Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nuclear Arms Reportedly Found In Iraq

Guest obby

Guest obby

http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/07210000aaa01bea.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World%20News

Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq

BAGHDAD, July 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Copyright 2004 by United Press International.

All rights reserved.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040721-081009-2541r.htm

Official denies nuclear arms found in Iraq

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- A U.S. military official Wednesday denied a report of Iraqi missiles carrying nuclear warheads being found in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad.

The daily al-Sabah newspaper Wednesday had quoted sources as saying three missiles armed with nuclear warheads were discovered in a trench near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

A U.S. military spokesman in Tikrit told United Press International that the report was untrue.

"Nothing's been found. The report is not factual," said Master Sgt. Robert Cowens, a spokesman for the 1st Infantry Division, based in Tikrit.

The newspaper reported the three missiles were discovered by chance when Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear warheads.

Al-Sabah said that the missiles were discovered in a trench under six meters of concrete, designed to evade sophisticated sensors.

A spokesman with Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's office told UPI that the report concerning the alleged missiles and warheads emerged "while gathering information for Saddam Hussein's tribunal" during the interrogation of a captured former official of Saddam's regime.

Guest obby

Just read the same. Very contradicting.

The report came out this morning. It was printed on the Washington Post, then picked up by the Washington Times, Drudge then put links up to it, soon after a denial from an Iraqi official was posted on Drudge. Since then, the Wash. Post has removed it from their web site.

???

Guest endymion

It isn't confusing at all. There are lots of people with a lot of motivation to find rationalizations for our invasion. A good number of those people use lies and fabrications as their main tool since they can't find anything real.

This is a historical footnote that gets filed along with some of the bigger lies like the Nigerian nuclear material that didn't exist, the smallpox stores that didn't exist, the sarin gas that didn't exist, the scud missiles that didn't exist that were topped with weaponized botulism toxin that didn't exist, etc, etc, etc.

Guest bcnjunkie

It isn't confusing at all. There are lots of people with a lot of motivation to find rationalizations for our invasion. A good number of those people use lies and fabrications as their main tool since they can't find anything real.

This is a historical footnote that gets filed along with some of the bigger lies like the Nigerian nuclear material that didn't exist, the smallpox stores that didn't exist, the sarin gas that didn't exist, the scud missiles that didn't exist that were topped with weaponized botulism toxin that didn't exist, etc, etc, etc.

and the pro-war supporters still don't get it ! all the world sees it except them.... sad, they're right because they say so, very sad !

Guest obby

Come on people, we went into Iraq for more than one reason (You do know that,,don't you???). The most talked about reason was WMD's. After 9/11, I understand why WMD's were stressed more than the others (It posed the greatest threat to our homeland). But make no mistake, WE WENT TO IRAQ FOR MULTIPLE REASONS. I remember hearing things about an axis of evil, 17 UN resolutions broken, WMD's, regime change,,etc....to name a few. Your hung up on WMD's and just ignore the other reasons. Interesting? Why?

Come on people, we went into Iraq for more than one reason (You do know that,,don't you???). The most talked about reason was WMD's. After 9/11, I understand why WMD's were stressed more than the others (It posed the greatest threat to our homeland). But make no mistake, WE WENT TO IRAQ FOR MULTIPLE REASONS. I remember hearing things about an axis of evil, 17 UN resolutions broken, WMD's, regime change,,etc....to name a few. Your hung up on WMD's and just ignore the other reasons. Interesting? Why?

At first, the ONLY reason we were told we were going to Iraq was for WMD's. We were told that our security was at risk. No WMD's were found. We were also told that Hussein had ties to al Queda. Then it came out that there were none. Now, the main focus of this war is for the people of Iraq. This is ridiculous. The Senate Intelligence Committee (a bi-partisan entity) stated that if they knew then what they know now, they wouldn't have let us go to war. That's a pretty strong statement. We went to war because of lies. LIES. This should be the biggest scandal in American history.

