Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a question for you all... please answer... whos parents are still together??

djmoonshine

... not the sexiest topic in the world, i know cwm20.gif ... but there's some type of point behind it...

i was talking to someone and realized that out of all my friends, only three have parents that are still together...

... the other night i was watching an old episode of road rules and the cast had just met was talking about the parents thing... there was not one out of the 6 that had parents that were still together... yes, i know... it's just that stupid show, but the fact that all of them were all raised by their mothers struck me...

and the point of this all??

what hope is there for me to find true happiness??? cwm36.gif

it's just such a sad thought that pure marital bliss doesn't seem to exist... and yeah of course, there are people that are still happily married but god that number is becoming so few...

plus there are tons of people who have no idea that their spouse is cheating on them... who knows how many marriages aren't truthful...

obviously this topic is a pure vent... sorry you guys have to deal with it.. but is there anyone who feels the same? disagrees?

i guess all little mooney wants is a happy ending... why does it seem like its so much to ask??

anywhoozles.. i love you all anyway...

cwm38.gif mooney

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

life's a ride... pack light...

AIM: dELERiUM 540

My parents are still together. I don't think they'll ever get divorced. They may kill each other one day, but they'll never get divorced.

Jess, congratulations on reaching Goddess status!

------------------

calvin.gifcwm12.gifcwm30.gif

[This message has been edited by aboyfrombklyn (edited 07-08-2001).]

I tought my parent would still together after 27 years of marriage and well two years ago they separate it was strange but anyway....

I agree with you djmoonshine is so hard to find a couple who still in love like the first days, there are several reason i could say about why the marriage failes.

one of the must frequently reason is :

people gets married with the mentality:

"if this doesnt work I can get divorce", they are not yet married and they are thinking in divorce already , people doesnt like to have problems;they like to go for the easy way "DIVORCE"

they dont like to work it out, not even make the effort...

people has wrong ideas about marriage and love thats the just the beggining of theire problems

MISTAKES:

1)thinking once u get a partener he/she has to change his/her habbits,such a thing like:

he has to be with u all the time, dont go out with ur friends etc..

2)once u get married u start to lose all interest: u dont fix ur self anymore , no more nice details or surprises , no more i love yous, you dont miss that person that often as u did before.

3)you have babies right away,u don't even enjoy your partner: people often have babies in the first years of marriage,they think that will bring happiness of coars it would bring happiness but also would take away the must important days of the marriage; why ???

Because the first years of every marriage

are the foundation , the base for the next years if u don't enjoy it at the beggining the consecuenses will show up later..

4)people often thinks they must have kids,

they think is a mission to have them..

Conclucion:

if u feel u are not the type of person who would like to have kids then don't have them, there wouldn't be any problem if u don't want to have them; people often have kids just because they feel like they need to have them,like if is an obligation ..

enjoy your marriage,dont have kids right away , take ur time,enjoy the intimacy because remember once u have kids your whole life would change...

U dont have to change your life just because u have a partner now in ur life,

keep doing the same things , don't stop going out with friends, don't stop being free..

"The must important thing":don't change with your partner keep the little details , surprises, gifts , love words,all this will keep the love and your marriage alive.

This will work if u never stop working hard on your marriage, this is not a work of one person this is a work of two..

don't be lazy, dont be bored: get that ass up and work ur relationship...

REMEMBER a very important thing:

I KNOW U LOVE ME BUT I LIKE TO HEAR IT,

SEE IT AND FEEL IT

LOVE STILL ALIVE!!!!

------------------

gq-jan2.jpg

Making Love And Having Sex The Biggest Pleasures in This Life. ScaredGirL.

mine are getting divorced within the year

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Guest crystalmethodny

Check this out:

My parents met... and 2 weeks later they were married. How wack is that? True love? Perhaps... they are still together. smile.gif

28 years.

Scaredgirl: Damn sweets, you have the BEST signatures. smile.gif Come to NY!

wink.gif

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"In the hall, in the bathroom, in the basement, in the coatcheck... and even up the block, oops!"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

www.urbanpromos.com

Originally posted by romy20:

My parents have have been married for like almost 25 years now!!!

But the thing is that they love eachother, but its not even a marriage!! When they see eachother, they never kiss or stuff like that. I don't know they're just like whatever now. I don't even think they have sex anymore, I'm serious, cause like even at nite they sleep wiht the door wide open and my rooms by theirs and nothing.

I think its my dad's fault cause he's soo preoccupied with his work and all, thats all he does.

I don't know, the bottom line is that they are still married, but to me its not a marriage.

romy20

this is a tough one... because yeah, your parents are still married and together, but if they're just going through the motions but have no feelings anymore, then is it the same? but then again, maybe after a while, love without sex, or affection is the way things work out... i really don't know...

btw... scaredgirl, everything you said was def. def. true... and good lord your sig is hot... you have amazing taste... cwm38.gif

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

VERY INTERESTING TOPIC, BUT IN MY CASE BOTH OF MY PARENTS ARE STILL MARRIED FOR OVER 35YRS NOW AND CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY GOT MARRIED YOUNG. MY FATHER WAS 20 AT THE TIME AND MY MOTHER WAS 18. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DO IT BUT I GUESS IT'S IN THEIR RELIGION OR HOW THEY BOTH GOT RAISED. THEY GO OUT EVERY WEEKEND TO A RESTARAUNT AND GO TO THE MOVIES ON SUNDAY. I GUESS I'M LUCKY TO SEE THAT MY PARENTS ARE STILL TOGETHER. GEESH!

