Clubplanet Nightlife Community

twilo, friday

Last Friday, my friends and I went to Twilo. Now, I haven't been there for at least the last two years and after going there on Friday I now remember why I stopped going in the first place. It was so packed that you couldn't even dance. The music was absolutely amazing thanks to PVD, but I couldn't thoroughly enjoy myself because I had no room to shake my booty. The crowd was mixed and everyone seemed to be on drugs or piss drunk. People were sitting on the dance floor and lined up against walls. Talk about a fire hazard. We only stayed maybe for two hours, actually three because it took us an hour just to get in, go through the metal detector and pay 20 bucks to get in. Never going there again. Sorry if I offended any of you Twilo lovers, but it was wack.

------------------

word i agree twilo is always packed especially when pvd plays, check out exit on fridays

FRI 5/19 @ CLUB EXIT, 610 WEST 56TH STREET, PARTY STARTS 10PM AND ENDS WHEN EVERYONE LEAVES

18 TO ENTER, 21 TO DRINK, NO DRESS CODE

THONG COMPETITION, ALL LADIES IN A THONG GET IN FOR FREE, HUNDREDS OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN SHOW OF THEIR ASS-ETS ;0 VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ONE OR BE IN A COMPETITION YOURSELF

LINEUP:

MAIN ROOM: EDDIE BAEZ (HOUSE) , DJ BORIS (HOUSE) , TONY DRAPPER (TRANCE)

FUNHOUSE ROOM (RAVE ROOM): PUSSY LEE (SEXY HOUSE), PETER PAN (TRANCE), YENTALBEATS (HARD HOUSE), BASS ROKWELL, GRIFFIN

HIP HOP ROOM: SOME HIP HOP DJS + MCS

4TH ROOM (NEXT TO COAT CHECK): THIS IS SORT OF A CHILLOUT ROOM WHERE A LOT OF BBOYS CHILL AND DANCE AND I JUST DISCOVERED IT LAST FRI

------------------

[This message has been edited by clubmaster (edited 05-17-2000).]

What do you expect?? It's PVD!!! Of course it's going to be crowded. Whether it's here or there . . . if it's PVD it's going to be crowded anywhere.

As for the drugged up and drunk people . . . well . . what can I say? It's New York? It's a club? It all comes with the territory.

I still love Twilo cause it's the only club in New York that's able to bring me my PAUL VAN DYK!!!!!!

P.L.U.R.

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

dont go until 3 or 4 am it only starts to get real good at around 4.30 thats when the bring out the big beats and there's loads of room to bop around tongue.gif

------------------

Na, that's not it, Twilo gets that kind of crowd EVERY week no matter who is playing there. Also too many guys go there. You'll probably have a better time in a smaller club or something.

Peace

Originally posted by blueangel:

What do you expect?? It's PVD!!! Of course it's going to be crowded. Whether it's here or there . . . if it's PVD it's going to be crowded anywhere.

As for the drugged up and drunk people . . . well . . what can I say? It's New York? It's a club? It all comes with the territory.

I still love Twilo cause it's the only club in New York that's able to bring me my PAUL VAN DYK!!!!!!

P.L.U.R.

------------------

hehe. funny.... I was going to go to twilo for PVD and I hate CROWDED clubs.. but thats what makes for the party right?? the peeps. As for the drugs.. hey I did my share of them back in the day.... Better luck next time babe... Think to. there are alot of other clubs to choose from..

be safe......

------------------

Nestor, yes it is. Other Friday nights besides S&D and PVD are not that crowded. If you go on a Dave Seaman (equally good DJ) night there are plenty of room to dance and the crowd is more friendly. PVD and S&D are the only nights where Twilo breaks it's fire code three times the maximum. Of course I can't speak for the Saturdays cause I've never been there.

P.L.U.R.

Originally posted by Nestor:

Na, that's not it, Twilo gets that kind of crowd EVERY week no matter who is playing there. Also too many guys go there. You'll probably have a better time in a smaller club or something.

Peace

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

to Specail K Thanks for mentioning Palladium I though we were all but forgotten, I agree with you messege big time, but there is one place that is under ground, after hours hard core only and that is a secret my freind But if you know the L.A.M.P. IE lifestlyle Attitude money Personlity, the you know the place

------------------

I have to agree with you.....I went to Twilo on a Friday night about 3 weeks ago. After my cousin raving about how great the music system is there I figured that I would check it out too. Well, he was right the music was great but like you said, there was no room to move and people were sitting right in front of the speakers on the floor. I literally almost fell over some guy passed out! I admit that I was drinking, but some people there were out of control and me and my friends were not able to enjoy ourselves.......needless to say I wasted my money and ended up getting home at 2:00am!

