Nikki Beach review

V. Barbarino

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fez

it was supposedyl "outside"

9:00 pm came...and they brought it inside....

what sux the most....is that no matter if they do it 100 times...

i'll still go back to any toher event...lol

Guest michael^heaven

what sux the most....is that no matter if they do it 100 times...

i'll still go back to any toher event...lol

uhh.gificon_scratch.gifuhh.gif

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I think Nikki Beach is really a place to enjoy during the daytime, nighttime is more of a chill place.

thumbs up to:

- Parantula ... they opened well for the rest of the djs and yet again for Tenaglia since the night party got moved upstairs to Pearl ....

thumbs down to:

- a few of the bartenders there, i guess most of them must have been stressed out from the weekend (i was told sunday night party ended past 5am with a full house) so in a way i understood but you could always try and keep a smile and say "your welcome"

- the very late set up outside, 11:30am and it took 2 full hours for the first cd to be played ... this which eventually lead to not hearing neither Ivano or Cedric on the decks

great party overal

Guest tiltmiami

the best 4th i ever had.Thanks Katia,Gino for hooking me up

with the tix.Parantula was great so was Diaga.

great job Guerra the party was great

Guest Fez

who was te dude playing when they took it inside around 10:00 p.m.???

and what time did Danny go on???

Guest Roxybella1

I had a great time. I arrived around 5:00 pm and it wasent crazy packed...I was outside by the teepees laying out with my friends..but like around 9:00 pm alot more people started coming in. The music was good..It sucked when they had to stop the music and let everyone know the party had to be moved inside, but when I moved inside..it was sooooo packed.... ..inside was too small for so many people!!!! Cue was spinning at that time...but sorry to say,me and my friends werent feeling the music at all... I decided to go upstairs...and thats where I truly enjoyed the party...Dj Armand was spinning...it was soooo good!!!! It wasent as packed as downstairs...but the music was great!!! Electric Funky Music...Believe me!!! If im not feeling the music...I wont have fun...I left around 12:30 am..So I dont know how the party finished...but It was alright...It wasent as good as I thought it would be...

Thank you Biz for hooking it up... ;)

Hope you all had a great 4rth of July weekend 8) :D

Guest Roxybella1

who was te dude playing when they took it inside around 10:00 p.m.???

and what time did Danny go on???

Cue was spinning inside at 10:00 pm... :-\ Did not like it much.

Guest soozin

i got tehre like 3pm, had a freaking blast til the shut the music off outside... then it was like wtf.. wasnt feelin the packed crowd thing inside so we ended up leaving before danny which kinda sucks. did anyone stay? i didnt know they were moving it upstairs.. im curious how that went...

outside of all that @ night, i looooooved the daytime! would do it all over in minute! great seeing everyone that i did through the day!

Guest Roxybella1

i got tehre like 3pm, had a freaking blast til the shut the music off outside... then it was like wtf.. wasnt feelin the packed crowd thing inside so we ended up leaving before danny which kinda sucks. did anyone stay? i didnt know they were moving it upstairs.. im curious how that went...

outside of all that @ night, i looooooved the daytime! would do it all over in minute! great seeing everyone that i did through the day!

OUTSIDE IN THE DAY TIME WAS NICE...IT WAS RELAXING...THE WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL....INSIDE NIKKIS AFTER THE MUSIC WAS SHUT DOWN!!! FOR ME IT TOTALLY KILLED THE PARTY! I WENT UPSTAIRS LIKE AROUND 10:45 AND WAS THERE ON THE OPENING OF ARMAND!!!! IT WAS AWESOME! I LOVED THE MUSIC...HE WAS GREAT...NOT SO PACKED BUT A DESCENT AMOUNT OF PEOPLE...AND THEN I LEFT PRETTY EARLY..BEFORE DANNY SPINNED :-\ BUT OVERALL I HAD A GREAT TIME WITH ALL MY FRIENDS!!! :D

I have mixed feelings on the party at Nikkis, During the day was fun, the music was about B- for my style, the relaxing atmosphere was chill, people were really freindlu.

The bars at Nikkis was just plain understaffed. The drink prices were very high, even for SoBe, and $10 for just a hamburger?

I was there early @ 2 pm, and it was sizzling out.