Guest obby
At first, the ONLY reason we were told we were going to Iraq was for WMD's.

???

OK, I can only asume that you forgot hearing things such as an axis of evil, 17 UN resolutions broken, WMD's, regime change,,etc....to name a few.

Blair said a week ago, that the african intel is right on and they still stand by it...

but you left wingers won't mention that and the fact kerry bought the same intel that was given to bush.. but once again people blame bush and not the CIA and FBI, in which the report today clearly says it's their fault not clintons or bushes.

axis of evil is stupid fear-inducing rhetoric. the UN resolutions being broken, of course that's horrible. regime change....that's not a reason for war, that's the end result.

the fact of the matter is that we are NOT safer than we were before 9/11. in fact, we're worse off. thousands of people have now become terrorists because of what is happening in iraq. so what's the solution? kill them, too?

i ain't no pansy-ass liberal who thinks war is always unnecessary. i realize that sometimes you have to flex your muscle to achieve our objectives. it's a necessary evil. but this war is bullshit. we shouldn't be there. the greatest threat to us is north korea, which has stated several times that they want to kill us, and are actively constructing the weapons to do so. why aren't we there? we may soon be, of course, but that's hypothetical. what's important is what's happening now, and why we're in the position that we're in.

Guest demo909

Anybody who believes that Iraq has or had nuclear arms is an idiot......I'm sorry for being so rude and I don't want to disrespect anybody, but come on people. The so called smoking gun we went to war over does not exist. There are no nuclear weapons in Iraq and the most we found in way of biological weapons were 5 empty shells.....thats right 5 empty shells .....IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!! Oh and a buried truck we think was a mobile missle launcher from the early 90's..... But keep searching and keep letting people like my friends brother die! in vien....eventually we'll find something right?? ::)

You arm-chair warriors are really something man......I wish you could put yourself over there for 5 days in the thick of it....and see how you would be after that. Or talk to people that are there now and have been there for over a year and see how they have changed. Talk to people that have lost a son or a brother or a daughter for that matter

You give me one good reason why we still need to be in Iraq right now at this moment now that Sadamm is gone and now that we have set up and interm government.......one reason is all I ask for.........

axis of evil is stupid fear-inducing rhetoric. the UN resolutions being broken, of course that's horrible. regime change....that's not a reason for war, that's the end result.

the fact of the matter is that we are NOT safer than we were before 9/11. in fact, we're worse off. thousands of people have now become terrorists because of what is happening in iraq. so what's the solution? kill them, too?

i ain't no pansy-ass liberal who thinks war is always unnecessary. i realize that sometimes you have to flex your muscle to achieve our objectives. it's a necessary evil. but this war is bullshit. we shouldn't be there. the greatest threat to us is north korea, which has stated several times that they want to kill us, and are actively constructing the weapons to do so. why aren't we there? we may soon be, of course, but that's hypothetical. what's important is what's happening now, and why we're in the position that we're in.

# of attacks on US soil after 911 = 0

thanks for playing..

ps north korea can't reach us with nukes for a long time, unless they sell them to Sadam, in which Sadam was trying to broker a deal...

Anybody who believes that Iraq has or had nuclear arms is an idiot......I'm sorry for being so rude and I don't want to disrespect anybody, but come on people. The so called smoking gun we went to war over does not exist. There are no nuclear weapons in Iraq and the most we found in way of biological weapons were 5 empty shells.....thats right 5 empty shells .....IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!! Oh and a buried truck we think was a mobile missle launcher from the early 90's..... But keep searching and keep letting people like my friends brother die! in vien....eventually we'll find something right?? ::)

You arm-chair warriors are really something man......I wish you could put yourself over there for 5 days in the thick of it....and see how you would be after that. Or talk to people that are there now and have been there for over a year and see how they have changed. Talk to people that have lost a son or a brother or a daughter for that matter

You give me one good reason why we still need to be in Iraq right now at this moment now that Sadamm is gone and now that we have set up and interm government.......one reason is all I ask for.........

demo are you smoking crak at 11:59am in the morning again? If we leave now, the country is doomed to fall back into the hands of a dictator.

demo are you smoking crak at 11:59am in the morning again? If we leave now, the country is doomed to fall back into the hands of a dictator.

umm.....that's going to happen anyway. probably the day after we leave, whenever that is.

