Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rutgers DJs, house heads shout out!!

Whats up RU peeps....

My name is Barry, also known as DJ BG.

I am the DJ at olde queens on friday nights during the school year..Its good money but i dont get to play too much house music frown.gif

I also have done parties at zeta psi, sigma chi, and a bunch of formals for the sororitys and frats.

I would like to know where all the Rutgers house heads are, because i want to try to blow Queens up and start playing more house music, like the DJ's at Pete's do. Unfortunately, I need to have a crowd who will stay and feel the music, and most people in there are pretty damn cheesy.

So all you RU house heads and DJs, shout out and maybe we could do some big stuff this semester and bring some life to what i feel is a pretty dead social scene. Its my senior year and i want to go out with a bang.

IBclubbin@aol.com

BG

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!

whats up..i am a senior at rutgers..and pretty much only listen to house..never really went by queens, but i went to knight club a few times..music was ok, but nthn great..kinda old..but it would be nice to atleast have 1 place that plays some good house music..

------------------

freeze.gif "There is no guest list tonight"

tell charity to dance instead of selling shots. then the crowds will pour in.

honestly, the only way to draw is to start playing the shizzzzit, the geeks will leave, then eventually the househeads will come strolling in....for the longest time pete's sucked. but sammy and his crew stuck to it, trying to be different from everyone else. now it is just starting to pay off...

hey whats up...yeah im goin to be a junior this year and turnin 21 soon...thank the lord!!! but i can bring in lots of people on a friday night if u play the good house music....i love it!!! im livin at 271 somerset this year....finally got my own house to live in!!!! so p.m. sometime durin the year and ill let you know when a bunch of people are going or whatever....laterz

------------------

EXIT Fridays ---> ROEL Guestlist!!

Kvanzile9@hotmail.com

SN: KyleVZ99

"Games don't affect children. I mean if Pac-Man affected us when we were kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music"

My Your Pupils Are Big.....ECSTASY!!!

Do You F*** As Well As You Dance!!!

Originally posted by pipdaddy:

tell charity to dance instead of selling shots. then the crowds will pour in.

she is hot, isnt she?????

we'll see what happens.....jay and esco (the DJ's at petes) were spinning at queens but the manager at queens told me he booted them cause they were catering to themselves, and not to the crowd (a.k.a. bangin house all night)....im going to try to turn it around, but at the same time, im not about to lose a great job that pays VERY well.....

BG

------------------

Underground will live forever baby!!..We just like ROACHES....we never die...always livin!

ibclubbin, did u get my reply to ur pm? maybe somethine can be worked out.

im up for tryin to make a bigger impact on RU with house music. im planning on having my own little neon world at my boy's house. all hard/progressive house and trance all nie long. it'll probably be during the semester, cuz i dont think we're gonna do it during the summer. but usually at his parties, im spinnin more hip hop than house, because that's what keeps the party going. whenever i start to play my favorite house/trance tracks, i see the people lose interest. but if i can get the right crowd to his house, we can have our own little banging version of a neon world. cwm7.gif

------------------

A>

Originally posted by xtcgspot:

if i can get the right crowd to his house, we can have our own little banging version of a neon world. cwm7.gif

thats the hardest part...at the parties i was doing, people were hanging out in other rooms of the house that were playing hiphop....(probably in part because thats where the good liquor was!) thats why we need to spread the word....if people know where to go to hear good DJ's spinning, and they feel welcome, we can have some great parties, and bring some life back to the campus!

BG

------------------

• 5 months later...

yeah seriously....Queens needs to rid itself of the hip hop heads...and the only way to do that is to get the house/TRANCE crowd there (yes I said Trance). Hip hop heads will leave if people are dancing up a storm to house/trance (yeah I said Trance) in the back. Build it and they will come ;) DJ BG has the ability to bring Queens back to what it was back in the day...the hottest place on campus. 3 years ago...lines were around the corner on a Thurs...every Thurs. Lets bring that back!

talk about bringing a post up from the depths...i wrote this in july!!!

anyway, nowadays we have Platinum and gaebels to satisfy our music needs....queens, eh, i throw in some mainstream stuff and i try to work in the good stuff, but no matter what it will always be a cheesy bar

nowadays, its all about my signature (read!!!!)

BG

Lets just face it no matter how good the music, you still need the crowd. and the crowd at rutgers is whack. all the people (except for us clubbrs) are soo corny. i think all of us clubbrs should get together and have our own party and not have these cornballs roll in. it would be a hell of a lot cheaper then going to the city every weekend. which i currently do to get away from the losers at rutgers. give me feedback

I agree there should be something on the weekend (Fri/Sat) in the new brunswick area...that is cheap and caters to the house/trance crowd. The problem is that the owners of the bars in New Brunwick dont think that the house/trance will bring in a lot of people on the weekends so they stick to kareoke, 80's and hip hop. Ok this is what we will do...if there is a serious calling in this area for house/trance...then please repond to the post I am going to start in the NJ section. I am going to start a post on the New Jersey board that basically will be a petition-type thing. We will let people respond...and if enough people respond..anyone (myself, BG, or other local DJ's that want the ability to spin house/trance locally) can print out the post and bring it to the owners and show them that there is a true calling for this type of music in this area....and that if they let these local DJ's spin their house/trance...it will only benefit the bar.

