Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you fix with Nocturnal?

V. Barbarino

This is not a bashing session, but rather some constructive criticism of the club. It's new so no one expects it to be perfect, it took LP years to get his clubs to a well oiled machine. So please be respectful and post what you do and don't like about it and your suggestive changes.

I'll admit I'm furious about this past weekend, but, i'm not going to bash them, but rather give them feedback.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writst bands... OMG this is like the DMV... It's a mess and needs to be changed.

Someone tipped me off to the fact that if you are already in the club and you need to get to the place to get the bands for what ever reason, YOU CAN'T, because you need a band to get into that section to get a band... lol

The place where you do get the bands, should be outside next to Richard... Why put it up the stairs? Every week I have drama at that booth.

Main room booth, needs to be moved. I couldn't see Roland if I have a pair of binoculars...

Please label the stairs. Each week I feel like i'm trapped and have to go to another door to use the stairs.. I can't understand their patterns.

Have a web based bottle ordering system.

Be able to pre pay for a bottle on any day the club staff is there, which I think is tuesday or wednesday.

Now, i've been clubbing here for oh so very long and I think I know almost everyone, if I had no idea Gil Fabulos could book tables out side of his room, then the general public won't either. Even my clubbing friends when I asked them all said, that gil only books his hip hop room... Gil informed me he could take care of it. And I will use Gil from now on, the person at the club who handles it now is rude, inconsiderate and treats you like you are a bother rather than a customer.

I must say, I do really like the bartenders... No old space bartenders at NOC, however no Amstel lite :(

I wish NOC nothing but sucess and I know you guys are doing better each week and I don't expect it to be perfect so here are some ideas you may want to work on or consider..

See you fridays...

Remember the blue horese loves the local celebrity party...

Guest musicalmissionary

My single VIP experience there sucked bigtime. It was Friday night, May 27th, and I waited 20+ minutes for my bottles. Then a friend came later and took the table next to us and after waiting 20+ minutes for his bottles, he just left. This guy is a part owner of Yagé and drops serious cash when he goes out. I guess they didn't want his money that night.

Besides improving their bottle service and getting rid of their retarded wrist-band policy on Saturday nights (hopefully by improving promotions so they can fill the club and not have to crowd-herd) ..... Nocturnal ROCKS!!!

Their Friday nights are WORLD-CLASS from beginning to end!!!

Guest macboy

I've only been there once, and the only thing that I thought needed a change was the main room DJ booth's placement. Can the DJ even see the crowd down there? Maybe tilt it 10 degrees.

Other than that, I have no complaints...yet. I don't spend too much time worrying about wristbands and VIP. If they come my way, I'm grateful, otherwise it doesn't kill a good time for me. I'm not friends with Dade, so I don't expect anything from him. I know you expect to be treated like royalty in there, so maybe it's harder to be content.

I would only get pissed if I was paying for bottle service and then was getting harrassed by security over wristbands and such.

I can't spend time worrying about the crowd as a whole. As long as the people I'm with are having a great time, that's really all that matters. ;)

Guest biznation00

DJ BOOTH MAINROOM...

needs to be lower so that you & the dj can interact with one another. That seems to be the biggest problem with the Mainroom in my opinion.

This past Saturday I wanted to create some sense of containment on the bottom floor, so I had this twin L shape vip on the south end of the dancefloor to create some warmth on that cold plain bottom floor. It seemed to work, so in my opinion that was a good change. but that's minimal vs the dj booth issue. Roland can't see the dancefloor from where he's standing. he had to play blind most of the time. As the dj, you have to lean way over & get on your tip toes to see half of the floor.

That's the biggest issue with the Mainfloor. and i think it creates that lack of energy, lack of vibe on the bottom dance floor pit.

Crobar NY dj booth was in a horrible location and it interfered with the flow of the room when they first opened. but they found a solution & relocated it...

Mainroom booth is a big problem for the house djs!

Guest davidorth

[Their Friday nights are WORLD-CLASS from beginning to end!!!]

agreed! Amazing combo of 3 very different, very fun, very successful parties.

Saturday obviously needs to be fixed. TAI is great, but not for downtown, at least not now (IMO). Their crowd is too posh and glitzy for downtown nightlife as it stands today.

Mainroom booth needs desperately to be moved downstairs. There's a perfect spot for it too.

I'd bring different talent on Saturdays, people that don't get booked at Space/Crobar. There's plenty of talent that would rock Miami if only given the chance.

Great club with great people. I wish them all the success in the world.

Guest rollyp66

Mainroom DJ Booth needs to be moved. There is no connection between the crowd & the DJ, there is just no vibe in the mainroom period.

I wish them the best, but it is all about the Local Celebraty party!!!! It rocks! Keep it up Biz, Roly & Rocky! you guys know I'm 100% behind you

Guest trauma

I'd bring different talent on Saturdays, people that don't get booked at Space/Crobar. There's plenty of talent that would rock Miami if only given the chance.

Great club with great people. I wish them all the success in the world.