Guest endymion

No Obby, we do remember all of the lies. That's why we're upset.

WMD - didn't exist

"Axis of Evil" - Invention of a Bush speechwriter, not a justification for a war, North Korea is the one that really does have WMD anyway

"regime change" - yes, we did that. "Regime change" is the outcome, not the justification. Other famous unjustified 'regime changes' in history include Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Hitler's invasion of Poland.

17 UN Resolutions - Bush touted the voice of the UN as sacred until they disagreed with him. Then Bush wanted us to believe that the UN is a weak and ineffective organization that needs to be marginalized. He obviously wants us to believe whatever we need to believe at the time in order for us to support his pursuit of his goals.

Guest obby

I know you didn't just ask that. If you don't know the answer to that question then I guess all I can say is.........I'm sorry to hear you ask that.

Guest demo909

I know you didn't just ask that. If you don't know the answer to that question then I guess all I can say is.........I'm sorry to hear you ask that.

Give me a reason...

Guest bcnjunkie

Salteen gets his info from Rush, he sounds just like him, again he can't think for himself..... so he copies the right wing druggie ! All the topics I hear on Limbaugh are all the stuff Saleen posts. Again proving that fascits... I mean right wingists can't think for themselves

Salteen gets his info from Rush, he sounds just like him, again he can't think for himself..... so he copies the right wing druggie ! All the topics I hear on Limbaugh are all the stuff Saleen posts. Again proving that fascits... I mean right wingists can't think for themselves

i've never heard the mans show in my entire life! only time ever was on espn and when I was a kid he had a tv that was was too coplex for me to understand.

but thanks for playing. maybe you should argue the facts not the spin...

No Obby, we do remember all of the lies. That's why we're upset.

WMD - didn't exist

"Axis of Evil" - Invention of a Bush speechwriter, not a justification for a war, North Korea is the one that really does have WMD anyway

"regime change" - yes, we did that. "Regime change" is the outcome, not the justification. Other famous unjustified 'regime changes' in history include Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Hitler's invasion of Poland.

17 UN Resolutions - Bush touted the voice of the UN as sacred until they disagreed with him. Then Bush wanted us to believe that the UN is a weak and ineffective organization that needs to be marginalized. He obviously wants us to believe whatever we need to believe at the time in order for us to support his pursuit of his goals.

the same UN, that put Iraq as the head of humanity affairs or some shit like that. Or the same UN, that lets millions die in Africa. Or the same UN that was stealing from the oil or food program.

ps, kuwait and poland were peacful nations. it's not like we invaded iceland... lol, you guys are really reaching on this bs, and for the record, I claim no political party, I may vote for kerry if he comes inline with importation of drugs.

Guest bcnjunkie

i've never heard the mans show in my entire life! only time ever was on espn and when I was a kid he had a tv that was was too coplex for me to understand.

but thanks for playing. maybe you should argue the facts not the spin...

still laughing !!!, every topic that man touches, you post the same thing that day ! c'mon, maybe try thinking for yourself you might just find you can sound interesting

ps I love to play

Guest obby

Please tell me there is someone else on this board besides myself that can explain to Demo why we are till in Iraq.

Please tell me I am not the only one that knows.

Guest endymion

Obby, see, we would love nothing more than to hear a justification that actually makes sense. I'm assuming you don't have one.

i think we should be there now, because we started this whole mess. my point is what got us there in the first place. our government told us constantly that they KNEW there were wmds. they KNEW there were strong connections to al queda. they LIED. they didn't know anything. and now 1000+ brave men and women have given their lives, and that makes me really sad.