Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats the best song you ever heard in a club and in what club??

Underground Sound of Lisbon - The Lights at Vinyl early last year.

Damn, when Danny would drop that track the place would just go B A N A N N A S!!! Funny how effective a minimal track can be sometimes smile.gif

------------------

Time's runnin' out, when will you wake up, wake up...Do it Do it

I would have to say either:

Superchumbo-Revolution when Danny T dropped it at Twilo

Armand Van Helden-You Don't Know Me When Boris dropped it at the Roxy years ago when it was good

Benny Maze vs Madam-Deep Kemical when I first heard Jonathan drop it at SF seems like ages ago

sooo many memmories but these 3 I can remember it like it was yesterday....the good ole days....

cwm4.gifcwm30.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

---its my life and I'm livin' it now!---you don't even know me!!!---

On the commercial side I would have to say last winter/spring when Kiss-Venga Boys was at its peek. At Exit they would have the ball down right above the crowd and when the song would really blow up the snow would come pouring down and people were going absolutely nuts!!

That is the single most exciting song I have ever heard in a club. But then again that was when Exit was awesome and the light guy was different too. Miss the good old days of Exit!

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

M.I.K.E - Deepest Jungle @ SF Summer 98..

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one acts on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong and acts of sensations, with no limits or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasures of the highest sense..

Feelings of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

Originally posted by dmerces:

On the commercial side I would have to say last winter/spring when Kiss-Venga Boys was at its peek. At Exit they would have the ball down right above the crowd and when the song would really blow up the snow would come pouring down and people were going absolutely nuts!!

That is the single most exciting song I have ever heard in a club. But then again that was when Exit was awesome and the light guy was different too. Miss the good old days of Exit!

yes very true... kiss in exit was incredible (for the few times that i was there when it first opened with denny & edddie)

Gotta agree wit yall..Kiss at exit back in the days...when that song came in I went crazy.The lights, snow and rain coming down..Amazing moment. I felt like god! Also The rave At "Big love" in plainview ny and vanderbuilt when Armand Van Helden Played Daft punk's- One more time(Back then no1 really knew about the song. I went insane!

Originally posted by sfcraz01:

one of my favorites is "Learned From The Best"!!! It used to be amazing when Eddie and Denny used to drop this at Exit. especially when...... "UH!!!"... and everyone went InSaNe!

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read this post... but I think it's more because of all of the fun everyone else was having the first time this was played... I was never in love with it myself. I have no clue what my favorite is.

cwm34.gif Josh cwm34.gif

------------------

"I'm fierce. You're stupid."

ChickenBooo@aol.com

Originally posted by Abstrakt:

Underground Sound of Lisbon - The Lights at Vinyl early last year.

Damn, when Danny would drop that track the place would just go B A N A N N A S!!! Funny how effective a minimal track can be sometimes smile.gif

i remember hearing that on someone's website...crazyyyyyyy track, never found it though.

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Sicktracks<~*~*~go here!<~*~*~

in all my clubbing days.. i pretty much think the only answer to this question is the "my love is your love" era at sound factory.. we wouldnt dance when jp played it.. would would all rush down the stairs and just stand there in a group hug.. i know it sounds corny but just thinking about hearing that song in sf gives me chills..

there actually used to be a collage of pictures of all sf heads behind the upstairs bar that said "and when the lord asks me what i did with my life, i will say i spent it with you" SF..

Probably when paul van dyk dropped members of mayday-10 in 01 for the first time @ the warehouse in toronto.

------------------

Brian Transeau (BT) on Music

Totally. I love what guys like Oliver Lieb and Paul Van Dyk do. I hate that ATB and those sorts of people have prostituted this stuff. You listen to an ATB track and then you listen to Sasha, and the difference is as obvious as listening to Led Zeppelin and Rachmaninoff.

Laurent Garnier on Music

For Garnier it's also a question of quality. "The problem is a lot of things I hear out here on the radio are not trance - I mean that ATB track I heard the other day - is this trance? This is fucking Tellytubbies music."

either DT first dropping "Elements" @ Tunnel

or

JP dropping "You're Love Is Taking Me Over"

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

5/26 - Sin, Albany

6/9 - Deep, LI

6/10 and every Monday to follow - Liquid, LI

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!