Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Nerve closed/closing???

Guest trancelator

Guest trancelator

Word has it that Jon Cowan is no longer going to be doing events there. So if that is the case, is the club caput? Any of you industry insiders know??

I certainly hope not. I love that underground feeling that nerve has. I have yet to find a place with that vibe. Well, I like Blue, depending on who's spinning. Stingray gets pretty nasty on saturdays. He brings his own drums,lol ;)

Guest pod

Yeah what he said!

Hernan kicks ass. I kinda missed not getting to hear him last time he was in town...I was there to shoot some images of Oakie, but had to split for a wedding shoot before Hernan jammed it out on the terrace.

Guest Cosmigonon

I'll be hanging with the boludos that night.

DALE PIBE!!!!!!!!

BOCA JUNIORS PELOTUDO!!!!

THEY TOTALLY LOST TO ONCE CALDAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Guest shannon_coolj.

yeah, sad that jon's no longer doing events there....

but astro & glyde will be there so hopefully it won't be the end of good djs for nerve!

A&G suck!!! Had many of their sets through the vip guys.

if jon left and my info correct on how the club is set up ownership wise coupled with financials, then it's ova!

But don't see this as a bad thing, come oct, no one would of thought nerve and privilage to still be in business anyways. Just the mistake of club owners thinking sobe is the place to be, when downtown clearly is!

Guest lyrik

Doesn't surprise me...make way for hip-hop very soon...the death of the small EDM clubs in Miami and the eventual move to the hip-hop format to make money...either that or they will become vacant and up for lease. There won't be any smaller venues left soon....with the exception of maybe Blue. This is what I was talking about. You can't be profitable with empty dancefloors and no consistent turnout and support. Space will kill these places off by the end of this year if not sooner....I only hope nocturnal lives up to the hype and offers a great alternative.

Doesn't surprise me...make way for hip-hop very soon...the death of the small EDM clubs in Miami and the eventual move to the hip-hop format to make money...either that or they will become vacant and up for lease. There won't be any smaller venues left soon....with the exception of maybe Blue. This is what I was talking about. You can't be profitable with empty dancefloors and no consistent turnout and support. Space will kill these places off by the end of this year if not sooner....I only hope nocturnal lives up to the hype and offers a great alternative.

So the truth!

Guest pod

I see the future, and it is Downtown Miami. I was in the area today, and you'd be shocked at how many clubs are going up.

Last count, I factor in four or five within the Entertainment District, and a few lounges in the Design District going up.

Anyone looking to open a club, better do it downtown.

Yeah what he said!

Hernan kicks ass. I kinda missed not getting to hear him last time he was in town...I was there to shoot some images of Oakie, but had to split for a wedding shoot before Hernan jammed it out on the terrace.

yep hernan does kick ass. i bet ill change my mind by next week lol

Guest swirlundergrounder

I see the future, and it is Downtown Miami. I was in the area today, and you'd be shocked at how many clubs are going up.

Last count, I factor in four or five within the Entertainment District, and a few lounges in the Design District going up.

Anyone looking to open a club, better do it downtown.

Yep...You're right on about that one. Downtown and the Design District will be jumping really soon.....Personally I hope to see this happen soon. The "Tour-ons" and the cheese balls seem to be all over the place up late. Especially down in SOBE...