Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oscar g at voodoo review...

V. Barbarino

The Official Oscar G At Voodoo Review..

See, i have to start this off with some drama. More and more over the last years I haven't liked the way he plays at Space, just too much of the same. But now i know for sure, that there is little or no reason to ever go see him play at Space. Here is why: Oscar has talent at Space, but it's nothing really special. He takes little or no risks and rarely mixes it up. But once again tonight away from Space, oscar owneddddddddddddddddddddddd that room. I"m talking, classics with some nyc choons with new stuff meshed with disco favorites and hip hop... Just too much fun watching him do his thing outside of Space. Its really a a treat to watch him play to the clueless yet apeal to the clubbers. It just works!

Heres some tunes

GTI - JP <<<< yes it's true he played it!!! sick though i was down the street but AT blew my cell up and was going nuts over it.

appreciate me pr mix

todd terry missing you

fired up

women beat their men, r and g mix I almost fainted when i heard it!!

that no doubt edit is gonna be a commercial monster anthem, and i love it, and so did the crowd, og don't be nervous to play it at space, trust me at the right time, they'll go nuts for it..

50 cent remix, crowd loved it

Goodmen - give it up was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

teased us with revolution but never dropped it, grrrrrrr

pasidilla, still love it

Milkshake, could be Jr v mix, but i don't think so

Time - Murk

I forget the name, but the "take my picture" track sick choon

atleast 5 more major classics..

i'll remember more later

Night was perfect, the ass in there was sick, great crowd, flooded bathrooms but overall perfect.. Oscar ripped it... I think the only major train wreck was the milshake edit which i'm assuming was on cd, i don't think it was the jr mix, so i think the train wreck was a skip on the cd..

3 tracks i need

1:24 am, sick sick sick nyc almost progressive tune

and 2:52am really dope mix of a progressie tune..

also the "house music pheumonia" vox, wow what a great choon.

oscar take that george krantz din da da da wanna be track and throw it out... I think you dropped it around 130am... It really was aweful...

I can't say enough about oscar outside of space, he's just the man.. Sorry og, i know space is your home, but for me and what I like, I would take you spining at mia or voodoo any day of the week. I hope you go back and listen to the radio rip and realize what you did tonight is

EXACTLY WHAT SPACE NEEDS!

STEFFY

TINA

SOBETON

HOG

DUI

BIZ

JASON

AND OTHERS, GOOD SEEING YOUS... I LAUDERALE AIN'T THE place for some of yous, but it was good people and good choons..

I was there, danced up a storm. My stupidass friend disappeared the second we walked in the door, I still don't know/if he got home last night. The music was hot except for that Milkshake crap, God I hate that song. Other than that, it was a great night. Plenty of hot sexy mommas, can't beat it.

Night was perfect huh Salteen ::). well I guess if going to see a boring ass House Dj and not getting even one piece of any of the "ass that was sick in there" is your idea of a good night :-/ (oh sorry my bad you got kiss Oscar G ass all night ;D) then hats off to ya my friend.

Come on Salteen do you expect us to believe that there would actually be even one decent looking girl in the same room as you were in please :-/.

Stop sugar coating those boring as house clubs. nobody is going to believe that they reach anywhere near the energy levels(or amount of hot girls) as a GOOD trance venue.

50 cents remix, come on dude this guy must have access to zillions of records and all he can think of is 50 cents and milk shake remixes what a joke. either that or he figured the people who go to that venue are such dumbasses that they wouldn't know the difference between good house music or bad house music.

I have tons of respect for those guys. they are superstars in there fields. i think it's detrimental to house music  to play bullshit remixes(it insults the people who actually know what good house sounds like) but i guess they have earned the right to.

but oscar g. come on he ain't shit yet. make it someonewhere that matters and maybe then he too can play boring as house remixes ;D

Guest ecpolo521

Once again, people who don't know shit hatin' on djs. >:( I bet OG rocked the place and had people moving their arses off. Nuff said. See you OG this Friday @ Crobar-NYC...can't wait ;D

oscar, don't worry, just look at their screen names, they are kids who just discovered club music 10 minutes ago...

All these trance new jacks selling k and X to each other while rocking the new lethal industry (cheese remix) tiesto crap, then attacking a dj, they probably have never seen, yet holds the record for most #1 tracks in a single year, and when Jr was rocking Twilo, he wasn't playing AVB tracks, Jr played the funky green dogs...

Og may not be my #1 dj, but I can say for sure, NEW JACKS NEED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT FOR SHIT THEY DON'T KNOW, I WAS INTO TRANCE IN THE 90S, BEEN THERE DON'T THAT, I GREW UP, GOT SOBER AND got into HOUSE , BECAUSE I HAVE that [glow=red,2,300]House Music Pneumonia [/glow]

Guest trancemonkey
oscar, don't worry, just look at their screen names, they are kids who just discovered club music 10 minutes ago...