See my post.......thanks

DJ Carusomaas

Gaebels monday nights, and Platinum tuesdays are great places to hear more underground dance music (i refrain from saying house because its not TECHNICALLY house music)...they arent that expensive, its low key dress code, and the music is absolutely bonkers:roll2:

Harvest Moon has the Aftermath party on Tuesdays (I think)..i went once a few months ago and had a blast..bboys break dancing, people relaxing, and good music....

I spin at Queens on Weds and Thurs so i really cant promote for anything else...i dont get to play the kind of music I like because it just isnt that kind of crowd BUT, i have been playing more and more house (granted its moreorless mainstream) and if more clubbers come in that will absolutely change

Fridays and Sats at Platinum are a blast, and they are great as a pregame for afterhours in the city...with a 2 am closing, there is more than enough time to go home, chill for a few, take the drive up the turnpike and party wherever you want....Its a great club, pretty crowd, and the beats are very SFish.....

there is plenty to do at Rutgers if you know where to go...its a shame there are so many haters and pessimists

Could you imagine how nuts the week would be if we got carusos in at the Scarlet Pub?

BG

well right now i m just waiting to turn 21 which is in 2 mo. but i keep hearing from my club friends how overrated the bars are in NB. but i def plan to check out platnium. well i ve been to roxy the last 3 weeks in a row and no one can rip it up like johnny vicious. but it gets to expensive its like a 100 everytime i want to go. train, gettin in, other things. i hope that NB will be enough to satisfy my club needs at least enough so i dont have to go to the city every weekend. :blown: well i guess ill have to wait and see but ill be sure to check you guys out and see what you spin. i could just imagine tho if you say mainstream its probably not what im looking for. but i hard petes spin some good stuff so maybe that will be the answer.Who knos ?

needle destruction insider mix phat song

luna park space melody What mix does johhny V play ?

vicious is not my style, as you may have read on one of the many posts i wrote about him....musically he is very boring, womp womp womp all night....if thats your thing then you wont care for NB much

but if you are open to new styles, then youll find something....and not every night of the week need to be a hard club night

i went to Roxy last week and i thought it was awful, so everyone has their own thing...to each his own

BG

Yeah, Rutgers head over here.. probally not the right type of clubber though (right Barry?) but either way.. represntin' Jersey every week in NYC!! Ahh!!

BG - you're still ridiculous for not liking Vicious, but to each his own, and hell, maybe I'll grow up one day, but for now, like I told you over and over again, I'm gonna enjoy my last teenage year.

Either way, I'm still dying to get my ass into Platinum just to hear John Michaels.. and I wanna hear you spin too (even if it is "mainstream") so whatever.. 21 will come.. eventually.. :rolleyes::D

Barry

Both Dan and I told you what the problem is at Queens,

there has been an overwhelming crowd that is looking

for more of a shit-pop enviornment. It will be difficult to

try and turn that around Considering everyone knows that

Petes caters to more of a House/trance crowd. The best

thing to do is cut down on the shit pop and throw in more

cheesy girly vocals to attract the ladies then work in more of

what you like, also you dont need to play the latest and greatest in Dance music, considering most people dont know what you play anyway , all they do is say , OH YHEA I know that song, its

goes, "you put your arms around him YES", go dig in the crates a few years , bang out some anthems and you will attract the crowd. Use Honey to attract bees young grasshoper. lol

Mane:D

whats up BG? i am right down the road from rutgers in somerset & very much invloved in the rave/club scene. i dont go to rutgers just live in the neighborhood but know alot of peeps in the area that want to get involved. i know the feeling about trying to get something local started BUT i am unsure if those RU type "clubs" are the place to start.. the reaction isnt going to be as good.. i've been trying since i graduated HS in '93 to get something going in the RU area but have yet to succeed. i've worked with planet X (when they were open on easton ave) & numerous friends to get it off the ground,, but =( ... hit me up with an email and we can chat some more about your ideas, maybe i can help some =)

Dougk173@aol.com

>>here's my response to the post about how many members spin, maybe that will help .... LATER!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

right here RIGHT here... i've been spinning for 7+ years now. i've had major residencies at the following places>> Cream , HUSH, nativa, MINT aka chaos all in NYC, katmandu in trenton, melody bar in new brunswick, felicity's in toronto & also a new monthly party at System Soundbar in toronto..

my style can be best described as funky chunky twisted~infused house! lots of shuffled tribal rhythms with influences from funk, soul, dub, garage & raggae all fused into one...

to the girls from RU that are into club music. whre are you i havent found that many yet and most of them are into hip hop. Half of them never even heard of sound factory and shit. it makes me mad that there are so few girls into clubmusic. if there would be more of yous then the seen at RU would prob be better

;) oh yeah by the way johnny vicious is the man. and i kno john michaels when he spun at limelight for a little while hes a cool guy can't wait to see him spin again only 2 more months.

Originally posted by clubbr315

to the girls from RU that are into club music. whre are you i havent found that many yet and most of them are into hip hop. Half of them never even heard of sound factory and shit. it makes me mad that there are so few girls into clubmusic. if there would be more of yous then the seen at RU would prob be better

;)

Um.. I'm right here.. club is practically my life from the music to the DJs to the clubbers to the dance.. I may be into different club music than most of the people that have replied to this post (and for those of you who know me, you know this is true) but I know my category of shit.. there are plenty of us out there.. you're just not looking hard enough. ;):D