Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What You dislike most about WMC

yeah wmc is STILL the best week of the year in miami but what is the thing u like least about wmc?

My gripe used to be the crowds but i avoid places that u cant even move in.... so my main issue is mostly

parties where u have 5+ djs playing in one nite and its a one room venue.. basically a dj plays like 60 min-90 min..

its cool u get to see lots of djs but they cant get setup and deliver that killer set...... plus when u have 5+ djs in a party u might hear repeat tracks. a few parties i went to last yr this happened.

best set i heard was Ben Watt and he had 3.5 hrs to play (good set time for a WMC event)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest electrobabe

TOO many things too doooo!! Not really a gripe, I love having all the options, but it's almost overwhelming at times.

Last year was my first year so I'm really not jaded about anything about conference yet :P

i already know where im goin 2-3 weeks in advance. i can guarantee ill be at these places during wmc

1. pawn shop

2. the marlin

3. cafeteria

4. boat party

5. marlin again

6. random venus like "The Fifth" (if aquabooty has a party there again)

7. shine(if open for wmc)

8. Mansion for OM party

9. wherever ben watt plays

i will be cutting down on number of parties though compared to other yrs

Guest pod

Jesus Christ Bling, you're as predictable as the elections in Cuba during conference.

My gripe? Tourists from the midwest looking for "techno" and "e".

Jesus Christ Bling, you're as predictable as the elections in Cuba during conference.

yep these places rock during wmc.... esp the marlin. what a gem.... it gets a bit hot in there but who cares. the djs they bring in for free day parties are insane

Guest dj moyn

"techno" and "e" GOT TO LOVE THOSE PEOPLE!, or when house music is being played and someone comes up and says "do you think they will play any house music at this party?" yea i love that!

Guest Mattivi

pod, you really have a tangible disdain for people from the midwest. not everybody from the midwest is an ignorant fool.

Guest pod

It is the culture and lifestyle that exist out there I have a disdain for. Ignorance and hypocrisy prevail. They'll go out to Vegas for a little hell-raising, then confess in church the next Sunday.

Stupidity knows no region, but it just seems to glom up in the Midwest.

Guest Mattivi

It is the culture and lifestyle that exist out there I have a disdain for. Ignorance and hypocrisy prevail. They'll go out to Vegas for a little hell-raising, then confess in church the next Sunday.

Stupidity knows no region, but it just seems to glom up in the Midwest.

it must the from their repressive puritan upbringing.

Guest pod

Egg-fucking-zactly.

I've seen it in a lot of cultures, WASP, Asian, fundamentalist Muslims. You repress the baser instincts without a healthy outlet, and the result is shit like serial killers, zaibatsu passing around sex slaves, and suicide bombers.

But anyhow, in general, I am annoyed by the overwhelming amount of clueless tourists that just seem to come on down during conference time. One of the steps I've often suggested to counteract it is to put it in early March, when it is still technically "Winter", before the bulk of the tourists (usually college kids) have their Spring Break. They did that a few years ago, and it was one of the best conferences I had.

Guest LeVeL

I dislike the smelly Europeans that dont put deodorant on or Take a Bath, when they go to daytime parties and sweat.

I dislike the Girl to GUY Ration in venues and clubs...more women need to start attending Parties during conference.

Guest pod

The 2309787823457843257 articles on every two-bit dance music site on how much Miami sucks. I won't name names, but most of them are based in New York. They all act like we're criminals for demanding a little respect as the host city.

Guest frankthetank

pod, you really have a tangible disdain for people from the midwest. not everybody from the midwest is an ignorant fool.

I think a lot of these remarks are ignorant. That's like saying everyone in Miami are drug dealers, whores, and thieves. ;D

Guest Devilicious

guidos are taking over...last year was bad, this year will be worse.

this is true. The VC party at Shelborne was outta control.

The only other gripe I have is that it's difficult to get a cab.

But then when you do get one, it's sure to be an entertaining experience, so it's kinda worth it.

Guest pod

Cab? Forget about it. It's easier to walk. Only reason I cabbed it last year was because of being less than 100% capable. Normally if I'm fucking about on the Beach, I'll walk.

Guest Devilicious

Cab? Forget about it. It's easier to walk. Only reason I cabbed it last year was because of being less than 100% capable. Normally if I'm fucking about on the Beach, I'll walk.

You're going to walk from Nikki Beach to Shine? Cos I sure ain't. Plus my apartment has the benefit of being on the west side of the island, somewhat away from the madness where I can still finalge myself a parking spot, but making walking difficult. It's an option, but I'm usually so exhausted, hot and/or drunk it doesn't happen.

Guest pod

Walking is half the fun. 18th to 1st is peanuts. I've walked the entire Venetian Causeway before. Not willingly, but I did it. Long story.

Sometimes you'll stumble across a party or something along the way. And 90 percent of the time I'll walk at night when it isn't hot.

Besides, I walk really fast. During conference I've got things to do, and waiting for a cab isn't one of them.

Guest Devilicious

Walking is half the fun. 18th to 1st is peanuts. I've walked the entire Venetian Causeway before. Not willingly, but I did it. Long story.

Sometimes you'll stumble across a party or something along the way. And 90 percent of the time I'll walk at night when it isn't hot.

Besides, I walk really fast. During conference I've got things to do, and waiting for a cab isn't one of them.

lol... I guess it depends on your perspective. At least you weren't dumb enough to walk the 195 or 395. The Venitian is so pretty, and nice and shaded. 8)

Guest pod

True story. One time, when I had access to the scooter at my building, it stalled out about 100 metres east of the first drawbridge. I had to push the damn thing in 95 degree weather all the way across the causeway to the gas station.