Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space, Crobar, NV Breaking News!!!

V. Barbarino

this is not a poll, CJ's board is messed up  

1. 1. this is not a poll, CJ's board is messed up

Crobar NYC and NV have both hired the same company that installed the Alpha Dynacord sound system at Space Miami. The system was originally designed by Louis Puig and installed at Space for WMC 2004. At the time it was the first in the country but now it seems that the rest of the country is catching the Space bug. Crobar NYC swapped half of it's Phazon sound system for the Puig designed system last month and will soon replace the other half. NV just purchased the same system which will be installed on Friday for Danny T. Rain in Vegas also installed the same exact system that is at Space.

Space beat them to the punch again.

*for the record, if you could combine the clarity of mazes funktion with spaces punch, then that would be a system!

Guest web_norah

OH, so for you Danny T peeps, NV should be rocking!

it was rocking during wmc .....in spite of all the problems, both technical and AC

Guest saintjohn
the Puig designed system

louis puig is certainly much more interested in and knowledgeable about sound systems than typical club owners, but he did not "design" the dynacord system. i'm sure he had some degree (probably a lot) of input regarding the actual installation and tuning of the dynacord products in his venue, but most of the credit for the system's performance should go to lord toussaint and infinite audio and, of course, those mad scientist german audio engineers (euro what?) at dynacord. puig may be an evil genius, but his true talent isn't audio - it's business.

Guest pod

I'm wondering whether the Envy rig is a purchase or they just rented one for the evening so Danny would be happy. I can't see the club dishing out the finances required for a system of that magnitude.

Guest LeVeL

I'm wondering whether the Envy rig is a purchase or they just rented one for the evening so Danny would be happy. I can't see the club dishing out the finances required for a system of that magnitude.

I agree, EnVy has to be doing this to make Danny T happy and since its their 1st anniversary. Its just a way for them to cash in on the people that will attend on this special night. This night can really break Envy financially or it can make them a whole load of cash from this because people will want to attend EnVy on friday nights to see the residents all because of their experience on this night.

Guest saintjohn
I'm wondering whether the Envy rig is a purchase or they just rented one for the evening

pod, you've got lord on speed dial - why don't you just ask him? enquiring minds want to know . . .

Guest vynelmuzik

Half the times I have been to the "New" Space, the system has been to loud and noissy due to the extemely large rig in a low ceiling room. This is not the gears fault however. Dyno is awesome technology that needs to be monitered constantly for human error. EFX processers tend to be dirty and most booths have them. My 3 favorite systems are Funktion 1, Dynochord, and Nexo.

Crobar NYC can use the help, It sounded like crap in there! !Phazon ? why

Guest PRTAZZZ

the sound system was purchase not rented

Guest vanbuurenfan

I agree, EnVy has to be doing this to make Danny T happy and since its their 1st anniversary. Its just a way for them to cash in on the people that will attend on this special night. This night can really break Envy financially or it can make them a whole load of cash from this because people will want to attend EnVy on friday nights to see the residents all because of their experience on this night.

if NV forked over some cash and had say a trance night on fridays. I think it would do ok. bring in some dj's.PROMOTE it well and do it on fridays, it would work. yeah yeah i know TRANCE IS DEAD yada yada yada.......just a sugestion ;D

Guest pod

That's Dynacord!

And yeah, the EFX-500 has horrid inputs and outputs. You can compensate for it to an extent, but my advice is to leave it out entirely. At most, keep it on hand on a per-DJ basis.

I really think the little box needs a rework...Pioneer spent good R & D dollars on the effects portion, but skimped on the I/O. Another solution is needed.

saintjohn, don't worry, a call has been placed ;D

Crobar NYC and NV have both hired the same company that installed the Alpha Dynacord sound system at Space Miami. The system was originally designed by Louis Puig and installed at Space for WMC 2004. At the time it was the first in the country but now it seems that the rest of the country is catching the Space bug. Crobar NYC swapped half of it's Phazon sound system for the Puig designed system last month and will soon replace the other half. NV just purchased the same system which will be installed on Friday for Danny T. Rain in Vegas also installed the same exact system that is at Space.

Space beat them to the punch again.

*for the record, if you could combine the clarity of mazes funktion with spaces punch, then that would be a system!

ugh guess earplugs are def required at NV on fri then. i love the system but its too loud at times :-X

Guest pod

Bling, that is not the system's fault, it is the DJ's fault when it is too loud. Guest DJs usually go apeshit on the Space Dynacord rig...the only DJ who really knows how to handle that beast is Oscar. Thanks to the Audia

box in the back, the effects of the guest DJs going nuts can be mitigated, but still, nothing beats someone who knows how to handle the rig.

the sound system was purchase not rented

hey omar, please tell louis i'm looking for 2 comps pre 1am for friday...

I must confess I don't go to space as much as I should but when Bad Boy Bill went up there, he tore that system apart. It was definitely bass heavy heart poundin pure house. The system really dropped. ;)