leave the island with out going to Bora Bora Beach bar in d'em Bossa. It is right across the street from Space so you have no excuses. Someone told me about a beach where the afternoons become one large live percussion jam session. It name starts with a "b". I didn't make it over there but maybe you can.

Just got bank from Ibiza and I already want to go back. What a place. I was there last year, this year I like it even more. Went to Amnesia, Bora Bora, Space, Eldivino and Pacha. Pacha is beatiful, the music is out of this world. I got to see 'Puff Daddy' in Ibiza 3 times. Once in Ibiza town, at Pacha, and in the place leaving Ibiza. As far as music, what's happening there is "another chance" by Roger Sanchez and 'happy people' by Static Revenger. I can't wait to go again next year.:cool:

As far as the hotel goes. Lot's of people that I met stayed by Playa d'En Bossa. Most of the hotels there are near the beach, have plenty of rooms, and have a pool. If you stay in Playa d'En Bossa you have 'Bora Bora' and Space very close. I stayed in Talamanca, which they call that area Ibiza Nueva, the (New Ibiza). I stayed in the hotel ROCAMAR, it's a small hotel, about 16 rooms, but it had everything that I needed. Anyways I only used the hotel to sleep and take a shower. El Divino is located about 4 minutes away from the hotel and Pacha about 5. Right next to Rocamar is the Hotel El Corso, which was really big.

As far as when to go remember that the best time to go is early June to late September. Which is also the time the plane tickets are the highest. From Miami, Florida the tickets cost me $950 in August. If I where to go after september they will probably be around $600. From New York it should be less expensive. Keep in mind that most clubs close after september and only Pacha is open the entire year. A girl that works at the hotel that I stayed told me that January and February where the slowest time for them. :)

Hi, some hotels might be cheaper outside of Ibiza town, but again you have to figure the cost to move on a taxi or scooter. Our room was $499 for 5 nights. It came out to $50 a night each, between two people. And that was with a months notice, most people reserve anywhere from 3 to 9 months in advance. Yes, the sooner you buy the tickets the cheaper it should be. If you want lets keep in touch. I am also planning to go again next year. And I have a friend that I met in Ibiza from Washington DC that is also going.

I bought my tix from cheap tickets in february for this past june and it was still around 800 from JFK. Air Europa is always the cheapest. There are no deals. Just go when you want, and pay what you have to for the flight.

I;ve gone the past 3 years and paid between 800 and 1000 to get there. If you want to get there, and go out almost every night for a week or 10 days it is going to cost you about $3000 US dollars. (1000 for the plane, 500 for a reasonable hotel, and $125 a day in expenses.) Plus keep in mind that you're going to want to go shopping (the stores have such cool european stuff) and also possibly rent a car.)

Its worth staying home in NYC every weekend for 6 months just to save money for one week in Ibiza.

You can save money on club admission by making friends with people who host pre-parties and promoters.

Grover, thats about right. Cost of plane average around from $800 - $1400, I paid $950 from Miami, FL. for August. Hotels the same around $500 (total) and daily expenses around $125 - $170 depending on what you do. My first year I stayed 4 days, the second 5 days, but its still not enough. Next year I am going for longer, Ibiza is a place you have to enjoy by living there. Most europeans that I met stayed one week, two, or for a month.:cool:

Originally posted by myventure

Hi, some hotels might be cheaper outside of Ibiza town, but again you have to figure the cost to move on a taxi or scooter. Our room was $499 for 5 nights. It came out to $50 a night each, between two people. And that was with a months notice, most people reserve anywhere from 3 to 9 months in advance. Yes, the sooner you buy the tickets the cheaper it should be. If you want lets keep in touch. I am also planning to go again next year. And I have a friend that I met in Ibiza from Washington DC that is also going.

you'll need to rent car anyway to go to space/bora-bora/privilege/amnesia/salinas. You'll end up spending the same $$ on taxis and wasting your time trying to get them.

Originally posted by roxxy0131

Can anyone tell me what this is and if it's worth the extra money? Or should we just only pay for the room itself, no meals?

i think it's the meals. Most hotels in ibiza include in their rates breakfast and dinner. The food it not very good but they usually have a decent salad bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Not very surprising to see you here :rolleyes:

Listen (or read) closely people, if you plan to go to Ibiza:

YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME ONCE YOU GO TO IBIZA

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK...IT'S LIKE BEING IN CLUBBERS' HEAVEN AND COMING BACK TO TELL...:eek:

correct me if I'm wrong Panchodeejay and Myventure....

I can't wait till next year to go back