Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto in cheese on his rider & in his record bag shocker

Guest web_norah

so no issue with the term "gay" anymore?

thats the only album cover thats like that. so what?

I sure hope we don't decide to pick music based on the album cover. I guess if you hate the guy, you'll find something to make fun of.

Personally, I think he's great. A very good entertainer. I can't remember leaving one of his shows and ever feeling like I was ripped off.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

hey there are 40000 other DJs who entertain for much less/ play longer sets & whose egos dont march 100 feet in front of them. and i really mean those comments as a journalist.

Guest JMT

so no issue with the term "gay" anymore?

thats the only album cover thats like that. so what?

I sure hope we don't decide to pick music based on the album cover. I guess if you hate the guy, you'll find something to make fun of.

Personally, I think he's great. A very good entertainer. I can't remember leaving one of his shows and ever feeling like I was ripped off.

my sentiments exactly.

and the fashion displayed in dutch clubs is not unlike this. although that shirt is extreme, even for him.

Guest web_norah

and in Oct 2004, Tiesto had no time for the press that waited for him at the Grammy party in NYC....

he also was a no show to a Nov 2004 ceremony where he was to receive the #1 DJ in the world title, a one-liner he prints on every club flyer and three hour appearance.....

he better be nice to his fans....

and in Oct 2004, Tiesto had no time for the press that waited for him at the Grammy party in NYC....

he also was a no show to a Nov 2004 ceremony where he was to receive the #1 DJ in the world title, a one-liner he prints on every club flyer and three hour appearance.....

well that's all that matters, isn't it?

TIESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guest JMT

huh, Djs make all their own flyers?

actually it was a DJ mag party that he no-showed.

i conversed with him at Rumi last year and ive never heard of anyone he was offensive to.

Who knows what the politics here really were. It would not make a lot of sense to me for him to just not go to the awards show because he was acting like a diva, like you're suggesting. Who knows, maybe they promoted him being there without having agreement from him and they need to cover their asses...there could be a million permutations to this equation.

As for his rider, check out thesmokinggun.com - his "demands" are nowhere near some of the request you'd get from big name rock bands. Riders are a very common part of performance artists.

As for the shirt...if you hate the music, I can see how you can easily get comfortable with making fun of that album cover (or the way many euros dress, I guess). Based on past posts, etc I wouldn't have thought you'd be the type to make fun of that kind of thing though...

Who knows what the politics here really were. It would not make a lot of sense to me for him to just not go to the awards show because he was acting like a diva, like you're suggesting. Who knows, maybe they promoted him being there without having agreement from him and they need to cover their asses...there could be a million permutations to this equation.

As for his rider, check out thesmokinggun.com - his "demands" are nowhere near some of the request you'd get from big name rock bands. Riders are a very common part of performance artists.

As for the shirt...if you hate the music, I can see how you can easily get comfortable with making fun of that album cover (or the way many euros dress, I guess). Based on past posts, etc I wouldn't have thought you'd be the type to make fun of that kind of thing though...

norah just got served

huh, Djs make all their own flyers?

actually it was a DJ mag party that he no-showed.

i conversed with him at Rumi last year and ive never heard of anyone he was offensive to.

Ev has hung out with them a bunch (the Blackhole crew) - I should ask him to comment on this...

My fiancee has had her picture taken with him a few times too and spoken with him...no problems there.

If he's egotistical, he certainly hides it well from what I've seen.

Guest JMT

myself and 2 friends talked to him for about 20 minutes at the preparty before he spun that night at space. a laid back, cool guy. he would have talked to us all day.

Guest web_norah

30G for three hours

when i see Sasha, and 1000000 other DJs getting less and playing longer

you guys get served paying crazy door cover charges

i get in free and i dont bother showing up

now who got served? :P

DJ management approves flyers in case you didnt know so he does know whats up.....

it is all good. like i said, i am not the one getting robbed with Dutch cheese :) - you ARE

cheese.gif

Guest JMT

i try and go table whenever i go see a big name dj, so the door cost is irrelevant. and if someone doesnt care about paying $30 because they are satified with the economic transaction, then there is no issue. and id venture to say thats the case.

he played for over 6 hours at WMC. your comparison is totally subjective, no facts. when i saw sasha at crobar this past time he played 3 hours. (nothing against him, i like him)

because management approves flyers doesnt mean he put that #1 on there. it benefits the clubs more to do that, im sure theyre are the ones who insist on it.

are we supposed to think you are cool for getting comped at the door? your ego is bigger than tiestos.

the real cheese here is on your ass.

Guest slamminshaun

What's wrong with boasting about a fact, especially when it makes you big $$$?? I think if I were the #1 belcher in the world, I'd boast about it...

Guest ddg

30G for three hours

when i see Sasha, and 1000000 other DJs getting less and playing longer

you guys get served paying crazy door cover charges

i get in free and i dont bother showing up

now who got served? :P

wow john...you can only wish to be that cool...... ::) ::) ::):P :P :P