All these trance new jacks selling k and X to each other while rocking the new lethal industry (cheese remix) tiesto crap, then attacking a dj, they probably have never seen, yet holds the record for most #1 tracks in a single year, and when Jr was rocking Twilo, he wasn't  playing AVB tracks, Jr played the funky green dogs...

Og may not be my #1 dj, but I can say for sure, NEW JACKS NEED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT FOR SHIT THEY DON'T KNOW, I WAS INTO TRANCE IN THE 90S, BEEN THERE DON'T THAT, I GREW UP, GOT SOBER AND got into HOUSE , BECAUSE I HAVE that [glow=red,2,300]House Music Pneumonia [/glow]

Wow, this has seriously got to be the most ignorant, most stupid, most incredibly ridiculous shit you have ever posted on this forum. You have just proven to me that you have absolutely no f******* clue what you are talking about. It is so completely and utterly brainless that it does not deserve for me to write one more thing about it. >:(

Hey Salteen instead of trying to brainwash people into likeng your type of muisc why don't you expend your energy trying to brainwash chics and maybe one day you can actually get laid  :D

your saying that people who listen to house don't do k/xtc. get real  there are drugs in every style of music and club venue that exists. so please try to use your brain while posting.

btw you have the biggest ears i have ever seen. :P and don't worry if you recede we reseed.

Guest pod

Oh believe me if it gets anywhere near what that cesspool is the iron hand of the mod is gonna ban whomever is involved, no questions asked.

...why don't you expend your energy trying to brainwash chics and maybe one day you can actually get laid  :D ...

now, thats a high school comment. Sorry Trancetastic, but is the truth ....

Saleen has a big fame, maybe he could be proud of that .... i remember when i first got here that i emailed Nick about who was Saleen and how much i liked his critism, he just sometimes goes "highschooler" too ..

As for what i said before:

there goes another,

f****** sucks ...

i meant that for ME (and everyone knows this) when a house dj or any other EDM dj plays any hip hop remixes .. it sucks for me ...

Oscar G was an inlfuence for me sometime ago, but not anymore, his "style" has changed a lot .. he became too "popular"

50 cent shoudl stay popular, HOUSE music should be "underground", is not for everyone

Guest JMT
Hey Salteen instead of trying to brainwash people into likeng your type of muisc why don't you expend your energy trying to brainwash chics and maybe one day you can actually get laid  :D

your saying that people who listen to house don't do k/xtc. get real  there are drugs in every style of music and club venue that exists. so please try to use your brain while posting.

btw you have the biggest ears i have ever seen. :P and don't worry if you recede we reseed.

ouch!

8)

Guest vanbuurenfan

its assholes like this fool that make it difficult for me to defend the trance genre. 21-22 yrs old, lives with mom. no doubt i love trance music, its not the same as the "shadow" days, and it never will be. but i love it none the less. and i also like house music, on any given night i can blow up almost as much if not more than with trance music. i was there for the murk cd party last year at the old space and it was one of the best nights ever. so i appologize for the few in here that think that a great night is popping 4 pills and hitting repeat on the cd player with "castles in the sky" on. long live trance, long live house. and all u assholes that make people like me look bad, and make it harder to defend it. GO AND FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest JMT

its assholes like this fool that make it difficult for me to defend the trance genre. 21-22 yrs old, lives with mom. no doubt i love trance music, its not the same as the "shadow" days, and it never will be. but i love it none the less. and i also like house music, on any given night i can blow up almost as much if not more than with trance music. i was there for the murk cd party last year at the old space and it was one of the best nights ever. so i appologize for the few in here that think that a great night is popping 4 pills and hitting repeat on the cd player with "castles in the sky" on. long live trance, long live house. and all u assholes that make people like me look bad, and make it harder to defend it. GO AND FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!

that doesnt really help anything.

Guest LeVeL

You see Saleen is right in some way Oscar G doesn't play the same in Space as he plays in other Venues. it seems to me like Oscar has overwhelmed us over the years and suddenly feels that there not too much he can do to top that level of expectation.

I am glad Oscar G played some classics at Voodoo Lounge.....I love when Djs do that......but for hip hop remixes...I am not really feeling that, I love House Music and for him to play a played out song like 50 Cents -In Da Club and Kelis - Milkshake is really a let down hopefully there wont be any new remixes of any LIl Jon or the Ying Yang Twins.....because all these songs have been in rotation for months and that it is so repetitive. There are so much better house tunes out there why doesn't Oscar play these tracks instead.

Yeah I understand the crowd went crazy when they heard In Da club, because basically its a recognizable tune so eventually it will get your attention.I just hope to not hear no more hip hop in a house club.....because thats the reason why I went to a House Music club to get away from all the Hip Hop.