The word for the day "NAKEDNESS"

It was good hanging and seeing The Saleen Crew, CrazyC, Andrew, Spyderchic Liminshka , Pinkkat, angelnoc, Biz, and many more ;D :D

Guest Fez

I have mixed feelings on the party at Nikkis, During the day was fun, the music was about B- for my style, the relaxing atmosphere was chill, people were really freindlu.

The bars at Nikkis was just plain understaffed. The drink prices were very high, even for SoBe, and $10 for just a hamburger?

It was good hanging and seeing The Saleen Crew, CrazyC, Andrew, Spyderchic Liminshka , Pinkkat, angelnoc, Biz, and many more ;D :D

i'll post some ass pics when i get home...lol

To be honest that party had ZERO to do with the muisc. They should have just hired OG and charged less at the door brought in barcadi for promotions...

The party kicked fucking ass!!! Hanging with friends, drinking brew dogs in the sun with all the hot guidette monsters with house in the back ground was so much fucking fun... Miami is spoiled...

Good times....

Guest Devilicious

thumbs down to:

- a few of the bartenders there, i guess most of them must have been stressed out from the weekend (i was told sunday night party ended past 5am with a full house) so in a way i understood but you could always try and keep a smile and say "your welcome"

- the very late set up outside, 11:30am and it took 2 full hours for the first cd to be played ... this which eventually lead to not hearing neither Ivano or Cedric on the decks

great party overal

I agree, both of those things were issues. I think the prices at Nikki are actually quite reasonable, and they did not hike them for this special event. $7 for a well drink....$10 for a Mojito (which is a lot more liquor) is quite good. While all of the bartenders may not have been smiling, the shots of Jager were substantial, which is more important IMO. The food there is pricey, but it's an upscale venue. $10 for a hamburger is just the way it is on the beach. :-\

I caught the last of Parantula's set, which I thought was fuckin great. Next person I really heard was Lawler, who I was impressed with. Loved the bangin hard beats, especially in the daytime. I wasn't sure I was going to like his set, but I did (at least what I heard of it)

Great seeing all the CJers as always. Sorry I had to peace out early, but that had been a looooooooong day...

DT's review:

I have never ever in my life started a thread where I was the one reviewing an event that I was a part of. Many times I have corresponded with everyone in replies with everything from "Thank You's" to agreeing if certain things could have been better, etc....

However, last night here in Miami at Nikki Beach was one of the most BIZARRE EXPERIENCES I have encountered as a professional DJ in so long that I really can't say I have much else to compare it to ...... I have had many weird gigs in my days, of course, but now that it's 2005 and this has become a Big Business Globally, well this one takes the cake. I hope many people will add a review that was there. Alan T was in the house, Behrouz, Anita, Ron B., Melanie, Larry M. ....

* Surreal is almost a good description also ......

I started at Midnight and on my second tune after DJ CUE who was rocking it, I had to start to a very full on and eager crowd (which is never easy as there is no warm up time) and I had to make sense of the equipment set up in front of me and although we supposedly had a permit until 5AM I was told as I just put on my second song to LOWER IT that the Police were outside ..

I couldn't believe it and was pissed of course. Then they shut the speakers and only left on the tweeters ... DUH ....

LET ME REWIND A SECOND ..... Right before I even started and as I was about to, some asshole sprayed MACE inside the venue and everyone was covering their mouths and many (including me) were choking and confused as to what it was?

I never experienced that before and many crazy and scary thoughts were going through my head .... As I was grasping for AIR I was in fear that maybe it was strange Terror type thing? OR was it a Police thing? I was full of Anxiety as everyone else was that had their shirts over the mouths and noses until it subsided about 2 minutes later - which felt like 2 hours at that moment ...

I almost panicked and was thinking of how to get my stuff packed and all my belongings with me in ONE DEEP BREATH and dash to the Exit! I was afraid there was gonna be some kind of stampede and that my CD books and my Laptop would be lost or stolen ...

My poor lil' head!

Then the sound was not coming back on ..... SOOOO we moved the party upstairs to this very cool and funky ORANGE room (my favorite color, for those who care to know) ...

However, I was now without a turntable, no Pioneer CDJ's, No Cycloops, No FX unit and I had to play with only one very old and CHEESY DENON with tiny faders (not much pitch range) ....

