Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Favorite Restaurant....

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

whats your absolute favorite restauraunt, south florida or anywhere....

for me.... "Marcello's" on US 1 in deerfield beach. consistently the best food ive had in south florida.

close runner up..... "Anthony's runway 84" in Ft Laudy.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shannon_coolj.

big pink...always!

moshi moshi on washington ave. --- excellent japanese food and the best part? squeezing the squeeking plastic sharks hanging above your table

bites on wheels -- best health food -- yummy!

and

tokyo bowl in north miami -- how can you beat japanese fast food, ($4 for a meal) and the drive thru -- it's like a japanese mcdonalds! 8)

Guest pod

You guys just don't know.

Katana on 71st St...instant sushi.

Porcao in Brickell....we're on top of the food chain for a reason, and Porcao proves it. It's a PETA restaurant (People Eat Tasty Animals)

Well in Sobe, I like NEXT on Lincoln,

Buco De Peppo on US1 in Ft. Lauderdale

The Cove in Deerfield Beach for the Lobster bisque and Friday happy hour

and for the Free Sushi buffet and and 2 for 1 drinks on Wednesday night: Mai Kai on US1 in Ft. Lauderdale

For higher class: PALS Seafood in Deerfield Beach

okay damn, I need to plan a trip to visit for the food. ;D

speaking of restaurants....

i went to taverna opa last night, the one in hollywood. that place is crazy. but i won't be going there again. they kick you out after you finish your meal. sure, you get one dance on the table, but after that, it's out by the seat of your pants. can't blame 'em...there's like 40 people in the parking lot all night waiting to get in. but it's still a cool place, definitely different. and a chick picked me up there ;D ;D ;D

can't beat that.

Guest coach

In terms of overall value, Nexxt wins hands down. That is, it has the best food at the best price at an astounding quality. For the best fajitas anywhere, I recommend Gradalajara's just outside of Houston. But for good mexican food around here, I'd suggest El Rancho Grande on Pennsylvania, just off Lincoln. For great "comfort" food, you'll want to go to 11th Street Diner on Washington and, you guessed it, 11th. And I highly recommend their salads. For Chinese, I really like Mike's, but I don't know where it is because I only just order for delivery. For the most out-there sandwiches, you want to go to La Sandwicherie, in the alley off 14th, right near Collins. There are just so many good places around here, it all just depends on what you are looking for.

Guest sarahcj

Van Dyk is good, always great value and nice location on Lincoln Road.

BondST for sushi, Joe's Stone crabs, 11th Street Diner, La Factoria and B.E.D.

Guest demo909

casa tua or nobu in miami beach

Casa Tua gets my vote. Super expensive ($38.00 and up entrees) but worth every penny. And they have one of the top wine selections in all of the USA....pretty impressive

Guest web_norah

casa tua or nobu in miami beach

Casa Tua gets my vote. Super expensive ($38.00 and up entrees) but worth every penny. And they have one of the top wine selections in all of the USA....pretty impressive

and the best service in South Beach, i love their menu and the wine list is tres impressive :)

Guest bcnjunkie

Nobu and Yako San in North Miami (authentic japanese), Paquitos for Mexican and Siam River for Thai. I don't find many of the upsacle restaurants that upscale or that they offer anything impressive for the price. The best restaurant here was Mark's in North Miami (I don't know if the one in Miami Beach is open still but that one was good too and Marks FT.Lauderdale isn't anything to rave about). I also like Porcao beacause I'm an active member of PETA, that's how I met POD ;D

Guest web_norah

Porcao is nice but u have to starve for two days before walking in

i still stand behind my Casa Tua nomination. it is a classy place and the food is great, and you get all the presentation in the world. you'd dig BCN

only JMT has a clue..

Anthony's runway 84" in Ft Laudy IS BY FAR THE #1 PLACE TO EAT IN ALL OF FLORIDA, AND I'D SAY TOP 20 PLACES outside LA or NYC....

nothing and i mean nothing compares. guyman will tell ya, it's a slice of heaven..

Ya know, Ive lived here for 3.5 years and never been there but everyone says the same thing..

Guest bcnjunkie

will have to try it but i doubt it will be anything to rave about. The best restaurant I've been in the US was Christopher's in Phoenix (I understand it's part of chain but everything was exceptionally well done) five courses expertly paired with wine, using a combination of American, French and Portugese wine. Best restaurant I've been to in the world was Robouchon and Taillevent in Paris. Runners up, Duquesnoy and Pre Catalan in Paris and Aubergine in London.

to Saleen: I would love to try this restaurant just verify your poor taste. By the way express yourself, it is evident you lack taste.

Guest bcnjunkie

Saleen you want to discuss food with me, bring it on ! I assure you, like most everything you post, I know a lot more. And by food I'm not refering to the crap you more than likely eat.

Guest web_norah

Saleen you want to discuss food with me, bring it on ! I assure you, like most everything you post, I know a lot more. And by food I'm not refering to the crap you more than likely eat.

err i wouldnt enter a food debate with BCN

he kicks ass

dude, i'm 100% Italian with 3 grandparents from the old country. trust me you don't know food. On top of that, Anthonys is the best in florida. I can't cook mac and cheese, but I know good italian food ;)

btw, you are such a loser buddy, you know more?? ok, you win a lollipop...

Guest fairyDust

LMAO...you guys are so funny...anyways yeah Roasted Pepper for some good italian, I also like Joe's Stone Crab and P.F Changs..I'm getting hungry..lol

Guest bcnjunkie

dude, i'm 100% Italian with 3 grandparents from the old country. trust me you don't know food. On top of that, Anthonys is the best in florida. I can't cook mac and cheese, but I know good italian food ;)

btw, you are such a loser buddy, you know more?? ok, you win a lollipop...

LOL ! you mean the NY Italinas that pronounce Mozarella "Mozarell" in the attempt to sound Italian because their ancestry is from "the old country" ! too funny. I've spent extensive time in Italy. My friends in Forti dei Marmi are restauranteurs and deeply involved in the Gem stone and Jewelry business. After graduating from Cordon Bleu in Paris (where not only did I study Culinary but did my internship at both a one and two star Guide Michelin restaurants... of course this means nothing to you because you wouldn't even know what the Guide Michelin is or it's method of rating). Then I spent time in Italy with my friends whose family don't only have incredible Trattorias that make even their own cheese but whom also are oneleogists and know extensively about both. I've also spent time traveling and trying the different wines of spain and have spent time in the culinary clubs of San Sebastian in the Basque country (ask any Spaniard abut the culinary clubs of San Sebastian and see what they tell you). Plus here, besides my 9 to 5, I also work for one of the most prestigeous catering companies in town whose chef has woked for the King and Queen of Spain and was personal chef to the Agha Khan. On top of that I know my table etiquette, formal and informal and I've had small training in Oneology and cheese courses. Your Italian family background (Eurotrash) makes me laugh !