The Big News

V. Barbarino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest klubveteran

why?

give us the why saleen. dont you know the 5 questions of journalism?

who? what? when?where? why?

with emphasis on how come?

Guest musicalmissionary

Makes perfect sense... too much overlap between the two to justify maintaining two separate sites with practically the same content. The marketing power of a combined site will be much bigger than the two of them separately.

So when's this taking effect?

If this is really the news that Saleen has been hanging onto I have mixed feelings about it. I understand from a business point of view how it would be more profitable BUT I hope that it keeps the CJ boards standards and that all the BS posts, SEX board, SIGS and other useless and tasteless stuff stay away. Just my 2 cents.

Now on the other hand, I thought for sure that Saleen was talking about some other big CLUB news that hasnt been posted about yet. But Ive learned my lesson, Ill just listen and keep my mouth shut even when someone TELLS me to post about it. ;)

For those who don't believe the words of the Club Legend...

Clubplanet Acquires CoolJunkie.com

Leading NYC and Miami Nightlife Websites Join Forces

New York, NY – February 7, 2005 - Clubplanet.com, the world’s biggest nightlife resource, has acquired CoolJunkie.com, a leading nightlife website based in Miami.

Launched in Miami in November 2000, CoolJunkie.com has grown into one of the leading music and lifestyle sites in the U.S., providing music, nightlife, fashion and movie news for a hip young crowd of tastemakers and trendsetters. Founder Nick McCabe and his partners eventually launched sites for 11 U.S. cities, including New York and Los Angeles.

Clubplanet CEO and co-founder Andrew Fox said, “In four short years, Nick built CoolJunkie up, with no venture capital, to be Clubplanet's biggest competition in the South East region. We are very lucky to have him.â€

CoolJunkie.com joins Clubplanet’s other sister sites: Wantickets.com, NewYears.com, and ClubTelevision.com.

About Clubplanet

Clubplanet is the world’s leading nightlife destination online. Clubplanet provides its users with access to the largest nightlife community and a comprehensive listing of clubs, bars and lounges in over 55 markets. Clubplanet users can also explore nightlife, music and entertainment through exclusive features, interviews and videos.

Since 1995, Clubplanet has built up a membership base of 2 million + with new members joining everyday. Clubplanet members enjoy the added benefits of being able to purchase advance tickets and get on club and event VIP guest lists, as well as, participating in message boards and viewing photo galleries.

Guest coach

Wow. So, CP said they were looking to make a bigger move into the Miami market. I guess that's what they meant. Should be interesting.

Guest LeVeL

Man CP sucks ass :-X >:(

And its even worse to view in the work place thats one of the huge advantages CJ had over CP

but whatever..I am over it.

Guest nickjunkie

I'll post something longer in a little while, but this absolutely does not mean the end of CJ, in fact it's the start of a lot of very exciting stuff... 8)

Guest LeVeL

I'll post something longer in a little while, but this absolutely does not mean the end of CJ, in fact it's the start of a lot of very exciting stuff... 8)

Congratulations Nick and Sarah the CJ Staff, you have built this little puppy into a Big Dogg and now its time to let it loose.

Guest nickjunkie

Whoa easy guys. Quit crying into your Jaeger!

I can't go into details about our plan for the sites, but rest assured both CP and CJ will continue strongly following this deal, independent of one another but as part of the same family.

Sarah (GAT) and Ryan (TechJunkie) are moving on to pastures new, although both will maintain some involvement with CJ, be it writing columns or tweaking stuff or just getting drunk at our events.

I'll be joining CP / Track / Wantickets / CJ as Creative Director and overseeing the design and functionality of both CJ and CP, so expect exciting new areas and an improved look to both sites. Pod will be staying on the team, and the other exciting news is that Buster of Party 93.1 and A3TV fame is also coming on board with us.

I can promise you that we wouldn't have done this deal if we felt that it would be the end of CoolJunkie. Clubplanet are just as enthusiastic as we are about both brands, and they have a great team in New York as well as the resources to allow us to take huge steps forward with CJ.

There will be loads more news over the next few months, but for now clink a glass with us and toast the start of a new era for both Clubplanet and CoolJunkie!