BUT THE STORY ENDS GREAT, BECAUSE THOSE PEOPLE THAT WERE PATIENT AND STUCK IT OUT WITH ME AND ALL OF US INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN, WELL, WE WOUND UP HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME FROM ABOUT 1:30 until 5AM! I tried my best to stay cool under all the pressure, not get pissed at anyone, keep my peace, and to BE professional and do my job for all the people who came to hear music and dance - AND WE DID!

The sound in the Orange room was small but not extremely hideous

(Ok, compared to SPIRIT the sound was HIDEOUS) ....

But everyone stayed, they danced and UNDERSTOOD that it was not my fault.

I apologized to everyone and thanked them for coming and that I would not leave as long as I could continue. I said I only have this Denon deck up here and I will do what I have to do until 5AM .... And I did!

AND WITH A BIG SMILE!

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, RIGHT?

So, I didn't get to play many, many songs because I had a lot of vinyl with me, and I had ZERO room inside the booth to dance around, there wasn't even a shelf for records or CD books, just some space, but definitely not appropriate space for a DJ's records or CD's.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT CAME AND UNDERSTOOD! I WANT TO PROMISE THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN, BUT WE SHOULD NEVER SAY NEVER!

I have learned from this lesson and I will now be even more anal about getting there extra early for sound checks and stuff.

The Miami Beach Sound Ordinance Blows! I know it wasn't Nikki Beaches fault, so I am no longer angry at them, but initially I was because I felt like WHY AM HERE? If I was hired to play from 12-5am then what about the PERMIT? ...... Who knows? Was is the police? Was it local complaints? Was it disco sabotage? LOL Who knows ???

We are all home safe and happy. No one was hurt and at the end everyone was screaming and clapping, so I guess my half ass set was not to shabby after all.

I await the replies and I'll edit more DTails in later as they come to me.

Ok, Your turn Alan! ..... Tell them about the drunk from Moscow who said I was great when I played Russia but wanted me to play trance last night and said I was now very bad! haha! I said you get up here and do this! Alan proceeded to tear the mans shirt right off his chest ....... IT WAS ALL PART OF "THE SHOW"

Expect the unexpected, always!

With love & peace,

...dt..

Guest vynelmuzik

I got there @12pm with Johnny Ramirez and our significant others and the sound was not even close to being done. This was my only negative part of the whole day besides leaving @ 9 and not hering DT. All the sets were excepable nothing crazy but the vibe was def great for a beach gathering. I had a feeling things were going to get crazy on the transition to the inside so I left(good choice?). Good seeing all the CJ heads.

Guest Electric Eel

I had a great time, Mojitos all day, yumm. Thankfully I have a friend that bartends there so after drinking for about 7 hours my tab was only $25 ;D. Great seeing and hanging out with those that I did.

p.s. I love my master bitch ;D :-*

Guest barstar diana

i enjoyed nikki beach form the beach literally..lol the budget wouldnt allow me to go inside because that meant to much money spending!! burgers for 10 bucks..you see what i mean!

Guest Electric Eel

Good hanging with you as well. Cant wait to see the pics that you took, the one of me and michelle is hot 8)

Guest Roxybella1

THE PARTY WAS JUST GOOD TO HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS..HAVE A COUPLE OF DRINKS AND ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER...THE MUSIC WAS NOT ALL THAT..THE SOUND SYSTEM WAS NOT SO GOOD...I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY TO GET IN BUT FOR THOSE WHO DID,I DONT THINK IT WAS WORTH PAYING 45 DOLLARS FOR THE PARTY. I HAD MORE FUN AT NOCTURNAL LAST FRIDAY! THE PARTY WAS CRAZY...I LOVE NIKKIS...ITS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE...BUT IN MY OPINION I DONT THINK ITS THE RIGHT PLACE TO HAVE BIG EVENTS LIKE THIS! DID YOU GUYS CHECKED UPSTAIRS LIKE AROUND 10:45?? IT WAS NOT SO CROWDED BUT THE MUSIC WAS REAL GOOD..HOT ELECTRIC FUNKY TRACKS WERE PLAYED BY "ARMAND"...HE TOTALLY ROCKED IT! BUT I SURE DID HAVE A GREAT TIME ;D ;D