Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What You dislike most about WMC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

If Miami was conference all the time, the lot of you would still find something to bitch about. DJ Soap-on-a-Rope from downtown Bratislava wouldn't be getting his due here in Miami, and there'd all of the sudden be a gallows erected on South Pointe, where the evil club owners and promoters would get their just desserts, eh comrade?

Guest LeVeL

If Miami was conference all the time, the lot of you would still find something to bitch about. DJ Soap-on-a-Rope from downtown Bratislava wouldn't be getting his due here in Miami, and there'd all of the sudden be a gallows erected on South Pointe, where the evil club owners and promoters would get their just desserts, eh comrade?

Exactly..if WMC was all year around then...what FUN would WMC in March then.

Thats the whole purpose...having WMC once a year for a week.

Guest pod

They'd all be sick of Detroit after about a year too. I'm sure they bitch about all the techno and gunfire. I'd laugh like a crack-smoking degenerate if I found out the Detroit kids were lusting after trance, or disco house. Or they just kind of had it up to here with this damn thump-thump-thump music and they wanna see George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

Guest frankthetank

guidos are taking over...last year was bad, this year will be worse.

Just avoid the JP parties and you will be fine. ;D

Guest ramon

They'd all be sick of Detroit after about a year too. I'm sure they bitch about all the techno and gunfire. I'd laugh like a crack-smoking degenerate if I found out the Detroit kids were lusting after trance, or disco house. Or they just kind of had it up to here with this damn thump-thump-thump music and they wanna see George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

i mean it would be nice if some people would try something new after hearing something new at the wmc. atleast try its not like these people have names in miami anyway. ffs look what happened with wooly and raver nic .. something like that. </rant>

both of those scenes exist in detroit .. they just happen to also have a very good techno scene as well, which keeps people happy. souldega does house , another group does trance and paxahau and few other folks do techno. ;)

Guest lyrik

Hate when they run the schedule alongside BET Bling week or MTV spring break...and hey POD...ya gotta ease up on the mid-west because honestly people up there aren't as ignorant as you try to make them out to be...I'm sure in any rural area you're gonna get those types...but come on now...go to Hialeah...Davie...Homestead and you get the same shit...rememeber if it wasn't for the mid-west (Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit etc) who knows where a lot of current music may be...EDM or otherwise... it goes back more than just a couple decades.

Guest frankthetank

Hate when they run the schedule alongside BET Bling week or MTV spring break...

WMC doesn't run the same time as BET Bling week does it?

Guest lyrik

Last year it did...you didn't notice how bad the streets were during conference last year? Well at least in the city up and down all three major streets....ocean, collins and washington.

Guest pod

Bad scheduling. The city needs to be aware of shit like that.

And yeah, I know not everyone from the flyover states is that bad, but the bulk of people who annoy me seem to have licenses from that area of the country. It is more of a mindset than anything, like you said, there's fools everywhere. Guess it's a result of this country being founded by a bunch of puritanical prudes.

Guest ramon

Last year it did...you didn't notice how bad the streets were during conference last year? Well at least in the city up and down all three major streets....ocean, collins and washington.

TI's What you know was the record of the wmc last year. I heard it blaring everywhere.

Guest tres-b

Jesus Christ Bling, you're as predictable as the elections in Cuba during conference.

My gripe? Tourists from the midwest looking for "techno" and "e".

When you are from the midwest, its all techno. :P

Guest pod

Call me snooty and nostalgic, but wasn't conference established for the industry and the fans in a way. Lately it seems the week is turning into Spring Break with dance music.

It is as if COMDEX or Macworld was all of the sudden run over by people who only had a vague idea of computing or Macintoshes.

Guest frankthetank

I didn't attend WMC last year. :)

I read on the internet Spring Bling is at Haulover Beach. Date TBA.

Guest tres-b

Call me snooty and nostalgic, but wasn't conference established for the industry and the fans in a way. Lately it seems the week is turning into Spring Break with dance music.

Thats how I see it as well...cheesefest!!

Guest frankthetank

Thats how I see it as well...cheesefest!!

Regardless it's still the best chance to see a ton of great DJ's in one city in one week. Spring Break with dance music isn't all that bad.

Guest pod

Yeah. A lot of people might say "well the kids are spending money" or something. That might be partially true, but however, the DJs are coming anyways, there's really no need to draw a market which by and large cannot get into most parties, to the city during conference time.

Tell them all to stay up in Panama City, etc with all the other degenerates.