Hmmm, I can name a few DJs that would fit the bill .... ;) ;D

Guest Devilicious

Traffic flow on the patio. Especially when it's crowded, it's difficult to get from one side to the other. I don't like that you can only go up one stairway and down the other. It doesn't make sense.

Guest biznation00

Traffic flow on the patio. Especially when it's crowded, it's difficult to get from one side to the other. I don't like that you can only go up one stairway and down the other. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, that seems to be a problem i think also. but small in comparison to the mainroom booth. It's tough to get comfortable on the terrace in the middle of the dancefloor. You're always interrupted with the flow of traffic crossing from bar to bar. it's going to be tough to find a solution for that, but I'm going to work on things like this to improve the flow of the terrace...

also think that the dj should be 1ft or 2ft higher than the dancefloor, but we cant change that right now. Vips should have a platform, 1ft higher than the dancefloor also. I'm not too thrilled with the space that i call the "black hole" by the bathrooms up there, but our bartenders there have such great personality at that bar that they keep that section hoppin'! Big ups to Lark, Oliver & company!

positives are that we have dance pods now & they add different levels of movement & action to the terrace.

Guest biznation00

positives are that we have dance pods now & they add different levels of movement & action to the terrace.

you have Cloned POD and they Dance? do they take pictures also? :o ??? ::) ;D

imagine that... ;D

on the same token, anything I can get up on & monkey around on is my friend. my mom used to yell at me when i climbed trees as a kid.

DJ BOOTH MAINROOM...

needs to be lower so that you & the dj can interact with one another. That seems to be the biggest problem with the Mainroom in my opinion.

This past Saturday I wanted to create some sense of containment on the bottom floor, so I had this twin L shape vip on the south end of the dancefloor to create some warmth on that cold plain bottom floor. It seemed to work, so in my opinion that was a good change. but that's minimal vs the dj booth issue. Roland can't see the dancefloor from where he's standing. he had to play blind most of the time. As the dj, you have to lean way over & get on your tip toes to see half of the floor.

That's the biggest issue with the Mainfloor. and i think it creates that lack of energy, lack of vibe on the bottom dance floor pit.

Crobar NY dj booth was in a horrible location and it interfered with the flow of the room when they first opened. but they found a solution & relocated it...

Mainroom booth is a big problem for the house djs!

i totally agree with the booth comment...other than that...i had GREAT time at Nocturnal...the staff is more professional and more cordial than at Space...Nocturnal gets good marks in decor and in staff....

i totally agree with the booth comment...other than that...i had GREAT time at Nocturnal...the staff is more professional and more cordial than at Space...Nocturnal gets good marks in decor and in staff....

My 2 cents. 1) the booth in the mairoom needs to be on the first floor about 2 feet above the dancefloor allowing the dj to ineract with the crowd 2)A big name DJ on saturdays in the main room at least twice a month to pack the club and create a core following ( Eric Morillo, David Morales, Roger Sanchez or TS). Dimitri and Feelgood are great, I love the stuff they play, but people in Miami are not used or ready for their sound(yet). I can see them coming back a year to 18 months from now AFTER Nocturnal established a solid saturday following. When the club is already packed, it's not hard to get people used to a new type of sound. I don't see any reason why the mainroom can't be open until 8 am and the patio till 12 on a saturday/sunday morning. 3) The TAI crowd will NEVER be as hardcore and in tune with the music as the Space crowd. Afterhours will never mean a damn thing to them. Forget it. Stuff them in the side room. 4) Fix the bracelet situation. The beauty of Nocturnal as opposed to Space is that you don't have to wait till 6am to open the patio. It's always open. Take advantage of it. Space cannot do that, it's too big, they cannot open the patio early in the night. 5) Keep the party going in the mainroom on fridays as well after Craze in done. (different sound). Some people want to retreat to the mainroom from time to time. I don't think you guys realize the potential of ths place. I certainly see it. Packed fridays and saturday from 11pm to 12 the next day.

But one thing I have to say is that I like the staff, security, managers promoters etc . Professional and Friendly. You actually feel like they appreciate your presence there. I never feel the hostility and lack of respect that is sometimes felt at Space. I LOVE the fact that you do not have to be VIP to sit down. The sound system; No matter how loud they pump it, never leaves your ears ringing. I always said you got my 150% support. Good luck, By this time next year, you'll be good.

3) The TAI crowd will NEVER be as hardcore and in tune with the music as the Space crowd. Afterhours will never mean a damn thing to them. Forget it. Stuff them in the side room.

or deport them back to france...