------------------

CarlitosWay.JPG

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Check this out:

My parents met... and 2 weeks later they were married. How wack is that? True love? Perhaps... they are still together. smile.gif

28 years.

Scaredgirl: Damn sweets, you have the BEST signatures. smile.gif Come to NY!

wink.gif

crystalmethodny and djmoonshine thank u for the nice comments of my sig she is HOT!!!

------------------

gq-jan2.jpg

Making Love And Having Sex The Biggest Pleasures in This Life.

[This message has been edited by scaredgirl (edited 07-08-2001).]

My parents got divorced when I was 3... Within one year she met my step dad and they moved in together within 3 dates. She never wanted to get remarried and he gave her an ultimatium (sp).. Well this past June they celebrated 25 years of marriage. They have problems, however they love each other a lot!!! They understand each other and yes they still make love. Each of us kids, have caught them numerous times throughout the years....

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

p

Originally posted by scaredgirl:

crystalmethodny and djmoonshine thank u for the nice comments of my sig she is HOT!!!

i was just about to say....if i was married to that girl, id never divorce her!!!!

on a serious note, my parents have been together for 32 years....and i only wish i could find someone one day whom i could love and whom will love me as much as my parents care for each other.

First of all, congratulations on becoming a Goddess!!!! smile.gif

My parents have been married for 36 years this year, I think. They've been seperated twice. Once before I was born and once when I was a senior in college. For some reason they keep getting back together. I don't see them ever getting a divorce but they totally need therapy.

------------------

You're only young once:

sa1046.jpg

Na! Na! Na! Gonna have a good time!

Hey! Hey! Hey!

Technically speaking, my parents are still together. But I hardly call that a happy marriage. I think the reason that they're still living together is out of habit, they're used to each other. Also, after 26yrs of marriage, who's going to put up w/ their crap??

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

to everyone who's parents are together, you dont need me to tell you how special that is... cwm38.gif bootycallguy... your parents weekend dates are so sweet!

well... my parents aren't divorced, but for the past 6 years they haven't been together... throughout my childhood they were together on and off again... that was definitely weird for me to deal with when i was younger... it's sad, i know my parents love each other... they just can't compromise...

anyway, yeah.. thanks to everyone who's answered so far... cwm38.gif

------------------

poohvlieger.gif

My parents have have been married for like almost 25 years now!!!

But the thing is that they love eachother, but its not even a marriage!! When they see eachother, they never kiss or stuff like that. I don't know they're just like whatever now. I don't even think they have sex anymore, I'm serious, cause like even at nite they sleep wiht the door wide open and my rooms by theirs and nothing.

I think its my dad's fault cause he's soo preoccupied with his work and all, thats all he does.

I don't know, the bottom line is that they are still married, but to me its not a marriage.

romy20

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

Well, my parents had me when they were 18 and got married as soon as my dad graduated college. They've been together ever since, going on 23 yrs. Since I haven't lived at home in several yrs, I don't get to see them more than once/twice a week anymore, but they seem to sill be very much in love: always doing things together, finishing each others' sentences, talking about how they'll be able to spend somuch time together once they can retire. They want to breed dogs in their golden yrs smile.gif

It's all very sweet & ideal. With the exception of having me so early on (I was clearly an accident, hehe), I'd say they've had the perfect marriage thus far.

D.

------------------

Too hot to handle!

devil2.gif

devilishgrin3@boardermail.com

my parents have been married for 42 years. they met when she was 12 and he was 13, and they married when she got pregnant at 18 and he was 19 (or she may have been 17, 18 by the time my brother was born).

they are really no longer in love or all that happy together. however, economics and obligation keep them together. probably a serious case of co-dependency too.

although they're still married, the state of their marriage is a big reason why, at age 37, i'm still single. they were just never that happy together but had three kids to raise. it's impacted my whole life. it's almost impossible not to have a cynical outlook on holy matrimony from having them for parents.

I wish I could say that my parents are still together.....but they are not.

They got divorced 21 years ago......I'm 29!

Years later dad realized that my Mom was a slice of heaven.....to late DAD...shouldn't have cheated!

Peace OUT!

HE loses!

Rock on to all those happy parents out there!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

also downtowngirl101

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net
/>http://homestead.juno.com/deluca04/BowlofSugar.html

there r statistics about this. they r good stats b/c marraige is a legal arrangement, there4 everything gets documented with the courts. i dont feel like looking them up for you, but i am sure there are places on the web for these things.

anyway... i always remember in the 80s that 2/3 marraiges were ending in divorce. i have also heard that it has dropped considerably since that time. BTW, my parents are still married, so i was def in the minority while growing up.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by djmoonshine:

this is a tough one... because yeah, your parents are still married and together, but if they're just going through the motions but have no feelings anymore, then is it the same? but then again, maybe after a while, love without sex, or affection is the way things work out... i really don't know...

btw... scaredgirl, everything you said was def. def. true... and good lord your sig is hot... you have amazing taste... cwm38.gif

Don't get me wrong, I know they still love eachother and all, its just that they're not affectionate towards eachother anymore.

I don't know its wierd though, their marriage and all ya know?

------------------

Clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

the situation, theyare tech. still together I know my mom loves my father and always will and vice versa and and they still live together BUT my father is in love with an d in a relationship w/ another man and he also lives with us cwm36.gif