Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is all I'm gonna say about Roland....

V. Barbarino

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROLY, you're a great guy, you're a badass DJ, You're the freakin' man. I've had many memorable moments with you Biz and Rocky in the DJ booth on the patio at Space. To this day I still haven't forgotten that marathon set you threw down back in March. It was epic to say the least. You always greet me well in the booth or wherever I run into you, and always put up with my drunken,slurred speech after I've had way too much too drink and still play my favorite tracks upon request, although my timing may be a little off. LOL I wish you the best of luck and I will always support you 100% buddy. You can count on it ;D

Guest ddg

ROLY' date=' you're a great guy, you're a badass DJ, You're the freakin' man. I've had many memorable moments with you Biz and Rocky in the DJ booth on the patio at Space. To this day I still haven't forgotten that marathon set you threw down back in March. It was epic to say the least. You always greet me well in the booth or wherever I run into you, and always put up with my drunken,slurred speech after I've had way too much too drink and still play my favorite tracks upon request, although my timing may be a little off. LOL I wish you the best of luck and I will always support you 100% buddy. You can count on it ;D

[/quote']

very well said rick....

Guest klit

So where would everybody like to see him playing now?

Im guessing he'll be at amika fridays with sean but on sat. nights would love to see him play a different type of place rather then nv or crobar. Wherever it is though I'll be there.

Guest mikepayne

Damn... that sucks. No more Roland. :(

crobar should get him for Friday nights in the main room. This way, he still stays local (at normal human being hours, bonus), and the crobar vs. Space DJ steal-a-thon can continue! :P

Guest Cosmigonon

This is sad news :-\

Any plans for the future?

Biz u should do a "Roland closing party!" im sure uve already thought of that(hopefully)...the patio would be extra packed w/ locals & fans!

One of my fav nights was seeing sander, pete, and roland all together in the patio...that was just insane fun!

Good luck to u bro 8)

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I just saw the article and i am shocked. I know what he is doing though is best for him and his family and im sure he thought about it a long time.

HE is the type of dj that can never be replaced by anyone. Whoever LP puts on that patio im sure will be good but never another Roland. I have the utmost respect for the man and the music he has graced us for all these years. He is the very first dj that got me to listen to and enjoy house music as well.

He was the very first dj i ever heard at space and still moves me the most to shake my booty dancing.

roland is a true class act.. one of the nicest guys in the biz i have ever met. always has treated me with respect as he does all his fans. ..

I have so many amazing memories of this man on the patio. the last of which was roger sanchez nite as i was hanging with roland and rocky along with roger in the booth. roland as always delivering a rockin set and the patio ate it up!!

ROLAND YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

ill post a more thoughts later on tonite ..lots to say about da man

How they say in the Navy, "Fair winds and following seas".

Good luck although I'm sure you won't need it. Luck is for people who have doubt but you my man, I have no doubt your phone will be ringing off da hook and your email account will be over the limit.

Keep Rockin and can't wait to see where you will land. The Godfather of Patio... ;D

Guest klubveteran

Roland

Roland

Roland....

I just e mailed you privately.

but i wanted to publicly thank you for the companionship and great friendship since i met you when we both worked at Louis's first club at 609 the beach. many many many moons ago (like 95-96 right?)

ill put it this way. i used to go hang with roly before he was the cool guy on the block and he spun at one of LP's bars at mad jacks in miami lakes.

it didnt matter to him. hip hop, salsa, merengue, open format, then later on house you name it roland did it -and did it well!

the only thing the poor guy couldnt do was root the fins to a super bowl season :-\ he cant work miracles i know.

good luck!

you have my support as u did when that deer head was blocking your view from the dj booth (those that went to 609 beach know what i mean) 10 years ago!

wow!

Nelson ;)