My 2 cents. 1) the booth in the mairoom needs to be on the first floor about 2 feet above the dancefloor allowing the dj to ineract with the crowd 2)A big name DJ on saturdays in the main room at least twice a month to pack the club and create a core following ( Eric Morillo' date=' David Morales, Roger Sanchez or TS). Dimitri and Feelgood are great, I love the stuff they play, but people in Miami are not used or ready for their sound(yet). I can see them coming back a year to 18 months from now AFTER Nocturnal established a solid saturday following. When the club is already packed, it's not hard to get people used to a new type of sound. I don't see any reason why the mainroom can't be open until 8 am and the patio till 12 on a saturday/sunday morning. 3) The TAI crowd will NEVER be as hardcore and in tune with the music as the Space crowd. Afterhours will never mean a damn thing to them. Forget it. Stuff them in the side room. 4) Fix the bracelet situation. The beauty of Nocturnal as opposed to Space is that you don't have to wait till 6am to open the patio. It's always open. Take advantage of it. Space cannot do that, it's too big, they cannot open the patio early in the night. 5) Keep the party going in the mainroom on fridays as well after Craze in done. (different sound). Some people want to retreat to the mainroom from time to time. I don't think you guys realize the potential of ths place. I certainly see it. Packed fridays and saturday from 11pm to 12 the next day.

But one thing I have to say is that I like the staff, security, managers promoters etc . Professional and Friendly. You actually feel like they appreciate your presence there. I never feel the hostility and lack of respect that is sometimes felt at Space. I LOVE the fact that you do not have to be VIP to sit down. The sound system; No matter how loud they pump it, never leaves your ears ringing. I always said you got my 150% support. Good luck, By this time next year, you'll be good.

[/quote']

and here we go again Rick ..

every single time you post something about nocturnal u have to compare it to space ...

i believe you were one of the first people that actually told me "nocturnal could never be compared to space because they are gonna target a different crowd"

for your information there buddy .. the patio @ space DO get open from beginning till end on special events and other parties for example, hip hop parties, world sounds etc etc ...and hell they get packed ...

as matter of fact, they do get enough people to have a decent crowd downstairs (both mairoom and ultra lounge), upstairs on the vip areas and outside on the terrace .. all that before 1am ..

seems to me you havent gotten over the fact you were BANNED from Space so now you say stuff that u didnt before ... (staff is not as friendly as... music is not as good as .... blah blah blah)

im getting sick and tired of your stupid comparison .. both nocturnal and space DO attract different crowds period .. and at a certain point they cannot be compared to one another

get to know ur people before u talk about them buddy

Guest mursa

My 2 cents. 1) the booth in the mairoom needs to be on the first floor about 2 feet above the dancefloor allowing the dj to ineract with the crowd 2)A big name DJ on saturdays in the main room at least twice a month to pack the club and create a core following ( Eric Morillo, David Morales, Roger Sanchez or TS). Dimitri and Feelgood are great, I love the stuff they play, but people in Miami are not used or ready for their sound(yet). I can see them coming back a year to 18 months from now AFTER Nocturnal established a solid saturday following. When the club is already packed, it's not hard to get people used to a new type of sound. I don't see any reason why the mainroom can't be open until 8 am and the patio till 12 on a saturday/sunday morning. 3) The TAI crowd will NEVER be as hardcore and in tune with the music as the Space crowd. Afterhours will never mean a damn thing to them. Forget it. Stuff them in the side room. 4) Fix the bracelet situation. The beauty of Nocturnal as opposed to Space is that you don't have to wait till 6am to open the patio. It's always open. Take advantage of it. Space cannot do that, it's too big, they cannot open the patio early in the night. 5) Keep the party going in the mainroom on fridays as well after Craze in done. (different sound). Some people want to retreat to the mainroom from time to time. I don't think you guys realize the potential of ths place. I certainly see it. Packed fridays and saturday from 11pm to 12 the next day.

every single time you post something about nocturnal u have to compare it to space ...

i believe you were one of the first people that actually told me "nocturnal could never be compared to space because they are gonna target a different crowd"

for your information there buddy .. the patio @ space DO get open from beginning till end on special events and other parties for example, hip hop parties, world sounds etc etc ...and hell they get packed ...

as matter of fact, they do get enough people to have a decent crowd downstairs (both mairoom and ultra lounge), upstairs on the vip areas and outside on the terrace .. all that before 1am ..

seems to me you havent gotten over the fact you were BANNED from Space so now you say stuff that u didnt before ... (staff is not as friendly as... music is not as good as .... blah blah blah)

im getting sick and tired of your stupid comparison .. both nocturnal and space DO attract different crowds period .. and at a certain point they cannot be compared to one another

You go boy , you and your badass self !

035.jpg

Ok buddy, You just proved to everybody how much of an emotional little bitch you are. You're still mad about yesterday's thread, and you just want to get even. Space will never give you a shot, you're nobody ANDREW, you will never get a job at Space. About me being banned, I knew you were going to bring that up. And you know what, I don't care. Most of my friends know already. People make mistakes, get over it BITCH. Besides, Space and Nocturnal will be competitors whether they like it or not. Many people can attest to the fact that the staff at Noc is nicer than Space's. I give space props when they deserve it. But I also have to point out the negatives. I have to speak the TRUTH!!! I didn't say what I said because I'm not allowed at Space anymore, I said it because it's TRUE. They treat people like shit at Space. I've seen bouncers punch and shove people for no reason. But you're too busy sucking balls over there to notice. The only time you will be in the DJ booth at space is when you're next to the DJ, never behind the turntables. You Suck, it's just that nobody has the balls to tell you.