------------------

2? I don't think I was even in line yet to go in. I think Twilo (or any club at that matter) is what you make of it. Everytime I've gone its been the best....can't get enough of it.

------------------

Guest ro

Last time I went to Twilo was when I was in town for the Oakenfold show at the Roxy.... we got to Twilo around 6:30/7 and things were still going with PVD....

I've noticed that the later you get to Twilo, the better the crowd and the music... from about 4/5am on it seems.

------------------

I had the most incredible night that night. PvD is the man! S&D is starting to get too dark and house-y for me but PvD's been on the ball! He's been spinnin' nice and heavy trance beats with awesome, mind blowing buildups. It was definitely crowded but I don't think it was as crowded as his usual nights for some reason... when the complainers/drunks started to leave ~4am, that's when the party really got going for me. There was enough room to dance and walk around...not to mention PvD really got into his funky groove! Awesome night, I didn't leave till close.

------------------

I UNDERSTAND WHAT THE GUY SAID ABOUT TWILO'S CROWD. I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THE CROWD THERE WAS HORRIBLE. A LOT OF IGNORANT PEOPLE WERE THERE THAT DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT REAL MUSIC, ABOUT PAUL VAN DYK, ETC. THE MUSIC WAS GREAT UNTIL ABOUT 430 AND THEN PVD STARTED PLAYING GARAGE AND WEIRD HOUSE TUNES. I HONESTLY THINK HE WAS DISGUSTED. AT ABOUT 615-30 THE HE STARTED GETTING INTO IT, BUT BY THEN MOST OF MY FRIENDS WANTED TO LEAVE. I LEFT AT 7. WHAT TIME DID PVD STOP PLAYING?

my friends and i left at about eight i think it was...yeah dude...you only caught the beginning of the really good stuff...it's too bad your friends wanted to leave..it think you woulda like it a lot more if you'd stayed the til the end..his last set was awesome!!!

------------------

Mixed feelings about PVD last Friday night:

When I got there at 2 the music was kickass, but later (like 5:30 or so..) he started playing some bad bad house, like some mad-crappy remix of Amber's "Sexual" (?!?!). We were in the VIP, and my buddy had to go down and see if they'd switched DJs or sumthin, but it was still PVD. I've never seen the room so still in the VIP as it was then.

When we went back down to the main floor it was still really weak and half the crowd was gone, so my peeps left around 6:30. Since it was PVD I refused to leave (cuz he's still the man, of course...) and I'm pretty glad I did cuz it made a bit of a comeback, but goddam, what was with all those breaks and that shitty assed 20 minute spin of "every time i close my eyes i see your face"? The breakbeat version? I was confused and disappointed with the tunes, but the crowd after 4 or 5 is always great and I had a blast as usual, danced my ass off, and closed the place, of course.

BTW, goddam PVD is a hotty...

Melissa

Mixed feelings about PVD last Friday night:

When I got there at 2 the music was kickass, but later (like 5:30 or so..) he started playing some bad bad house, like some mad-crappy remix of Amber's "Sexual" (?!?!). We were in the VIP, and my buddy had to go down and see if they'd switched DJs or sumthin, but it was still PVD. I've never seen the room so still in the VIP as it was then.

When we went back down to the main floor it was still really weak and half the crowd was gone, so my peeps left around 6:30. Since it was PVD I refused to leave (cuz he's still the man, of course...) and I'm pretty glad I did cuz it made a bit of a comeback, but goddam, what was with all those breaks and that shitty assed 20 minute spin of "every time i close my eyes i see your face"? The breakbeat version? I was confused and disappointed with the tunes, but the crowd after 4 or 5 is always great and I had a blast as usual, danced my ass off, and closed the place, of course.

BTW, goddam PVD is a hotty...

Melissa

There is nothing wrong with drugs and alcohol but you shouldn't be doing it if you can't handle it. Hey, I've done my share, believe me. I just wish there was a club out there that isn't so packed with so many idiots. Do you know what I mean? Exit, Twilo, Sound Factory are all so mainstream. I want some real down low, underground shit like the old warehouse rave parties used to be. The search continues....

------------------

There is nothing wrong with drugs and alcohol but you shouldn't be doing it if you can't handle it. Hey, I've done my share, believe me. I just wish there was a club out there that isn't so packed with so many idiots. Do you know what I mean? Exit, Twilo, Sound Factory are all so mainstream. I want some real down low, underground shit like the old warehouse rave parties used to be. The search continues....

------------------

Twilo gets jammed packed with guys cause it's known as a gay club - two words Junior Vasquez - that should say it all! The crowd is way too young on Fridays - if they only knew how the scene use to be. It's all way to commercial and it SUCKS! There is no such thing as “underground” anymore. It was the best when Palladium was open! Now that was underground!

------------------